Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 06:06 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Nope, don't envy Ukraine either. But last I checked they ordered the other Chinese vaccine, not sinovac. Thought this was the Russian thread tho? I know, whatabout Ukraine, the standard Russian defense for its clear inferiority to the West.

It's pretty simple DKM - as soon as you start talking about "Russia's inferiority" and "West superiority," Ukraine immediately comes to mind. So it decided to submit itself under the "superior West" instead of the "inferior Russia." So how did it work out for them?

Rest assured that if Russians will ever decide to submit under the "Western superiority," the results will be the same and even worse ( if such thing is possible.)
So I'd say given the choice, Russians will get by with their Sputnik V and whatever other vaccines they created. After all, whatever they poked in me throughout my childhood sure didn't kill me; in fact it worked, since Russians were pretty successful in fighting the epidemics.

I just wish they'd yell at me less in the process)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 10:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Yeah they used to say that about South Korea too.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:04 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Envy is definitely not something I'm feeling right now. I don't envy the Russian who has no choice but getting their unproven vaccines. I'll stick with my Pfizer shot.
Of course not, well, who would doubt it ) Otherwise, it is clear to everyone that to your envy, there is still a certain amount of annoyance and rage . Well, what can I do? Please accept my condolences.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:42 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Russia has begun spaceplane project, says Soviet shuttle designer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN2BG1YR

I like the Dream chaser better
I think it will not be implemented. From existing interesting Roscosmos's projects the nuclear-powered space tug Nuclon can reach to space tests.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Old 03-26-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think it will not be implemented. From existing interesting Roscosmos's projects the nuclear-powered space tug Nuclon can reach to space tests.
Why not? To do this, in general, everything is there.As far as I know, this is an unmanned vehicle.
It is much lighter than Buran, does not require such monstrous capacity and launch costs.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Why not? To do this, in general, everything is there.As far as I know, this is an unmanned vehicle.
It is much lighter than Buran, does not require such monstrous capacity and launch costs.
NPO Molniya is not Roscosmos now, it is part of Kalashnikov. Why does Kalashnikov need a civilian space shuttle? What rocket will take it into space? This is very strange.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
NPO Molniya is not Roscosmos now, it is part of Kalashnikov. Why does Kalashnikov need a civilian space shuttle? What rocket will take it into space? This is very strange.
There is nothing surprising. Roscosmos is involved in this case, the NGO "Molniya" has a lot of developments on this topic, it is not for nothing that they have revived them.If there is an order, then there is also a payload for which this shuttle is needed.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Gazprom moved back its promised NS2 opening to 2022. Any day now!

Old 03-26-2021, 03:11 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's pretty simple DKM - as soon as you start talking about "Russia's inferiority" and "West superiority," Ukraine immediately comes to mind. So it decided to submit itself under the "superior West" instead of the "inferior Russia." So how did it work out for them?

Rest assured that if Russians will ever decide to submit under the "Western superiority," the results will be the same and even worse ( if such thing is possible.)
So I'd say given the choice, Russians will get by with their Sputnik V and whatever other vaccines they created. After all, whatever they poked in me throughout my childhood sure didn't kill me; in fact it worked, since Russians were pretty successful in fighting the epidemics.

He has an inferiority complex. Like the ones who try to pump Russia, he tried to dump Russia even where there's nothing.

You can't use the mRNA vaccines in backward countries where they don't have special refrigeration equipment for storage and transportation.

The recombinant DNA vaccines like Sputnik, J&J, and the Chinese version are more robust in handling and distribution. They're essentially doing the same job as the mRNA vaccine, communicating to the human cells to produce the specific protein encoded in the virus vector and triggering a immune reaction.

They both do the same job. The mRNA vaccines are faster to produce since you don't have to grow the adenovirus.

A lot of the credit given to mRNA vaccines being first to apply for approvals should also be written off to taking short cuts in testing. That's one of the reasons why many in the field are taking a wait-and-see approach and Europe is limiting distribution to 16-to-64 and those without autoimmune disorders.

Last edited by lchoro; 03-26-2021 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe