Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2020, 03:05 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I just talked to Yulia in Gomel and her husband Alexei. There were scuffles between the police and small groups of youth. Some on both sides were injured. Some arrests were made.

One thing that really pissed them off was a traffic cop from their good who was busting a drunk driver downtown Thursday evening. Someone hit him in the head with a large brick. He has a concussion, broken jaw, shattered teeth and an injury to his eye and stitches. He's in the hospital hospital now.

This guy was not in any way involved in policing the protests. He was simply targeted by some ahole because he was a cop. The pero got away. He was helped by some people who lived in the area. More later.

Yup.
The "civilized West" is "terrified" by the way the cops are treating the "democratic protests" in Belorussia.

They don't like to talk about how many cops were KILLED ( set on fire, shot) in Ukraine, during the "democratic" coup d'etat sponsored by the West.
Because it doesn't support the convenient narrative.

Belorussian cops however are very much aware of what it's all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 03:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
... and here they come - the *anxious democrats* - the representatives of the EU countries ( and US of course) - to put the flowers at the place of death of the first "sacred victim" of Belorussian Maidan.

A person who has blown himself up, while trying to throw explosives at police.
Are you ready to own this lie yet? Just keep pushing out the fake lies to cover the crimes of this regime as if they were verified truth... but now there is video very clearly showing he was shot in the chest. His body still isn't being released to his family.

It makes sense that someone who supports violence against Ukrainians for being independent would also support it against Belarusians. But your side will lose because of this (again).

Old 08-15-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Are you ready to own this lie yet? Just keep pushing out the fake lies to cover the crimes of this regime as if they were verified truth... but now there is video very clearly showing he was shot in the chest. His body still isn't being released to his family.

I don't think it was a lie - rather absence of clear understanding of what took place, and hence - this initial reporting from different sources.

But now, when they sort out all the details - yes, it looks like he was shot.

There are more and more details about the aborted coup d'etat coming out, so let's be patient.

Quote:
It makes sense that someone who supports violence against Ukrainians for being independent would also support it against Belarusians. But your side will lose because of this (again).
Ukrainians?
"Independent?"

P.S. What do you know about "my side?"

Old 08-15-2020, 04:18 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The Kremlin is silent so far. Lukashenko referred to Russia stepping in, Russia has said nothing today.

does putin have the money to launch another invasion?

Old 08-15-2020, 04:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
does putin have the money to launch another invasion?
When the survival of 10s of millions of people and a culture is at stake it's not a question of money.
Russia certainly could invade Belarus and the eastern and central parts of Ukraine. You can be sure that there would be Belarussian and Ukrainian soldati with them if done right.

Old 08-15-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Where is this video? There's also the fact that officers have a right to defend themselves. If he was raising his arms with something in his hands and I was a cop I can't say I wouldn't have shot too.

Just like the George Fentanyl Floyd case. At one point I may well have shot him.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:14 PM

And here it comes;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3L9wskqqc

Lukashenko:

"I am more concerned about the situation unfolding in our neighboring states - Poland and Lithuania.
As you know it, NATO is conducting military exercises there.

We could put up with that, but there is definitely escalation.. and increase of military component going on there. To ignore it, to keep on quietly watching it - no, we can't do that.

When I was listening to the report of of my military staff - they are concerned by it as well.

We talked about it last year already, what we are going to do, when it comes to the military component of it. We have agreement with the Russian Federation under the "union agreement" and "collective security."

These kind of situations fall under these agreements.

That's why today I had the lengthy and detailed conversation with the head of the Russian Federation ( I was surprised about his profound knowledge of situation,) and he assured me that upon the first request they will provide us with all the necessary assistance."

Old 08-15-2020, 08:04 PM

Russia may send troops. There are many reasons for this the least of which is the hostility of Poland.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Scrat, I think I dug to the bottom of it - that's what he REALLY said.

Look above.
I think I over reacted. I read an article about the tractor plant. Their brand is sold world wide, even Canada and America. Especially in South America and are in demand. The problem is if they cannot supply what the market demands that market will go elsewhere to get what it needs.

I still think Lukashenko is a problem though.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Yup.
The "civilized West" is "terrified" by the way the cops are treating the "democratic protests" in Belorussia.

They don't like to talk about how many cops were KILLED ( set on fire, shot) in Ukraine, during the "democratic" coup d'etat sponsored by the West.
Because it doesn't support the convenient narrative.

Belorussian cops however are very much aware of what it's all about.
Alexi said that his old hunting buddy was in Brest and he was told there were some strange people around. Both are for cracking heads.

Anyway Yulia is worried and no mother in the neighborhood is allowing their teenage children much freedom. Things are relatively calm.

She said Svetlana and her family went to their dacha early last week and they haven't heard from them since but there's no trouble with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe