Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 08:23 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,324,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
thanks for the music videos, some interesting stuff there, I have to be honest I don't like rap music at all, good stuff but just not my thing. Does Russia have any two tone bands? They're a bit 'dated' now of course but its a music genre I like, its not the only genre I like though, I like all sorts of stuff from the Stones to Amy Whinehouse and lots of the 'inbetweens'.
Two tone bands! What are your recommendations.

This is more old school, but more familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QptZ8tYZAkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asGMXouspx4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 08:49 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Probably because there are a lot of conspiracies flying around about the virus. That was a major problem in the United States as well, which, just like Russia is full of people who believe and peddle conspiracy theories. That’s also the case with places like Brazil and India, and obviously to a lesser extent many other countries.

MWR...
Don't try to talk any common sense into him.
He is driven by hatred towards Russia as the rest of Ukrainian nationalists, so he can't think rationally.
I have to say I don't remember how things went exactly for UK with the first wave timewise, but I was watching Russia ( and China) closely in this respect, way earlier than Covid became a thing in the US.

So when it was already raging in China back in January of 2020, and the traffic kept on going on the Russian/Chinese border, it didn't affect Russians.

Not only that, the Russians evacuated from WUHAN out of all places, the whole plane of them, were not affected at all. Not a single person out of 50 or so was infected. ( They all stayed in quarantine for the next two weeks.)
But what hit Russians hard, is when they started returning from Europe to Moscow ( since these are the initial international gates of Russia.)
And from Moscow it started spreading in other regions, with people traveling from there.

So it was a different strand that affected them, not the original one in China.

And now this is yet another strand, that comes across as even more dangerous than the previous one.

So I am looking at two factors now;
That Russians are undervaccinated - that's a given. ( It looks like many of them think of Covid as some type of conspiracy ( I am not sure conspiracy of what kind.)
So the government started enforcing it now, and there was already a protest staged by certain fraction of the Communist party (I think I saw a report that about 1,000 people or so came out with that protest couple of days ago. The leader of that fraction is now kicked out from the party by Zuyganov I think.)

And the second concern - obviously, will the Sputnik V hold on against that new strand (with all the effort the government is putting now to vaccinate the population.)

And of course I am all worried now, whether this particular strand will hit the US as well.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:36 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Then how did Moscow get the indian variant? It wasn't from Europe this time...

Why worry about it hitting the US? Since we are better vaccinated, this isn't going to be some big deal here outside of a few areas. Deaths aren't rising here or in the UK even as the variant takes hold. Russia on the other hand, is a disaster.

They have had plenty of access to the vaccines for 6 months already. And still not even 15% vaccinated? That is the worst rate in the world (with enough supplies).

Why do 85% of Russians not trust their own vaccine? What is the purpose of Russia not allowing vaccines to be used that are approved by the EMA? To pretend theirs is better while people suffer and die needlessly?

Old 06-28-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Where did Australia get it from?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/28/austr...hnk/index.html

You have to see what countries Russia opened the borders with lately, because obviously the epicenter of this new infection is Moscow again.

Quote:
Why worry about it hitting the US? Since we are better vaccinated, this isn't going to be some big deal here outside of a few areas.
Because I don't see how this new strand will pass the US.

And "few areas?"

I hope the vaccine will hold against this new strand.

Quote:
Deaths aren't rising here or in the UK even as the variant takes hold. Russia on the other hand, is a disaster.

They have had plenty of access to the vaccines for 6 months already. And still not even 15% vaccinated? That is the worst rate in the world (with enough supplies).

Why do 85% of Russians not trust their own vaccine? What is the purpose of Russia not allowing vaccines to be used that are approved by the EMA? To pretend theirs is better while people suffer and die needlessly?
Who told you so?
Making things up as usual?

Old 06-29-2021, 10:14 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:

Why worry about it hitting the US? Since we are better vaccinated, this isn't going to be some big deal here outside of a few areas. Deaths aren't rising here or in the UK even as the variant takes hold. Russia on the other hand, is a disaster.

Drama queen. Most Russians take the same stance outlined by Tourist. They it seems they're just more independent minded types unlike the sheeple of America. It's a character trait quite evident for experienced people.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:49 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Because I don't see how this new strand will pass the US.

And "few areas?"
But we already know from Israel and the UK where the delta is hitting. It is not increasing deaths and hospitalizations in either country, unlike Russia which is still getting worse every day now. The difference is they are using more higher quality vaccines. We will be fine too, although some areas in the US are illiterate and have lower protection rates so they will continue to see it cause problems.

Quote:
Who told you so?
Making things up as usual?
Russians I know told me so. Everyone knows someone who already got a fake certificate there. You would know this too if you knew anyone in Moscow.

Why else would they not take it if they trust it? 85% refused the vaccine, that's a fact.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
But we already know from Israel and the UK where the delta is hitting. It is not increasing deaths and hospitalizations in either country, unlike Russia which is still getting worse every day now. The difference is they are using more higher quality vaccines. We will be fine too, although some areas in the US are illiterate and have lower protection rates so they will continue to see it cause problems.

But what is the percentage of the vaccination there?
Compare that to Russia.

Quote:
Russians I know told me so. Everyone knows someone who already got a fake certificate there. You would know this too if you knew anyone in Moscow.

Why else would they not take it if they trust it? 85% refused the vaccine, that's a fact.

Ukrainians *you know* are telling you a lot of things too.

But for the most part the information you get form them is wrong.
And it's not because *your friends* are lying you - no, it's because you deal with certain group of people in both countries that don't represent the wide spectrum of opinions.

Only certain kind of opinions, that's close to your own.

That's why I personally do not exactly rely on the info my friends ( in Moscow first of all) supply me with.

I am looking at the broader picture.
So no, to make the long story short - it's a lie that "85% of Russians refuse the Russian vaccine, because they don't trust it's quality."
I understand that you are still trying to insist that Americans were correct, when they prohibited Ukrainians to use Russian vaccine, while promising them to supply the "western" one, of the "highest quality" ( by what? 2024?) making people to die needlessly and depriving them of any choice.

But in Russia?
Now they are FORCED to vaccinate ( being scared of this new wave, or because they've been told to do so by the government.)
And the fact that the Communists ( out of all people) already staged the protest, is telling me that the picture is more complicated than I thought.
Because the Communists wouldn't stage the protest, demanding the "superior Western vaccine" over the Russian one.
*Highly unlikely.*

Old 06-29-2021, 03:04 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
Last 7 days compared to previous 7 days both cases and deaths are up in Russia and UK. Flat in Israel.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona.../#weekly_table

Old 06-29-2021, 03:29 PM
DKM

Quote:
But what is the percentage of the vaccination there?
Compare that to Russia.
4 times as much.

Every country that deployed mostly Sputnik vaccines has struggled with breakthrough infections.

Quote:
That's why I personally do not exactly rely on the info my friends ( in Moscow first of all) supply me with.
Oh yeah, ignore what Russians in Moscow say. Probably why I have different opinions of Russia than you is I do rely on Russians I know in and from Moscow. And my generation is not agreeing with you on a lot of things...

Quote:
I am looking at the broader picture.
So no, to make the long story short - it's a lie that "85% of Russians refuse the Russian vaccine, because they don't trust it's quality."
You have yet to offer a reason why 85% of them have not taken Sputnik. Its been available for over 6 months... If it is a "lie" then explain the reason they don't take it. I am told, by everyone I know there, nobody trusts it. Prove me/them wrong. Should be easy...

Quote:
I understand that you are still trying to insist that Americans were correct, when they prohibited Ukrainians to use Russian vaccine, while promising them to supply the "western" one, of the "highest quality" ( by what? 2024?) making people to die needlessly and depriving them of any choice.
Americans never did this. Ukraine decided to approve only vaccines that the EMA did. Just like nearly every country in the EU. You are making this about America because you can't stand a European aligned Ukraine.

You say Ukrainians are dying for not having the choice of Russian vaccines, but you deny Russians are dying due to not having the choice of Western vaccines. Yet Russia is the country where people are dying by a lot more right now.

You over estimate Ukrainian willingness to take the unapproved Russian vaccine over the EMA ones, without any evidence, as usual. Anyone I know in Ukraine (since you brought it up) who are getting vaccinated are doing it so they can travel to Europe this summer. Something they could not do with an unapproved vaccine like Sputnik.

Old 06-29-2021, 11:47 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
4 times as much.

Every country that deployed mostly Sputnik vaccines has struggled with breakthrough infections.

Oh yeah, ignore what Russians in Moscow say. Probably why I have different opinions of Russia than you is I do rely on Russians I know in and from Moscow. And my generation is not agreeing with you on a lot of things...

You have yet to offer a reason why 85% of them have not taken Sputnik. Its been available for over 6 months... If it is a "lie" then explain the reason they don't take it. I am told, by everyone I know there, nobody trusts it. Prove me/them wrong. Should be easy...

Americans never did this. Ukraine decided to approve only vaccines that the EMA did. Just like nearly every country in the EU. You are making this about America because you can't stand a European aligned Ukraine.

You say Ukrainians are dying for not having the choice of Russian vaccines, but you deny Russians are dying due to not having the choice of Western vaccines. Yet Russia is the country where people are dying by a lot more right now.

You over estimate Ukrainian willingness to take the unapproved Russian vaccine over the EMA ones, without any evidence, as usual. Anyone I know in Ukraine (since you brought it up) who are getting vaccinated are doing it so they can travel to Europe this summer. Something they could not do with an unapproved vaccine like Sputnik.

Yes, less than one percent of the population is vaccinated in Ukraine. So DKM, leave your nonsense.

Yes, and your poor, defeated and raped by the West Ukraine. here in Russia, no one needs it at all.
You look very funny when you write that we are so jealous of European Ukraine that we can't even sleep. Yes, yes. I wonder what kind of morons this argument is designed for?

Last edited by Turist; 06-30-2021 at 12:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe