Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 06:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
The fact is that no ,alas, it is not a neutrino.

And as for cooling, this is just one of the biggest fundamental problems with energy in space. A power plant with a capacity of slightly more than a megawatt, requires a huge area of radiators for itself (coolers).And without this in any way.Otherwise, how to remove the energy? An increase in power, however, leads to a physical increase in the system, to its complication and, as a result, loss of reliability, permanent mechanical breakdowns, etc.

Solar energy is not enough for something serious.For movement in space, it is extremely small.You will simply grow the physical mass of the mirror receiver or solar panels and the entire structure will turn into a huge behemoth that can barely hold itself in place, let alone move. Here's a look

If we take the loss of efficiency, we get 1 kW (1000 watts) per 1 square meter. To get 1 megawatt (1,000,000 watts) you need to build a receiver with an area of at least 1,000,000 square meters. In general, there are a lot of problems and difficulties there.Everything is as always, the deeper you study the subject, the more problems and difficulties you see In the meantime, we need to learn to fly 50 times faster than it is now, only after that Mars and the bunker on Mars at a depth of 100 meters, this is if the ground is not radioactive.

Quote:
And as for cooling, this is just one of the biggest fundamental problems with energy in space. A power plant with a capacity of slightly more than a megawatt, requires a huge area of radiators for itself (coolers).And without this in any way.Otherwise, how to remove the energy?
Objects in space cool themselves by radiation. Walk out into the sunlight. The sun is in space and it radiates it's heat away. Heat is controlled easily and can even be stored for later use. This will be the least of our problems.

i have to look into this Cosmic radiation thing. I'm sure I've read it before but memory is jumbled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 08:47 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
They're now reporting DVT blood clots for all four vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson). The risk is small and may be genetic. You could get the same problem if you're infected.

That's what I've said earlier.

It's the analogy with the computers; if you have a newer version, downloading these advanced vaccines shouldn't be a problem.

But if you already have an "outdated" version that still works but has its quirks, this "new download" might cause unwanted complications.

So far Sputnik V comes across as the least invasive one ( from my personal point of view.)

I know nothing about the Chinese vaccine, and keeping in mind that that's where the disease originally came from, I probably don't care to know.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:59 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Objects in space cool themselves by radiation. Walk out into the sunlight. The sun is in space and it radiates it's heat away. Heat is controlled easily and can even be stored for later use. This will be the least of our problems.

i have to look into this Cosmic radiation thing. I'm sure I've read it before but memory is jumbled.
Yes, that's right, excess heat can only be removed by radiation.And in a vacuum, this happens for a very long time. Not for nothing a good thermos, this is where the vacuum between the walls, right? And to remove energy from the same reactor, we need a temperature difference, or in other words, the flow of energy, the only way we can withdraw power.This is physics.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:08 AM

A few photos from the plant where nuclear icebreakers are produced

Quote:
JSC "Baltic Plant" is the only shipyard in the world where orders for the creation of nuclear icebreakers are fulfilled. Now they are building universal nuclear icebreakers "Siberia", "Ural", "Yakutia" and "Chukotka", which will become the most powerful in the world. In addition, the company produces ships and ships with nuclear power plants, floating nuclear power plants, equipment for shipbuilding, nuclear and chemical industries, and mechanical engineering products.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:15 AM

Quote:
The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) has agreed with companies from Italy, Spain, France and Germany to produce a Russian vaccine against the coronavirus "Sputnik V". This was stated by the general director of the fund, his words were transmitted by the press service of the fund.

"RDIF has already reached agreements with companies from Italy, Spain, France and Germany to launch the production of Sputnik V. Currently, negotiations are underway with a number of other manufacturers to increase production in the EU, " he said.

According to the head of the RDIF, this will allow, after receiving the approval of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), to start supplying the vaccine to the European market. The CEO noted that the EMA is currently considering the application for registration of the vaccine submitted by the Russian side.

"RDIF and its partners will also be ready to start deliveries to those EU countries that independently register Satellite V," he added.
As far as I understand, we are waiting for the approval of the European bureaucrats in the near future.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:01 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Europe has already ordered more than 2 billion doses of approved vaccines not including the JNJ (just approved). I doubt many Sputnik shots will arrive in EU members' arms. Unless its easier to make? Perhaps some eastern European countries will for political points... but most of these shots will go to places like Cuba and Nicaragua.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Europe has already ordered more than 2 billion doses of approved vaccines not including the JNJ (just approved). I doubt many Sputnik shots will arrive in EU members' arms. Unless its easier to make? Perhaps some eastern European countries will for political points... but most of these shots will go to places like Cuba and Nicaragua.
Yes, yes, but everywhere you look, in Europe, there is a hard lockdown and a curfew in places. .Making an order is not enough,it still needs to be received, and not just received, but on time and in proper quality. And since the order was made, it will be canceled in the same way ... Vaughn, it turns out that these vaunted vaccines do more harm than good.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:31 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
The end of U.S.-Russia collaboration in space

https://news.yahoo.com/end-u-russia-...090036925.html

I think Russia is making a big mistake

Its one of the few successful US-russia partnerships

Old 03-16-2021, 01:34 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Everyone is double- and triple-ordering because of hoarding. All of the vaccines aren't doing well against the South Africa variant in Europe.

China and Russia signed MOU for new lunar space station

link

Quote:
Russia and China are responding to the Trump administration’s strategic decision to exclude them from its so-called Artemis Accords, which the Trump administration unveiled in 2020 (a set of guidelines surrounding the US’ Artemis Program for crewed exploration of the Moon.) Moscow and Beijing see the Artemis programme as a power grab as the US increasingly treats space as a new military domain. The US proposes to create “safety zones” on the lunar surface that would surround its future moon bases ostensibly to prevent damage or interference from rival countries or companies operating in close proximity.

The immense potential to yield scientific discoveries apart, all these technologies are inherently dual-purpose and scientific work can always be turned into weapons development. Indeed, there is a huge economic dimension to all this as well. According to reports, NASA is investing tens of billions of dollars into the Artemis program, which calls for putting humans on the moon by 2024 and building up a “sustainable presence” on the lunar south pole thereafter, with private companies mining lunar rocks and subsurface water that can be converted to rocket fuel.

On its part, China too plans to establish an Earth-Moon Special Economic Zone by the year 2050, and once operational, China expects the zone to generate an astonishing $1 trillion dollars through space-based services and manufacturing, and extraction of extra-terrestrial natural resources. China has already started investing in Space-Based Solar Power – a technology that it plans to use to power a lunar base — and is planning to invest in the deployment of a transportation system linking Earth and its natural satellite.
Trump tried to do the same with the Covid vaccine. He tried to buy up the rights to prevent other countries' access.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:46 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
I'd like to know Turist's opinion of this "Memorandum of Understanding".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe