Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2021, 07:34 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Russian womens single figure skaters sweep the competition in Sweden.

https://tass.com/sport/1271013

Despite the bullcrap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 08:29 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Gazprom moved back its promised NS2 opening to 2022. Any day now!

So American government is apparently bankrupting Western Europe now.

But this won't save anti-Russian project "Ukraine" - I can tell you that much.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:31 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russian womens single figure skaters sweep the competition in Sweden.

https://tass.com/sport/1271013

Despite the bullcrap.

Trusova is awesome, I don't care for the other two.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:47 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Gazprom moved back its promised NS2 opening to 2022. Any day now!
Did Miller call you personally?

Construction of Nord Stream 2 to be finalized this year, says Gazprom
https://tass.com/economy/1270631

Missed again..

Old 03-27-2021, 12:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

Missed again..
He also missed the fact that Russia was the 3rd largest supplier of crude oil to America in 2020.

So America can buy oil from Russia but the Europeans can't buy gas.

Hmmmmm. Isn't that precious!!!!

I would think America would stand on its principles and not buy Russian crude and sanction anyone that does.

The hypocrisy is mindblowing.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:35 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
He also missed the fact that Russia was the 3rd largest supplier of crude oil to America in 2020.

So America can buy oil from Russia but the Europeans can't buy gas.

Hmmmmm. Isn't that precious!!!!

I would think America would stand on its principles and not buy Russian crude and sanction anyone that does.

The hypocrisy is mindblowing.
I'll tell you even more.. Russia came in second place in terms of oil supplies to the United States, with a record increase in supplies and overtaking Saudi Arabia.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:38 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
And this moment was also missed. Gas shortage in Europe, quite a profitable thing ))

Quote:
Moscow. March 14. INTERFAX.EN - The price of gas at the main port hub of Europe-the Netherlands TF rose to $229 per thousand cubic meters with delivery on Monday. The achieved level is the highest for the last month-since February 11.

In the last week alone, the price of blue fuel has increased by 11%, and since the beginning of March-by 16%.

Since the beginning of the year, the average price of the contract" for the day ahead " on TTF was $234 per thousand cubic meters.

Gazprom's budget for 2021 includes the average price of gas exports to foreign countries at $170 per thousand cubic meters. More than 60% of Gazprom's sales to Europe are now carried out at spot prices "for the month ahead", the rest-with reference to the price of oil, longer futures, spot gas prices and a hybrid mechanism.
Someone here told in August about the fact that Gazprom went bankrupt because for 2 whole weeks the price of gas was below 100 dollars ? Or I'm wrong and it wasn't mentioned here..

Quote:
Meanwhile, the level of stocks in underground storage in Europe on Sunday morning fell to 32.56%. That's 4.9 percentage points below the five-year average.

According to the Gas Infrastructure Europe portal, gas reserves in Germany (the main gas market in Europe) decreased to 27.27%, in Austria-to 31.79%, the Czech Republic-31.56%, Poland-41.57%, France - to 18.72% (the lowest level among the countries of the region), in Ukraine - to 40.26%.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:48 AM

5,762 posts, read 11,367,944 times
Quote:
I'll tell you even more.. Russia came in second place in terms of oil supplies to the United States, with a record increase in supplies and overtaking Saudi Arabia.
I didn't know that, and most people in the US likely don't know that. Out of curiosity, I found a US Energy Information Administration import chart for crude oil. It looks like Russia and Mexico are the #2 & #3 crude oil exporters to the US, but their position changes from month by month. Not surprising, Canada is #1 by a long shot.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_mov...im0_mbbl_m.htm

I would expect that NS2 will active sometime this year. It is hypocritical to oppose NS2 on the basis that it will make Germany or other countries in the EU overly dependent on gas supplies from Russia. It improves the security of incoming gas supplies, because it bypasses all other countries from the pipeline route - an intermediate country doesn't have the ability to shut off gas flow.

Old 03-27-2021, 04:10 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Gazprom said their pipe will be operational in 2022. It isn't a counter argument to say they also plan to finish the construction this year, as construction has to be done before it would be operational. It was just a year ago when they claimed it would be operational already by now.

Even if it is built, it is pretty useless if it is not pumping gas. It eventually may pump gas, a few years late, but on Europe's terms. Unless the Greens win in Germany, then its dead. Speaking of the German election, it seems Russia can't help but try to hack and disturb German political work lately (according to Der Spiegel).

Russia isn't doing itself any favors by supporting the Myanmar junta, that is for sure. The cause to kill those opposed to overturning elections by force is not one Europe believes in. I don't think they really have strong enough values to do much about it, but every bit chips away.

Old 03-27-2021, 04:31 PM

168 posts, read 128,808 times
Quote:

Missed again..
What I want to know if they're building it daily or there are regular breaks in the construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe