Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 11:31 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Some of the videos out there are obviously faked productions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 11:55 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
OK, more news coming...
This is first of all for Russian speakers - my go-to channels for the most balanced and accurate information.

Russian speakers in Eastern Ukraine ( or as I call it "Russian territories uncontrolled by Kremlin.")

(I will try to translate more details later on tonight on what Belorussians are saying regarding the situation in the country, since she quotes quite a few of them,) but first thing first.

What "Strana UA" is reporting here, is that "Package of the economic "reanimation reforms" for Belorussia was issued by USAID/European Union by the end of July, BEFORE any election took place in Belorussia.

The "prescription" is still the same as for Ukraine - "privatization of the industrial enterprises, engagement of the trans-national corporations, health-care reforms" and on and on.

Looks like Belorussians have serious cognitive dissonance going ; if the majority of Belorussians want to have "open border with Russia," yet want to see Lukashenko gone, "no one is going to ask their opinion once the protest will succeed" ( quoting O. Medvedeva here; I guess being a Ukrainian she knows those things first hand. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C18TmWmFx0A

Old 08-13-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Some of the videos out there are obviously faked productions.

Are you referring to my Vysotsky song?
"Faked" as in what?

I actually took the first available video with that song on Youtube, and they say that it's "Gorky studio" ( that's where the movie was made,) but it looks to me more like a scene from some FRENCH movie actually, not the Russian one.

And if it's French ( as I think,) it's not "faked production" at all)))
Both the French and Italians had AMAZING cinematography back in the day; I watched quite a few of their movies and they were totally awesome!

P.S. Oh wait - I even found the translation of this song. ( "A Corsair" or better known as "It's not the evening yet.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ignCZW8P1pc

Last edited by erasure; 08-13-2020 at 12:45 PM..

Old 08-13-2020, 01:07 PM

No. Some of the videos about strikes at BelAZ had been manipulated by having a sound track inserted from a previous video.

The Polish source is trying to manipulate the situation and incite a strike/strikes. Maybe I can post it later.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
No. Some of the videos about strikes at BelAZ had been manipulated by having a sound track inserted from a previous video.

The Polish source is trying to manipulate the situation and incite a strike/strikes. Maybe I can post it later.

My bad, sorry)))

P.S. Yes, all this information needs to be checked and re-checked.

A lot of hype is coming from Khodorkovsky, Navalny et al as well, so...
P.S. And since the "economic plan" for Belorussia has been created by the US already BEFORE the election, one can only guess what's going on for real.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:49 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Always remember that Vysotsky's song - "It's not the evening yet."
I used to dislike most of his songs back in my childhood, but with time the wisdom of his lyrics caught up with me.
Yes, Vysotsky is a great poet, probably one of the best in the classical style.

But, perhaps, in this situation, the one who lived at the end of eras and was able to transfer it to music and poetry is more suitable.

"Чем гуще Ñумрак- тем Ñветлей в бою
Чем темнее ночь- тем Ñкорей раÑÑвет
Будет новый день
ЯÑный Ñветлый день"

"The thicker the dusk, the brighter in battle,
The darker the night, the sooner the dawn.
There will be a new day
Clear bright day "

https://youtu.be/WSaQGjy8Sn8

In any case, I wish Belarusians good luck. Lukashenko or someone else... it doesn't matter. As long as they don't call for killing Russians - I wish them well on their land.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:

The strikes are clearly happening and not just at BelAZ. Look at Azot in Grodno, Zhilstroy, MAZ etc. Hospitals across the country have protesting medics and doctors out front holding photos of people injured by the police. You can't make this stuff up and nobody believes its Polish disinformation causing the country to turn out like this. Its clearly the police violence which is causing this backlash. So many videos of people jumping in to help others being attacked by police at the side of the road. Something is going to happen soon because Batya has lost control of the situation.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:27 PM

Yes DKM you can make this stuff by up. I have seen little footage of any new activities in the last 12 hours. Just some footage of women in white marching for peace between protesters and police whos message is being distorted.

Let's see what shows up tomorrow. I doubt much will.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:47 PM

... and here they come - the *anxious democrats* - the representatives of the EU countries ( and US of course) - to put the flowers at the place of death of the first "sacred victim" of Belorussian Maidan.

A person who has blown himself up, while trying to throw explosives at police.

This heroic death can't go to waste, since USAID already created the "economic reconstruction plan" for Belorussia" BEFORE any election took place, and since the riots didn't go exactly as planned, they already figured out that the PERSONAL PRESENCE of American reps will infuse more enthusiasm into "freedom fighters" as it encouraged the nationalists in Kiev few years ago.

And sure enough, some president of some Slovakia demands the "recount" of Belorussian election results now, with who else but ever-present Mike Pompeo by his side.

So the "democracy circus" must go on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjPbstg3uWc

Last edited by erasure; 08-13-2020 at 07:04 PM..

Old 08-13-2020, 07:12 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Yes DKM you can make this stuff by up. I have seen little footage of any new activities in the last 12 hours. Just some footage of women in white marching for peace between protesters and police whos message is being distorted.

Let's see what shows up tomorrow. I doubt much will.
Protests I saw today in:

Minsk (even state railways employees in front of their headquarters)
Grodno
Lida
Pinsk
Mogoliev
Mazuyr
Pruzhany
Zhoblin
Polotsk
Novogrudok
Bobrusk
Sologorsk
Zhodino
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe