Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 05:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Here is a promise of more money and better health care, just give me rule for life. That hasn't worked out well since Louis the XIV reign. It's always a brighter future in Russia if they can just muddle through their current troubles.
So what if he drops dead in the Kremlin. And in Russia it works apparently because Russians are better of today than they have ever been in their history. Putin has made a huge mark in this worlds history too. There's no world leader in my lifetime with a legacy like his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 05:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
When I looked into it, it seems that the major difference is the question ( or rather the amendment added to Constitution now ) is not only that the free health care must be guaranteed, but the ACCESSIBILITY to it must be guaranteed too.
That's going to be a problem in a place like Russia. Population density alone dictates that. It's just not doable when people are so spread out.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:36 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That's going to be a problem in a place like Russia. Population density alone dictates that. It's just not doable when people are so spread out.

It was doable back in Soviet time, with bigger population. ( They've ALL used to have some kind of doctor's office in smaller places.)

It's still doable now, when population has shrunk, particularly in rural areas.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:08 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^
[i]

The most important amendments in Constitution that Russians voted for, ( the ones getting the most support) were the following;

Social ( availability of quality health care for everyone) - 95%

The protection of citizens beliefs ( convictions) - the protection of historic truth ( this refers to the WWII) - 89%

The protection of sovereignty of the country - 88%

Political ( the same individual can't be a Senator and a deputy of the State Duma simultaneously) - 67%.

So now you know the priorities of the Russian people.

Now where ( how high on the priorities list) the amendment allowing change of presidential terms stands - I have no idea.
Add to this:
- a ban on the President, Duma deputies, senators to have dual citizenship or residence permit of a foreign country, as well as accounts in foreign banks outside of Russia.
- prohibition of alienation of territories of the Russian Federation.
- the provision that marriage is a Union of a man and a woman (in fact, prohibition of same-sex marriage).

with a full list of amendments can be found here:
http://duma.gov.ru/media/files/WRg3w...84pI0ppmjF.pdf

Old 07-02-2020, 09:32 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So what if he drops dead in the Kremlin. And in Russia it works apparently because Russians are better of today than they have ever been in their history. Putin has made a huge mark in this worlds history too. There's no world leader in my lifetime with a legacy like his.
What is working? Every country is better off than it was in the 90s, or anytime in history (depends on how you measure). This doesn't prove anything. Russia is wayyy underperforming Eastern Europe post 90s. But due to lack of accountability, criminals keep robbing half of Russia's wealth instead of reforming the country. He makes up for it with propaganda and appealing to the Russian soul. The economy has been stagnant since 2008 even before the current crisis. Come on man, minimum wage fell below $200 a month...pensions are just as bad. You almost have to steal or cheat to get a decent life there unless you are connected or very lucky.

Nobody is going to turn around the health clinics and hospitals which closed there. No money.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:54 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
What is working? Every country is better off than it was in the 90s, or anytime in history (depends on how you measure). This doesn't prove anything. Russia is wayyy underperforming Eastern Europe post 90s. But due to lack of accountability, criminals keep robbing half of Russia's wealth instead of reforming the country. He makes up for it with propaganda and appealing to the Russian soul. The economy has been stagnant since 2008 even before the current crisis. Come on man, minimum wage fell below $200 a month...pensions are just as bad. You almost have to steal or cheat to get a decent life there unless you are connected or very lucky.

Nobody is going to turn around the health clinics and hospitals which closed there. No money.

An American out of all people being concerned about inadequate pensions in Russia?

Amazing.

"Among those closer to retirement, 17% of people aged 45 to 59 report a complete lack of retirement savings and that figure is 13% for those aged 60+. When it comes to self-assessed preparedness for retirement by age, less than half of people aged 60 and over think that their savings are on track. Unsurprisingly, younger Americans are even more pessimistic, with only 42% of people aged 45-59 and 35% of those aged 30-44 feeling prepared."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#57ea7b43ebf5

The only place where pensions were GUARANTEED for all working people ( for women at 55, for men at... 60?) was the Soviet Union of the 60-70ies.
And healthcare?
Do I need to comment on situation with that one in the US?

But keep on painting situation in Russia with the darkest colors possible.
I know the Nazi in Ukraine live by a dream that Russia is going to collapse any day now.. any week.. any month.. any year.

And there will be long-waited victory of the "good" over "evil."

That's the plan

Old 07-02-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:

I hope you are aware that there is a so-called "BigMac Index", which shows the undervaluation and overvaluation of currencies. So, the cost of a BigMac in the US is $5.67 approximately, and in Russia 135rub. (about $1.9 at the current exchange rate). Based on this, the ruble is a highly undervalued currency. And the exchange rate is kept low for obvious economic reasons. Thus, if the ruble was fully valued, the dollar exchange rate would be 135/5.67=23.81rub.
Let's count how many BigMacs you and I can buy for $ 100?
You can buy 100/5.67=17, and I can buy 100/1, 9=52.
Accordingly, if you recalculate the minimum salary according to the Bigmac index,it will no longer be $ 173, as it is now, but $509. This amount is also not amazing, but it does not look so depressing already.

Last edited by Zimogor; 07-02-2020 at 11:15 PM..

Old 07-02-2020, 11:21 PM

By the way, about crime and everything else..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zeqOcvcDIA

Old 07-03-2020, 04:53 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here Russians.

You need to know the new ( or old) bright ideas of this fruitcake Victoria Nuland, that helped to stir all crap in Ukraine and still can't sleep well, until she "pins Putin."
Why?

Who knows.

Pinning Down Putin

Sorry, I was offline. Nuland has an interesting biography. She has Russian roots, knows Russian, worked as a pioneer leader and translator on a fishing vessel (I'm sure she knows how to swear perfectly Russian). She worked in 1991-1993 in Moscow. Professional politician in support of coups d'etat. Probably going to work in Hong Kong soon.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:38 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Sorry, I was offline. Nuland has an interesting biography. She has Russian roots, knows Russian, worked as a pioneer leader and translator on a fishing vessel (I'm sure she knows how to swear perfectly Russian). She worked in 1991-1993 in Moscow. Professional politician in support of coups d'etat. Probably going to work in Hong Kong soon.

= state coups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe