Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 11:16 PM

827 posts, read 631,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I’m Russian speaking American from Ukraine. I feel horrible about whole situation, but am extremely happy Blitzkrieg didn’t work out. I don’t know what Putin was thinking, but even people who sympathized Russia in my Kharkov hate it now.

Strange russians on this forum told us the opposit. That the whole city is pro russian and deeply whish russian army came to save them from ulraiian neo nazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 11:24 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I’m Russian speaking American from Ukraine. I feel horrible about whole situation, but am extremely happy Blitzkrieg didn’t work out. I don’t know what Putin was thinking, but even people who sympathized Russia in my Kharkov hate it now.

In all honesty I DON'T understand this position, I don't understand "people who sympathized with Russia now hate it" - what this is all about.

Please, explain some more.

Old 02-25-2022, 11:31 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Strange russians on this forum told us the opposit. That the whole city is pro russian and deeply whish russian army came to save them from ulraiian neo nazi.

Where did anyone say it?
What I personally said was that Western media pretended that Kharkov by now is the Ukrainian-speaking city, while in reality it's still Russian-speaking.

As for the rest...
While with Donbass everything is pretty clear, it's not a case with the more "white collar" regions, next to Donbass.

As I already mentioned, a friend from Krivoy Rog responded to me yesterday that "We don't want the Nationalists here, but we are not thrilled with Putin either."

THIS I understand.
But this whole notion of "We sympathized Russia, but now we don't" - THIS I don't understand, sorry.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:55 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
The Western press is in its repertoire. Only fakes.

Bild caught spreading fakes discrediting Russia in Ukraine

The German publication Bild was convicted of spreading fakes discrediting Russia in a military special operation to denazify Ukraine.

Twitter users spotted two inconsistencies in Bild TV's report on the Russian special operation. In one case, the publication wrote: “Russia is bombing Ukraine”, providing the text with a video of an explosion allegedly taking place in Ukraine. However, the footage shows an explosion in the Chinese city of Tianjin in 2015. The second fake video was captioned: "Russian paratroopers are falling from the sky like hornets." However, the same scene can already be seen in a video released back in 2016.

As a result, Bild admitted that he used outdated video footage in his report.

“Yesterday, we made two mistakes during the live broadcast: in some posts, for a few seconds, you could see images of an explosion and paratroopers that were not related to the war,” the message says.

The videos have been removed from the network.

Already today, attentive Internet users have seen another juggling of the article by a Bild correspondent with the eloquent surname Schuler. The piece titled "Ukraine: Putin Shoots Civilians" was illustrated with a photo of a destroyed building, which the journalist captioned as "a block of flats near Kiev." However, it turned out that this house was destroyed in a gas explosion in 2018.

https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2022/02/...iyu-na-ukraine

No wonder your country is a dumpster with this attitude. Also the reason why you, Russia, always have been poor and always will be.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:59 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
No wonder your country is a dumpster with this attitude. Also the reason why you, Russia, always have been poor and always will be.

No wonder America doesn't even have its own language with that attitude, when you think your business is outside of all over the globe and not in your country than blame yourself for everything that started the decline of America: covid, Chinese economy, bitcoin vs dollar...need I say more? O yeah: Russia making fun of America in the past 2-3 days too, I forgot that.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:35 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You are deeply mistaken. This is a small step towards the revival of Russia as a truly world power whose opinion has to be taken into account .. She stops looking back at the West .. what if they don’t understand .. what if they condemn .. and now we are talking, shut up, we have our own interests and we will defend them, whether you like it or not .. The time has come, the West is in the process of final decay, Western society is turning into a biomass incapable of anything, for which 52 genders are more important than anything in the world .. more important than a woman to be called and be a woman , and for a man to be called and be a man .. The West has turned into non-binary personalities .. and this no longer poses any threat .. there is no single force that it once was ..

Old 02-26-2022, 01:49 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
You are deeply mistaken..

America just wants the "good old days of war criminal Harry Truman" and the likes. But so what, Italy wants the Roman Empire back too, and Mongolia Genghis Khan, can you blame them? Every country has its highs and lows, america is just too delusional to understand this.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:33 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
No wonder America doesn't even have its own language with that attitude, when you think your business is outside of all over the globe and not in your country than blame yourself for everything that started the decline of America: covid, Chinese economy, bitcoin vs dollar...need I say more? O yeah: Russia making fun of America in the past 2-3 days too, I forgot that.

It's pretty irrelevant what Russians think.

Quote:
You are deeply mistaken. This is a small step towards the revival of Russia as a truly world power whose opinion has to be taken into account .. She stops looking back at the West .. what if they don’t understand .. what if they condemn .. and now we are talking, shut up, we have our own interests and we will defend them, whether you like it or not .. The time has come, the West is in the process of final decay, Western society is turning into a biomass incapable of anything, for which 52 genders are more important than anything in the world .. more important than a woman to be called and be a woman , and for a man to be called and be a man .. The West has turned into non-binary personalities .. and this no longer poses any threat .. there is no single force that it once was ..

You also claimed you won WW2, after 28 million Russians were decimated. You are poor, you have a low GDP, worthless and declining currency, no high tech in the economy, brain drain, rapidly aging and shrinking population, very low birth rates for decades etc. You are unpopular and isolated in the world. Maybe some other 3 world countries are your friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
America just wants the "good old days of war criminal Harry Truman" and the likes. But so what, Italy wants the Roman Empire back too, and Mongolia Genghis Khan, can you blame them? Every country has its highs and lows, america is just too delusional to understand this.

The economic super power and most powerful country on this planet dosen't need anything "back".

https://russialist.org/one-russian-i...tinct-russias/

Quote:
According to a new report by Russia’s state statistical agency, Rosstat, 35 million Russians live in houses or apartments without indoor toilets, 47 million do not have hot water, 29 million don’t have any running water inside their residences, and 22 million do not have central heating (ehorussia.com/new/node/17679).
In fact, only 62.7 percent of the Russian population has the usual accoutrements of modern existence – water in the house, plumbing, heating and gas or electric ranges, Rosstat says, a fact that must seem incredible to those who visit only Moscow or St. Petersburg but a fact of life for those who lives beyond the ring roads of the capitals.

You guys still take a **** outside? Our dogs do that, too.

Old 02-26-2022, 04:09 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
That's how Western propaganda works.. And then we are accused of lying.. RKN says there is a fine for spreading false information.. if the information is not confirmed... that information should be checked before publication.. And believe me, these fakes, with the proper skill, are easily exposed..

What is it? What is the problem?
Comparing an evil, tyrannical despotic dictator threatening to bring destruction to the world with nuclear war to JK Rowling!

Old 02-26-2022, 04:26 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Comparing an evil, tyrannical despotic dictator threatening to bring destruction to the world with nuclear war to JK Rowling!
The thing is that you do not have the courage to express something in support of Rowling. Because you will be immediately hounded just as much as her ... You will simply be cut out of life .. blocked cards, fired from work .. you simply cease to exist .. And you know this very well ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe