Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2022, 08:18 PM

2,396 posts, read 1,065,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I'm sure even western allies made a note to self, this can happen to any country that opposes the US.

Afghanistan people's money got confiscated. Think twice before depositing money in the US.
Says the rich doctor living off the fat of the land in Orange County, California no less,
that's rich coming from you

I bet you have your stash of money in greenbacks DrPibbs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 08:22 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Says the rich doctor living off the fat of the land in Orange County, California no less,
that's rich coming from you

I bet you have your stash of money in greenbacks DrPibbs...
Leave me alone. Stop attacking me. Don't start imagining things about me and becoming obsessed. Stop following me around the site. Just stop.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM

2,396 posts, read 1,065,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Leave me alone. Stop attacking me. Don't start imagining things about me and becoming obsessed. Stop following me around the site. Just stop.
I'm not attacking you....but you are pi$$ing on the US dollar
and you are living in the USA ...enjoying all the advantages of living in the USA,
getting paid in US dollars.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:14 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Lol....you used to appear intelligent and it was interesting to spar with you online. It is so sad to what has become of you. You have dehumanized the Ukrainian people by calling them backward. It makes it easier for you to watch them get murdered by your country

Now you a play make-believe game about Russians not targeting civilians. Nobody believes you. You sold your credibility out to Putin.

Huh?
"Sparring" with me?

Who are you, do I know you?

And no, I do not "dehumanizing Ukrainians," I am looking down on their nationalists.

THAT I do.

And of course Russians are not "targeting children."
While you like to whip the anti-Russian hysteria, but I remain logical, and from logical point of view I understand what's in Russian interests and what's not.
Killing Ukrainian civilians does not make any sense for the Russians.

However ACCUSING Russians of it on the international scene, does.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:25 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Huh?
"Sparring" with me?

Who are you, do I know you?

And no, I do not "dehumanizing Ukrainians," I am looking down on their nationalists.

THAT I do.

And of course Russians are not "targeting children."
While you like to whip the anti-Russian hysteria, but I remain logical, and from logical point of view I understand what's in Russian interests and what's not.
Killing Ukrainian civilians does not make any sense for the Russians.

However ACCUSING Russians of it on the international scene, does.
Let's stick with facts, then, vs. Russian propoganda.

A record 41 other states have asked the International Criminal Court (ICC) to formally investigate crimes committed inside Ukraine because there is a "reasonable basis" to believe that Russian forces are committing war crimes.

The presidents, prime ministers, defense officials, military commanders, and staff officers who have been brought to book represent a litany of infamy. Defendants included Slobodan Milošević, former Liberian President Charles Taylor, former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, former Rwandan Prime Minister Jean Kambanda, former Rwandan General Augustin Bizimungu -- and many others.

Good company for Putin.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:06 PM

And now - back to the video.

Now in the previous video people that escaped from Mariupol were already in the shelter in the DNR.

One woman already said that Azov was shooting people when they were looting the stores, looking for food.

These few lucky people in the video below that escaped from Mariupol, are heading to the city of Zaporozhie, it looks, i.e. not in the direction of the DNR, but Ukraine.

The first two couples are definitely NOT happy to see the Russians or to give them interview.

(This is the reason I like to watch Youtube, since I can see first hand what people are like - what they say, how they act. That's something that no propaganda can arrange.)
The first man, when asked "How people are escaping from town?" responded "They risk their lives. I can't say any more. No more comments."
The second man, when asked "How did you manage to get out of Mariupol, since from what we've heard it's impossible to get out of there," responds with the same phrase "We took the risk of losing our lives. It was a miracle. I just scrambled my family, and we went ahead. Shooting or not, but I decided we should go ahead. ( His wife; "We were not too keen to die from hunger and cold in the city."
The man; "No food, no heat, there is nothing left there. All our belongings are burned back there, all we have left is this car. We had no communications, no internet, so we have no idea who is here or there... who is in charge ( of the city.) So we don't know a thing."

The next younger couple is more relaxed, more understanding, so the interviewer is trying to get more information from them.

"We got out of Mariupol - it's the hell there.

We learned by pure luck today that there was some corridor out of Mariupol, around.. through the sea..
The interviewer; "So from what I understand it's not some officially established corridor? Some small passage, the way out?

-No it's not an established corridor. It's just some man knew about this rout, - he was with those guys we stayed in the shelter with... he said that there was supposedly the road there, so... We couldn't wait any longer in that situation. So we jumped out thanks lord.

See, we didn't have any ways of getting information, or communication, or electricity, or satellites - nothing. Everything was on the level of rumors only. For example we've heard that there was no chance to get out from Mariupol through the rout leading to Zaporozhie. They were saying that there were three cars that tried to get out of town that way, in that direction, and they were shot at. But that was just a rumor, a word of mouth."
The question is missing here, but you can deduce it from their response;
-Yes, yes, everyone. Everyone except for old people may be that can't move or the die hard people that were not ready to leave their property behind, would evacuate. I think 80-90 percent of people would leave the city, if the escape corridor would be provided for us.

- They say that Ukrainian military equipment is placed right in the residential areas, is it true?

- Yes. ( Both man and wife are nodding their heads.) Unfortunately it's true. As soon as we'd see the military vehicles we were trying to move out of there. We.. the other men... we were mostly fathers, as you can see I have my young children with me here...We were trying to leave, and so that our wives wouldn't be outside too..But you can't do much, when you are just a civilian.

-So how about the authorities in town?

- We don't know. We didn't see anyone.

-So people we abandoned to fend for themselves?
-Well... basically yes. If before you could see some municipal vehicles, at least some presence of authorities, then there was nothing.... "

So here is your answer, right there, whether you like it or not.

These are the reasons why there are so many civilian casualties in Mariupol.

So remember that, before proceeding with the next bout of tantrums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW9G9hpXG-Q&t=3s

Last edited by erasure; 03-15-2022 at 10:58 PM..

Old 03-15-2022, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Let's stick with facts, then, vs. Russian propoganda.

A record 41 other states have asked the International Criminal Court (ICC) to formally investigate crimes committed inside Ukraine because there is a "reasonable basis" to believe that Russian forces are committing war crimes.

The presidents, prime ministers, defense officials, military commanders, and staff officers who have been brought to book represent a litany of infamy. Defendants included Slobodan Milošević, former Liberian President Charles Taylor, former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, former Rwandan Prime Minister Jean Kambanda, former Rwandan General Augustin Bizimungu -- and many others.

Good company for Putin.

"Facts"?
He-he.

From your link -

"Soon after, Russia illegally annexed Crimea and backed separatists in conflict in eastern Ukraine. The long-running conflict between the Russian-backed separatists and Ukrainian forces in the Donbas had killed more than 14,000 people as of the start of this year."

The majority of those killed in Donbass "by the separatists" are... the separatists.

The rest are the civilian population of Donbass area, killed as the result of the criminal actions of the puppet government in Kiev, that unleashed the shelling/bombardment of the area, starting the civil war and christening it "Anti-Terrorist Operation."

So yes, let's stick with facts.

I understand that the *Western governments" would like to go the habitual rout, removing from power someone they find inconvenient, but I suspect it won't work out in Russia's case.

I think Russians have about 400 filed cases of the war crimes committed by those Nationalist Battalions in Donbass.

They are not stupid either - they were gathering the material all these years, all while the West was pretending that there was nothing going on in Eastern Ukraine, looking the other way, and covering up its puppet government.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:08 PM

12,427 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Russia has barred Canada's leaders, including its prime minister, from entering Russia! We all know how much people want to visit the warm, carefree country of Putinstan, right? A chance to play bribery roulette or to try extreme sports like police-dodging or to stay in its luxurious prisons? If you are really lucky you will be poisoned by the FSB and be granted a spontaneous travel leg to a German hospital!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rus...nand-1.6385573

Old 03-16-2022, 06:24 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Ukronazis are placing their weapons next to the apartment buildings and are shooting from those locations, targeting the triggered hysteria of people like you, when the Russians respond to the fire.

That's precisely the goal of the Ukronazi.
Ukranian's can put what they like where they like in THEIR OWN COUNTRY!!!
Russian's need to p*ss off back to their own country, they are murderer's!

Russian child killers!

Old 03-16-2022, 06:26 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
They are not stupid either - they were gathering the material all these years, all while the West was pretending that there was nothing going on in Eastern Ukraine, looking the other way, and covering up its puppet government.
This so-called "puppet government" clearly has the hearts and minds of the vast majority of Ukrainians. Meanwhile in Russia, even under State run (BS) media, people are ashamed of the war. Only the oldest, most loyal, most ill-informed Russians are in approval of this mess.

Zelensky's government is loved, Putin's is beaten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe