Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 09:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. What I don't understand in this whole story, is why Great Britain for example so concerned with "Putin's gas"?
I thought that Western Europe was never receiving its gas supply from Russia?
(Just Germany and "Central European countries.")

So why France/Italy or Spain for this matter are affected by this crisis?
These high prices are not just affecting Europeans, it's world wide. China is scrambling to get enough into storage for winters high demand as is a lot of other countries.

There's also the shipping problem. There's only so many LNG tankers in the world and they take the goods to who payed for it in the order received. I heard 3 weeks ago a large part of the fleet was headed for East Asia, most to China. They have most likely off loaded their cargo and are headed back to pick up more but if you do the math it's going to be hard to get everyone what they ordered in a timely manner.

World logistics are stretched to the limit.

The EU also decided to avoid long term contracts and go with speculation in the energy markets as we have already noted. Stupid move. Now they want to drag their feet yet again on NS2. Ukraine will be used to transit gas this winter, next winter?

https://www.rt.com/russia/536834-mer...ussian-policy/

A lot of EU countries will be signing contracts with Gazprom next summer. The gas will be delivered via Turkstream and NS2. Not through Ukraines system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 10:11 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
These high prices are not just affecting Europeans, it's world wide. China is scrambling to get enough into storage for winters high demand as is a lot of other countries.

There's also the shipping problem. There's only so many LNG tankers in the world and they take the goods to who payed for it in the order received. I heard 3 weeks ago a large part of the fleet was headed for East Asia, most to China. They have most likely off loaded their cargo and are headed back to pick up more but if you do the math it's going to be hard to get everyone what they ordered in a timely manner.

World logistics are stretched to the limit.

The EU also decided to avoid long term contracts and go with speculation in the energy markets as we have already noted. Stupid move. Now they want to drag their feet yet again on NS2. Ukraine will be used to transit gas this winter, next winter?

https://www.rt.com/russia/536834-mer...ussian-policy/

A lot of EU countries will be signing contracts with Gazprom next summer. The gas will be delivered via Turkstream and NS2. Not through Ukraines system.

OK, then can it be that this sudden world crisis comes as the result of switching to the "green energy" which simply is inefficient and doesn't produce as much as it was expected?

Why this crisis came all of a sudden now?
Everyone had enough of energy supplies before.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:28 AM

P.S. OK, Russians are naming names at this point.

Some Andris Piebalgs, the Energy Commissioner of EU is apparently the genius author of the "buying gas on spot" instead of buying it from Russia on a contract as it used to be.

A LATVIAN.
Need I say more?
Of course the speculators stepped in, the sharks as usual.

So the result of this genius decision is that 80 million of EU citizens can't afford heating this winter at the current price of gas.

That's what Russians are reporting on 60 minutes.

So Putin promised to supply EU more gas today via Ukraine ( more than it's currently supplying according to the contract.) (His concern though is the old Ukrainian pipe, that hasn't been repaired/properly maintained in years. That it can simply blow up.)

The price dropped after that, but it's still hovering around $900, which is three times higher than it should.

So no, it's all of course the artificially created crisis, not a "natural one" as I already suspected.

They ( in EU) used up the old gas for cheap that was still in the storages after the winter, for the boost of the post-covid economy.

But at the same time, they didn't sign the new contracts with Russia, moving to "buying it on spot" strategy, and that's the result.

What geniuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSco3zyJgGs

In other news;
After all the whining of Zelensky, asking for the meeting with Putin, Kremlin sent Kiev a letter, with an offer to reinstate diplomatic relations, (to bring both ambassadors back,) to negotiate the flow of gas to Ukraine this winter for the Ukrainians and so on. So Zelensky was invited to Kremlin.

Nope, Crimea, and only Crimes.

He demands it back, and without it - no negotiations, even if the whole of Ukraine will freeze to death.

So no meeting in Kremlin.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
OK, then can it be that this sudden world crisis comes as the result of switching to the "green energy" which simply is inefficient and doesn't produce as much as it was expected?
Green energy is not up to the rigors of energy demand in modern society. No matter how hard the proponents of it wish, it will not be so for a long time to come and perhaps it will never be able to keep up with the technology we have. Wind and sunlight have their limits currently and the earths atmosphere is fickle at the best of times. There's also shortages of rare earth minerals to make solar cells and other components to expand these new green power systems making the costs go far higher than even the recent past.

Nuclear is the way to go if we want to solve the problems but we know that will fly like a ton of bricks.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Some Andris Piebalgs, the Energy Commissioner of EU is apparently the genius author of the "buying gas on spot" instead of buying it from Russia on a contract as it used to be.

A LATVIAN.
Need I say more?
Of course the speculators stepped in, the sharks as usual.
I've heard of the shady deals that go on throughout the Baltic States. Russian mafia, corrupt politicians love to run their money through them. Without Russias dirty money they would have nothing.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:52 PM

419 posts, read 342,280 times
What do Russians think of Poland and Czechia?

Old 10-08-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I've heard of the shady deals that go on throughout the Baltic States. Russian mafia, corrupt politicians love to run their money through them. Without Russias dirty money they would have nothing.

Lithuania to be precise - that's the place through which all those shady deals were made ( and this goes to both Russian and Ukrainian mafias.)

At least that's what it used to be; don't know whether EU managed to force Lithuanian banking system to *clean its act."

P.S. My point being - it's never a good idea to put the nationals of certain Eastern European countries in charge of decisions on international level, where Russia is involved.

Because at the back of their mind it will be always about an idea to hurt the Russian interests first and utmost, the rest comes secondary.

Which might backfire big time on a grand scale as the result of it.

Like, say, with this case of the current skyrocketing gas prices.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:25 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannis View Post

These are beautiful countries with a complex history. Or what do you want to hear?

Old 10-08-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannis View Post

From what I see on-line, Russians are highly contemptuous of Polish government and its actions.

The jokes that are coming in that direction are highly acidic and diminishing.
However when it comes to the personal level ( the videos I saw made by Russians in Poland,) - that's a whole different story. There is a mutual acknowledgement that there is much more in common between these two ( the Russians and the Poles,) than the differences. So basically on personal level the relations are very friendly.

When it comes to Czechia, I think Russians for the most part used to go "Czechia who?," except for the people that traveled there for business or moved to live there ( they report on Youtube too.)

So Czechia stayed pretty irrelevant to Russians, until it came up lately with some hostile actions towards Russia.

And that raised some brows among the average Russians I think.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:44 PM

I am ready to explode.

Something I came across now among other news on current energy crisis, namely - the ADVERSE EFFECT of the so-called "green energy," in this case - specifically wind turbines.

Even if I'll disregard the health complaints of people that live close to these installations that I heard on this show segment, what I am discovering now, is that this sh*t ( wind energy installations,) kill about 900, 000 bats and 500,000 birds per year. &^%8!!! ( That's according to American calculations - Russians are simply reporting it.)

Question - are they making it up?

I am checking, and lo and behold - yes, here it is:

https://abcbirds.org/blog21/wind-turbine-mortality/

"It is unfortunate then that wind energy has its own dark side: thousands of birds and bats are killed annually by wind turbines. Causes of death include collision and barotrauma—internal injuries caused by exposure to rapid pressure changes near the trailing edges of moving blades.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service estimates that between 140,000 and 500,000 bird deaths occur at wind farms each year. The most significant threat is posed to species of large, threatened and high-conservation-value birds such as golden and bald eagles, burrowing owls, red-tailed and Swainson’s hawks, peregrine and prairie falcons, American kestrels and white-tailed kites. Since large birds have much lower reproductive rates than small birds (golden eagles, for example, have just one or two chicks in a brood less than once a year), their deaths have a far greater impact on the overall population of the species."

https://www.evwind.es/2020/10/01/the...turbines/77477

So the info is available on American/Western sites as well, it's just none of the "Greens" are talking about it apparently.

Those underground critters ( along with the worms) are migrating all together form these lands, which breaks the ecological chain.

The greta thunbergs of this world are a curse in disguise then in their own way, and big mouth idiots; so much for their "green solutions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kadcr-q_KlQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe