Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 07:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Umm because they want to pump gas to their customers?

NS2 isn't ready to go despite what Putin wants you to believe.
Do you have anything intelligent to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 07:35 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Was it really an intelligent question to ask why Gazprom is going to keep paying Ukraine to pump gas to its customers? No.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:41 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Was it really an intelligent question to ask why Gazprom is going to keep paying Ukraine to pump gas to its customers? No.

It was actually a very reasonable question.

My guess is that the reason Kremlin is thinking about keeping Ukrainian pipe alive, because they think that Zelensky's regime is going to collapse pretty soon.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:45 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Umm because they want to pump gas to their customers?

NS2 isn't ready to go despite what Putin wants you to believe.

Now when I am listening closer, NS2 has TWO different outlets, not one.
So one of them is already ready to go, the other one is not 100% ready.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:51 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Bad news for our friend DKM

Brazil Health Regulator approve almost unanimously (4-1 vote) the Sputnik V vaccine.

To save face, it is approved on "conditions" that only shots manufactured in Russia (or in Brazil under license) can be used

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...al-2021-06-04/

Old 06-04-2021, 10:19 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It was actually a very reasonable question.

My guess is that the reason Kremlin is thinking about keeping Ukrainian pipe alive, because they think that Zelensky's regime is going to collapse pretty soon.
How do you propose Gazprom gets gas to Slovakia if not through Ukraine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Bad news for our friend DKM

Brazil Health Regulator approve almost unanimously (4-1 vote) the Sputnik V vaccine.

To save face, it is approved on "conditions" that only shots manufactured in Russia (or in Brazil under license) can be used

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...al-2021-06-04/
Why would I care if a 3rd world country wants to import some 3rd world vaccine for the rest of who has not taken it by July? I hope it works... but who's going to take it? Brazil has already done 70 million vaccinations.

France announced they are open to tourists now but you have to had a western approved vaccine. Now that's good vaccine news for me.

Last edited by DKM; 06-04-2021 at 10:37 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 11:22 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:

Why would I care if a 3rd world country wants to import some 3rd world vaccine

Your racist comment is very revealing on why you have such affinity for the new Ukraine.....quite clear...

Quote:

France announced they are open to tourists now but you have to had a western approved vaccine. Now that's good vaccine news for me.

More bad news for you, WHO on schedule to approve Sputnik V within 2 months.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...told%20Reuters.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:26 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I hear someone said that the contracts for use of the Ukrainian transit system to Europe are valid until 2024 and will be honored.

For the love of god why?

Yeah, a contract is a contract but when the Ukronazis are just using it to buy weapons to kill you with?

Not something I would do.
Contract. The payment will still continue, regardless of whether there is gas or not.
In general, the media greatly inflated the importance of the Ukrainian pipe.About 20 percent of gas exports go through Ukraine.

P. S.

And in general, who needs this Russian gas without freedom molecules )) Last year, the US flooded Europe with the right, high-tech LNG .These are reliable suppliers, not like these Russians.
Oh!? Why?! Asia gave the best price ? Has LNG gone to Asia? Well, it's business, nothing personal ,you should have paid more, and then, then for sure American LNG would have gone to Europe, and so it's your own fault )))

Old 06-05-2021, 02:26 PM
DKM

It doesn't matter since Russia can (and should) build LNG terminals too. Anyone who can and wants to export LNG does. We do it, Russia is starting to. Qatar and Australia do a lot too. Germany is closing coal plants (that use Russian coal) and needs gas to replace them until their renewables can catch up in 15-20 years. They can buy it from Gazprom cheap since Gazprom is used to not making much profit anymore. If Poland wants to buy our LNG to spite Russia, well they are and that's fine too.

I'm more hopeful that Russia will export more nuclear plants around the world since that is what we all actually need.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
A preview of the Biden/Putin summitt.......

Quote:
U.S.-Russia relations are at possibly their lowest point since the fall of the Soviet Union, Axios' Zachary Basu writes.

Why it matters: So it's fitting that President Biden and Vladimir Putin will sit down in Geneva, the site of Ronald Reagan's first meeting with Mikhail Gorbachev in 1985.

The White House has rejected the idea that the summit is a "reward" for Putin, noting that Biden proposed the meeting "because of our countries' differences, not in spite of them."
Those differences are considerable:

The U.S. intelligence community reported in March that Putin authorized influence operations in 2020 aimed at damaging Biden's candidacy. A day later Biden set off a mini diplomatic crisis by calling Putin a "killer."
The Biden administration has levied sanctions against Russia for the massive SolarWinds hack and the poisoning and jailing of opposition leader Alexei Navalny. And yet Putin is undeterred.
In the past two months, Russia has engaged in a menacing military buildup on Ukraine's border, launched a new wave of cyberattacks and strangled Navalny's opposition network.
But even with the latest provocations, Biden has vowed to seek to work with Russia on areas of mutual concern.

Both sides have sought to downplay expectations for the summit.
A successful outcome might be simply arresting the deterioration of relations and establishing some modicum of stability as the U.S. pivots to its top geopolitical priority: China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe