Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 10:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
This is not a great article, this is stupid propaganda. If you love this, then you don’t understand anything about Russia.
How do you know if you did not read it? Or you read it in 2 minutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 11:11 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I know, even if I have no clue what the article is about. If you liked it - it is obviously a propaganda article.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:21 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:

I think it takes only 2 minutes to come to this particular line -

"They should also resist Putin’s attempts to cut off his population from the outside world and speak directly to the Russian people about the benefits of working together and the price they have paid for Putin’s hard turn away from liberalism"

and any Russian in the right mind will not "have any strength" to go any further.

DKM, are you even aware that the word "liberalism" ( well, slightly tweaked) serves practically as an expletive in Russian?

Old 06-24-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
So is Russia doing fairly well these days? How is it especially in regards to its economy?
Depends who you are comparing to.
Russia production:

USA production:

Germany production:

France production:

UK production:

Italy production:

Japan production:

Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
I read it. As Maksim said, this article is a little more than completely made up of speculation, lies and propaganda. The United States to come to terms with the idea that the methods of coercion in Russia will not be able to change anything, whether Putin or someone else is in power.

If earlier the glossy image of America's, which was poured into our brains through Hollywood and other media, still somehow worked and people poured from Russia to the United States, then in the light of current events taking place in the United States and in the world, the myth of America's greatness collapsed. And now very few people are want to move to the United States. And some even go back to Russia. Actions of US, on the contrary, unite the people around Putin. Yes, there are many people who do not support him, but looking at the actions and statements of the United States in relation to Russia, they choose the lesser of two evils. And only all sorts of pseudo-liberals are ready to sell their native mother, but to curry favor with America.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I read it. As Maksim said, this article is a little more than completely made up of speculation, lies and propaganda. The United States to come to terms with the idea that the methods of coercion in Russia will not be able to change anything, whether Putin or someone else is in power.

If earlier the glossy image of America's, which was poured into our brains through Hollywood and other media, still somehow worked and people poured from Russia to the United States, then in the light of current events taking place in the United States and in the world, the myth of America's greatness collapsed. And now very few people are want to move to the United States. And some even go back to Russia. Actions of US, on the contrary, unite the people around Putin. Yes, there are many people who do not support him, but looking at the actions and statements of the United States in relation to Russia, they choose the lesser of two evils. And only all sorts of pseudo-liberals are ready to sell their native mother, but to curry favor with America.

Actually, this would be me.
NORMALLY I should be in the "liberals" camp.

But by some miracle, I am not.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

That's because you probably can do something useful, unlike pseudo libs.

Old 06-25-2020, 12:04 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Well, to be like our "liberal" you must believe that Russia should look like this:

or in the worst case like this:

Old 06-25-2020, 12:15 AM

^
That's... too advanced for my understanding...
(Both of them)

Old 06-25-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
That's because you probably can do something useful, unlike pseudo libs.

To be honest I don't feel particularly useful, other than lecturing DKM here)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe