Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 12:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Yes, yes, I've heard that before. The Russians have to leave their land, we even wrote some nonsense for this.
Because Western colonialists need submissive and humiliated servants, not these obstinate Russians. Everything is as usual.
You sweet summer child, thanks for the mild amusement. The go-to reply when you have no valid rebuttal. The Russians have their own land and need to stop taking everyone else's. Don't worry, they will learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 12:12 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
The continued occupation of Crimea comes to mind.

I was referring to Easthome's "When was the last time Britain or the US annexed a separate country?"

Old 03-01-2022, 12:18 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,023,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You sweet summer child, thanks for the mild amusement. The go-to reply when you have no valid rebuttal. The Russians have their own land and need to stop taking everyone else's. Don't worry, they will learn.
Yeah, and London and Washington will decide exactly where the "foreign land" is. Of course, the best experts are there.))

Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And it will happen on Facebook or Twitter.Precisely!
I've heard that somewhere before.. Oh, yeah. Almost daily, since 2014 and even earlier.

Not repeat my stance over and over but...: I hate nato/eu/american bs but I also hate the Russian imperialism here. The reasoning "you killed our child, now we kill yours" will always escape me. Just replace Putin, he is no god. I am sure there are other politicians who can do the job even better without bending to western interests, it's a country of 140 million people after all...

Old 03-01-2022, 12:34 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
In 2003 Britain and the U.S. most certainly invaded another country in order to install a friendly government replacing an unfriendly previous one. The fact they left after a decade (and without really having succeeded in achieving their objective) and the fact that the country in question is too far away to annex don't really make it any better.

I am in fact inclined to think that the fact the country in question - Iraq - really has nothing at all to do with Britain or America actually makes it kinda worse than Russia meddling in the affairs of their 'small brother' next door. After all, one could be inclined to compare Russia's relationship with the Ukraine to Britain's relationship with Ireland where to this day there is a British presence justified by the desire of a part of Ireland's population desiring to be part of the UK.

That alone - never mind a legacy of hundreds of years of British colonial aggression - should keep anyone from Britain from uttering the phrase "Get out of somebody else's country!" except in jest.
What has that got to do with the Ukraine in 2022? The Romans invaded almost every country in Europe but what has that got to do with Ukraine in 2022? Get out of the Ukraine, you are murdering women and children NOW, Russia is the pariah of the world, Putin is living in the 19th Century, he is trying to take over a separate sovereign state, it is NOT the year 1830, he is an evil baby murdering coward. Everybody on the planet knows it no matter how hard Russian 'bots'' work, just how stupid are Russian authorities!?

Old 03-01-2022, 12:46 PM

6,811 posts, read 4,246,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What has that got to do with the Ukraine in 2022? The Romans invaded almost every country in Europe but what has that got to do with Ukraine in 2022? Get out of the Ukraine, you are murdering women and children NOW, Russia is the pariah of the world, Putin is living in the 19th Century, he is trying to take over a separate sovereign state, it is NOT the year 1830, he is an evil baby murdering coward. Everybody on the planet knows it no matter how hard Russian 'bots'' work, just how stupid are Russian authorities!?

Who is talking about 1830? I am talking about 2003. I was a college kid then. I remember the day when the bombs started falling on Baghdad very well. I remember thinking "oh man those idiots have really done it!".

That's this century. You were alive then. Did you vote for Tony Blair? There's people - not just a few - working today in the MOD or in the FCO who were working there back then. Same as there's plenty of people lurking around D.C. who had something to say back then, too. In fact, the current President - I'm pretty sure - voted for that war!

It's not Whataboutism, it's holding people accountable and pointing out hypocrisy when it stares you in the face.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:50 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,330,165 times
The New Russians POV https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...aine-sanctions

Old 03-01-2022, 12:55 PM

383 posts, read 343,585 times
Meanwhile buckwheat is now twice more expencive, cars much more expencive, no electronics in stores al all, no ways to spend vacations anywhere due to closing airspace, 120 rub for 1 bucks etc. Thank you mr Putin, our great dictaror. We haven`t been asked if we want war or not. Althoght many people here support engaging our army to Ukraine and they feel proud by this. We call them "cotton wool" because they don`t have a brain but only wool inside the head. They happy to live in a poverty thinking that is better to live in a proudly poverty, looking for virtual enemy, than to live in wealth. I feel hopelessness. There is no way to break the chains and left this place.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:00 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Meanwhile buckwheat is now twice more expencive, cars much more expencive, no electronics in stores al all, no ways to spend vacations anywhere due to closing airspace, 120 rub for 1 bucks etc. Thank you mr Putin, our great dictaror. We haven`t been asked if we want war or not. Althoght many people here support engaging our army to Ukraine and they feel proud by this. We call them "cotton wool" because they don`t have a brain but only wool inside the head. They happy to live in a poverty thinking that is better to live in a proudly poverty, looking for virtual enemy, than to live in wealth. I feel hopelessness. There is no way to break the chains and left this place.
Are you a REAL genuine Russian poster!!? How did you get past the censors!? It is very hard when you have a maniac despot in charge, somebody from within his 'inner circle' needs to get a grip, the Russians that are demonstrating on the streets of Russia are brave, the police in Russia need to refuse to arrest them.

Last edited by easthome; 03-01-2022 at 01:23 PM..

Old 03-01-2022, 01:18 PM

383 posts, read 343,585 times
Yes i'm originally from Czech republic but for a long time live and work here in Moscow (Russian citizen). Recently i`ve been informed that we aren`t supposed to comment any antirussian. Magic eye is watching for us. Tomorrow i should have been in my vacations but...my eployer licked Putin`s ass and cancelled all vacations during the war. Now we`re into the jail called Russia. You can`t decice anything here. All decided for you. Just sit down, swich on TV and watch all fake news that pouring into your ears from there.
I`ve become triple more poor just for a week loosing most of my money in stocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe