Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 07:19 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
... and here they come - the *anxious democrats* - the representatives of the EU countries ( and US of course) - to put the flowers at the place of death of the first "sacred victim" of Belorussian Maidan.

A person who has blown himself up, while trying to throw explosives at police.

This heroic death can't go to waste, since USAID already created the "economic reconstruction plan" for Belorussia" BEFORE any election took place, and since the riots didn't go exactly as planned, they already figured out that the PERSONAL PRESENCE of American reps will infuse more enthusiasm into "freedom fighters" as it encouraged the nationalists in Kiev few years ago.

And sure enough, some president of some Slovakia demands the "recount" of Belorussian election results now, with who else but ever-present Mike Pompeo by his side.

So the "democracy circus" must go on.
]
No doubt you are scared of what this means for Russia and its grand imperial project. Putin must be hatching a plan B quick because it looks like his "partner" he just congratulated is going down. I heard some Russian army units are being activated in Smolensk and Bryansk Oblasts.

I'll keep an eye on your posts for their signalling. So far its all a dirty plan hatched by the west but that isn't compelling enough... Terrorizing the population with violence isn't working either. Like I said, a plan B is coming.

Just admit it, a free election in Belarus is a threat to Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 07:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Protests I saw today in:

Minsk (even state railways employees in front of their headquarters)
Grodno
Lida
Pinsk
Mogoliev
Mazuyr
Pruzhany
Zhoblin
Polotsk
Novogrudok
Bobrusk
Sologorsk
Zhodino
Link's?

Old 08-13-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Protests I saw today in:

Minsk (even state railways employees in front of their headquarters)
Grodno
Lida
Pinsk
Mogoliev
Mazuyr
Pruzhany
Zhoblin
Polotsk
Novogrudok
Bobrusk
Sologorsk
Zhodino
Link's?

And what units are being activated?

Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
No doubt you are scared of what this means for Russia and its grand imperial project. Putin must be hatching a plan B quick because it looks like his "partner" he just congratulated is going down.
DKMchik, dear..
I explained to you so many times, that you are so wrong in your guesses, it's not even funny.

Quote:
I heard some Russian army units are being activated in Smolensk and Bryansk Oblasts. I'll keep an eye on your posts for their signalling. So far its all a dirty plan hatched by the west but that isn't compelling enough... Terrorizing the population with violence isn't working either. Like I said, a plan B is coming.
Oh?

Things are getting interesting then?
I need to check on that one.

Quote:
Just admit it, a free election in Belarus is a threat to Russia.
I understand that the West ( or rather the US) is getting more and more aggressive, while trying to corner Russia, but as I've said I already know how it's all going to end, so for now I am just biting my tongue))

P.S. However, I already said before, that Putin's betrayal of Zakhar is going to be the beginning of his end.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:14 AM

There is something going on in the production plants in Belarus as DKM stated. I got this from TUT.by. DKM is correct.

The people are pretty pissed off at this point. Many European powers are calling for the release of those detained.

Luka appears to be backed into a corner. The one he may have painted himself into.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:34 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Right now, we are suffering catastrophic economic damage from the virus, and may soon suffer long term political and social damage as well. The UK has just reported the worst slump in economic output since records began, and, while we are doing worse than most countries, lockdown is taking a huge toll everywhere. Everything we know from history tells us that deep depressions create political turmoil and social and economic damage that endures for a generation or more. Tolerating all that while we wait for vaccines to be completely tested is a risk as well. Which one is greater? As Blanchard argues, it is not easy to say. It certainly isn't obvious.
There is surely an argument that it is better to cut a few corners with a vaccine than tolerate indefinite, repeated lockdowns, mass unemployment, widespread bankruptcies, and crippling levels of debt. Indeed, maybe we should already make the Oxford or Moderna vaccines available to anyone who wants to take them? We are already testing them on 30,000 people, so they are hardly deadly. If individuals want to take their chances, then that is up to them.
The Russians have decided to rip up the rule book and press ahead with the vaccine anyway. Just because we don’t like Putin’s corrupt, authoritarian, nationalistic administration doesn’t mean that he has possibly got this one right. After all, as far as we know, no one will be forced to take the vaccine. If it works, the whole world will benefit. If it adds to Russia’s prestige, well, so what? Maybe the Russians have made the right call, and perhaps a few more countries should follow its lead. At the very least, we should stop condemning the decision.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ssian-vaccine-

Old 08-14-2020, 08:53 AM

The detained protesters are being released.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:26 AM

Apparently the riot police have lowered their shields and are siding with the protestors according to TASS.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:19 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Apparently the riot police have lowered their shields and are siding with the protestors according to TASS.

Listening to dispatch from "Strana UA" now. ( Their correspondent just got back from Belorussia)

So according to them, the reason why the workers went on strike on major factories, is because many of them apparently were beaten up by police even when they didn't have anything to do with protests - they were just passer-byes and so on.

Obviously, police was vicious during previous nights and they were indeed grabbing people right and left - anyone who was on the streets.
However it's very obvious why they were acting this way - they all remember too well what happened in Ukraine before, and how many of them were killed when they did not act decisively enough.

The head of police department stepped forward though, and accepted responsibility for police brutality.
So Lukashenko at this point is trying to separate the moderate part of society, that just want dialogue with those in power, from the radicals.
The difficulty of situation is that there are no leaders of this protests - the ones Lukashenko could sit at the negotiation table with. Except for that dumb woman Tikhanovskaya, who ( once in Lithuania) already changed the tune and is calling people to come out for strikes, protests and so on.

So from what "Strana UA" is saying, things Belorussians DO WANT "like in Ukraine" is the alternation of power, and right to the peaceful protests.
Things they DON'T want like in Ukraine are poverty, devastation, nationalism, corruption and broken ties with Russia.

To which of course Ukrainians ( well O. Medvedeva in this case) explain that "alternation of power" doesn't mean anything in Ukraine, since the country is under the foreign control and no matter Poroshenko or Zelensky - both are doing what their Western overlords are telling them to do. And this external control, this dictatorship is something that Ukrainians can't get rid of.

Therefore even the "peaceful protests" can be afforded by the Nationalists only, that support current situation in the country; the rest will be simply beaten up by them ( and police will back them up - we already know that much.) So even this right is basically worthless.

But I digress, since further on Ukrainians explain to Belorussians what their life looks like after Maidan and warn Belorussians over and over again.

Particularly the workers of big factories; "What are you going to do, when your factories are going to be privatized, downsized or closed?"
(We already know that in Ukraine all these people were sent to work in Poland to pick the strawberries for pennies and for other menial/agricultural jobs.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZBzaFmd50

Last edited by erasure; 08-14-2020 at 01:27 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 12:52 PM

I have no doubt you're correct Erasure. Belarussias future looks bleak considering history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe