Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2021, 07:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
You've just confirmed what I've suspected.
I will pat myself on the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 11:38 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,566,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I will pat myself on the back.
With a pickaxe.......

Old 09-24-2021, 01:13 PM

I use those for back scratchers.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:06 AM

Interesting. Corruption is everywhere.

https://smolnarod.ru/sn/scandals/gla...hebnyj-podlog/

Old 09-25-2021, 09:57 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Interesting. Corruption is everywhere.

https://smolnarod.ru/sn/scandals/gla...hebnyj-podlog/

Mhm.

As I've said.
The magic word "contractor" is again in the picture. They don't use the anglicized "contractor" here, but the original Russian word for it "подрÑдчик" ( from the Russian "to sign up") but the meaning is still the same.

The government officials + "contractors" and you already know what's brewing from this formula and why.
And this is not the "Soviet corruption" - oh no.

It's the typical capitalist corruption in Russia now.

Not only that.
While looking at their most reliable site of the real estate for rent in Moscow, I've noticed that the "real estate agents" in charge of the property take from 50% to 75% commission for their services.

And that's who? The "middle man" that Russians hate.

So no wonder why the Communists are doing better and better with every election.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Mhm.

As I've said.
The magic word "contractor" is again in the picture. They don't use the anglicized "contractor" here, but the original Russian word for it "подрÑдчик" ( from the Russian "to sign up") but the meaning is still the same.

The government officials + "contractors" and you already know what's brewing from this formula and why.
And this is not the "Soviet corruption" - oh no.

It's the typical capitalist corruption in Russia now.

Not only that.
While looking at their most reliable site of the real estate for rent in Moscow, I've noticed that the "real estate agents" in charge of the property take from 50% to 75% commission for their services.

And that's who? The "middle man" that Russians hate.

So no wonder why the Communists are doing better and better with every election.
Quote:
I've noticed that the "real estate agents" in charge of the property take from 50% to 75% commission for their services.
And just what services do they provide? Advertising? Networking with other agents to get the best results in tenants?

Isn't there another way to get around those guys?

I don't like middlemen at all either.

In the article I posted I noted the casual manner in which the lady and the other people involved simply seemed to ignore the law, it's not the only time I have seen this in my perusing their news.

The Seattle Port Authority is one of the worst in the US it is said. Some years ago the CFO was brought up on charges of fraud and embezzlement in collusion with a contractor and the script was almost identical to what that woman did. The theft of funds was simply on a bigger scale. The guy got off on technicalities and failed up ffs. He was last a director in the Army Corp of Engineers in DC from what I heard.

You recently stated that you could start wondering about me when it comes to crime and punishment. I'll state again. I'm all for public canings and the removal of fingers for petty crimes and I can add to that the stretching of necks of corrupt government officials too. I'll build the scaffolds myself.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
And just what services do they provide? Advertising? Networking with other agents to get the best results in tenants?

Isn't there another way to get around those guys?

I don't like middlemen at all either.

In the article I posted I noted the casual manner in which the lady and the other people involved simply seemed to ignore the law, it's not the only time I have seen this in my perusing their news.

The Seattle Port Authority is one of the worst in the US it is said. Some years ago the CFO was brought up on charges of fraud and embezzlement in collusion with a contractor and the script was almost identical to what that woman did. The theft of funds was simply on a bigger scale. The guy got off on technicalities and failed up ffs. He was last a director in the Army Corp of Engineers in DC from what I heard.

You recently stated that you could start wondering about me when it comes to crime and punishment. I'll state again. I'm all for public canings and the removal of fingers for petty crimes and I can add to that the stretching of necks of corrupt government officials too. I'll build the scaffolds myself.

Kinda.

It seems that they are literally screening the potential tenants, because I see on some ads ( left by the owners of the property "Slavs only.")
AND they screen the owners of the property too ( how reliable the property is.)

At least that's what my assumptions are.

Old 09-26-2021, 05:59 PM

Russia is escalating the battle in Idlib province. There's a summit or something coming up in Sochi. Turkey is deploying more troops. Game of Thrones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnbfcL

Old 09-26-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Kinda.

It seems that they are literally screening the potential tenants, because I see on some ads ( left by the owners of the property "Slavs only.")
AND they screen the owners of the property too ( how reliable the property is.)

At least that's what my assumptions are.
Seems pretty fast and loose to me. I renting anywhere has to be a headache for all concerned. I question just what the landlords are paying for anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1l_dFNWhPs&t=655s

Old 09-26-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Seems pretty fast and loose to me. I renting anywhere has to be a headache for all concerned. I question just what the landlords are paying for anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1l_dFNWhPs&t=655s

Love the look of the apartment he is in ( the older ones, they look pretty close to what you see in older parts of Moscow.) Those thick walls, the high ceilings, spacious rooms and the wooden floors. Just great. (Minus the furniture of course - it looks bulky.)

That heating thing he is describing - I vaguely remember seeing it somewhere in my early childhood in Moscow.

Or may be I saw it in St. Pet actually, while visiting friends.

But anyway, I am not sure what St. Pet is in this respect, but this is what I see on Moscow's renting site -

( that's in rub. per month.)

(Don't care for the look of the new appartments ( in newer buildings) AT ALL.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe