Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 08:15 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Some news from the " gas station country" )))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFItcIn99Q

The video is in Russian,only subtitles with translation are available..
A handheld laser MRI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 12:12 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
A handheld laser MRI?
Laser scanner, measures the geometry of large parts and creates a 3D model
The measurement accuracy is 0.01 millimeter, if I understand correctly. Such a measuring tool, of course, greatly facilitates the manufacturing process. MRI scanners are also available, I saw them in the topic of space, they check the quality of metal and welds in rocket tanks, for example.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:32 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
It doesn't need to be said that there is the messaging particle and the coating when the topic is what is causing the immune system to react. mRNA vaccines have been around for a long time. I don't care much for a vaccine that tells the body to produce the spike protein used to infect cells. They didn't test the vaccines on a large segment of the population, those outside the ages of 16-64 and those with autoimmune disorders, after they encountered severe side effects early last summer.

Last edited by lchoro; 03-24-2021 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-24-2021, 11:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Looks like trouble with Russia's followup to Sputnik 5 (the worlds first and slowest rolled out vaccine). EpiVacCorona may not work.

According to people in the phase 3 trial, half of them did not receive antibodies at all out of the people who took part. I am sure there is an official explanation to cover for this.

https://epivakorona.com/article01.html

It may not matter anyway because Russia has managed to not quite produce even half a million doses despite being approved by the Putin government 5 months ago(!)

And speaking of vaccines not working, the only country in the world with a high uptake of vaccine and no visible impact on infections would be Chile, the country that used mostly Sinovac. Seems to be following the results of 50% effectiveness found in Brazil. Oh well, better than nothing.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:13 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Looks like trouble with Russia's followup to Sputnik 5 (the worlds first and slowest rolled out vaccine). EpiVacCorona may not work.

According to people in the phase 3 trial, half of them did not receive antibodies at all out of the people who took part. I am sure there is an official explanation to cover for this.

https://epivakorona.com/article01.html

It may not matter anyway because Russia has managed to not quite produce even half a million doses despite being approved by the Putin government 5 months ago(!)

And speaking of vaccines not working, the only country in the world with a high uptake of vaccine and no visible impact on infections would be Chile, the country that used mostly Sinovac. Seems to be following the results of 50% effectiveness found in Brazil. Oh well, better than nothing.
DKM envy, a very, very bad feeling. Very destructive )

Old 03-25-2021, 02:06 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times

https://youtu.be/flyADpC1Ono

Old 03-25-2021, 02:34 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
DKM envy, a very, very bad feeling. Very destructive )
Envy is definitely not something I'm feeling right now. I don't envy the Russian who has no choice but getting their unproven vaccines. I'll stick with my Pfizer shot.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:05 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Envy is definitely not something I'm feeling right now. I don't envy the Russian who has no choice but getting their unproven vaccines. I'll stick with my Pfizer shot.

You envy the Ukrainian instead, who has no choice but *proven* Indian vaccine?
No wait, they'll have the choice soon, and it will be the Chinese Sinovac ( that is if they'll ever see it, after all those millions that were paid for it.)

Old 03-25-2021, 03:37 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Russia has begun spaceplane project, says Soviet shuttle designer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN2BG1YR

I like the Dream chaser better

Old 03-25-2021, 03:38 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You envy the Ukrainian instead, who has no choice but *proven* Indian vaccine?
No wait, they'll have the choice soon, and it will be the Chinese Sinovac ( that is if they'll ever see it, after all those millions that were paid for it.)
Nope, don't envy Ukraine either. But last I checked they ordered the other Chinese vaccine, not sinovac. Thought this was the Russian thread tho? I know, whatabout Ukraine, the standard Russian defense for its clear inferiority to the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe