Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 11:09 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Alex M with the latest on Russia/China alliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnNXHlOEgVY&t=2755s

i really still can't understand why the west and the US actually think they can interfere in this. It's fantasy. Politcians in the west are simply out of touch with reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 11:45 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
all that is a result of 'wise' politics of neocons, they made their enemies stronger.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:20 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
OMG.
More bad news.
Now that American troops are hastily withdrawing from Afghanistan leaving a lot of equipment behind, this equipment goes to Taliban, that is taking over the area.

Tajikistan is sending 20,000 troops to defend the border, where the Afghans are spreading.
The ultimate goal of Afghan Taliban is to establish the "Great Khalifat" on the territory of the Central Asian countries - that's what I hear.
Fun-fun-fun)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vhzuJLMnE

Varlamov dude was in Afghanistan recently, this is his report (with English subs - just skip some ad promotions here and there, ( even though the subjects from what I see can be interesting too.))

What a hell hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5qyIt5xPaU

Old 07-06-2021, 07:25 PM

"General Asadullah Kohistani told the BBC that the US left Bagram at 03:00 local time on Friday, and that the Afghan military found out hours later...

The Americans left behind about 3.5 million items, Gen Kohistani said, including tens of thousands of bottles of water, energy drinks and military ready-made meals, known as MREs. They also left behind thousands of civilian vehicles, without keys, and hundreds of armoured vehicles, the Associated Press reported.

They took heavy weapons with them and detonated some ammunition stocks, but left behind small weapons and ammunition for the Afghans, Gen Kohistani said...

...The late-night withdrawal by the US hands control of the base to a much less well-equipped force that could struggle to defend it from the Taliban, which has made swift advances in recent weeks across the country, seizing rural districts and surrounding some larger cities."

And the last but not least -

"About 1,000 Afghan soldiers fighting the Taliban in the north of the country fled over the border into Tajikistan on Monday, according to officials, raising fears over the military's ability to stave off further advances by the group."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57682290

OK, so from what I see now, the pressure is mounting on Tajikistan, which is a part of the ODKB agreement with Russia.

So I assume sooner or later Russia will have to react to all this mess, and THIS most likely will bring Iran ( and possibly India) to the table of negotiations.

Last edited by erasure; 07-06-2021 at 08:04 PM..

Old 07-07-2021, 11:27 PM

I think Russian anchor people had plenty to chuckle about, while keeping straight face on today's news.

Number one - the anti-LGBTE " Gay Pride" protest keeps on raging in Tblissi, Georgia second night in the row, and now the EU flag went down with it from their government building.

"So what happened here" innocently asks the newsman from Russian TV some Georgian rep., "how come the EU flag went down too?"

Georgian rep.: ( grinding his teeth, because he perfectly knows that Russians know what Georgian culture is all about); "I think the protesters went too far this time around.

But this doesn't change much, because we all know that our aspirations to join EU are not going to change, and EU needs us. It's just the EU should seriously think whether they really want to attach the LGBTE issues as the condition for entering EU."

Russian anchorman; "Right, right..."

Number two.

Belorussia's Lukashenko is accused by Lithuania in the greatly increased illegal immigration from the Middle East through Belorussian border to Lithuania.
It just happened to be so, that recently Lukashenko issued an order for the visa-free entrance to Belorussia for five days for some 75 countries.

- "And why would he do that?" thoughtfully asks the Russian anchorman some Belorussian rep on the air.
- "So that people from different countries could come to Belorussia to get a shot of Sputnik V.
Ukrainians for example, or people from other countries."

Russian anchorman; "Right, right, I understand now. And they accuse Lukashenko of bringing those illegal immigrants personally on his shoulders to Lithuanian border? That's what he said."
-No, they accuse Kremlin.
-Right, right....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgZ17Xb-wDI

Last edited by erasure; 07-08-2021 at 12:07 AM..

Old 07-08-2021, 02:09 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Yes, Afghanistan is a problem, of course.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:31 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Can't stand that one, as *trendy* and "up to date" as he is)))
It uses very deep bass, the sound frequencies are very well balanced. This is an interesting sound.

btw, DKM. You say that no one is interested in Russian music, but at the Berlin Music Video Awards 2021 second place in the category "Best Song" was taken by a Belgian-Russian song:

https://youtu.be/286jXjwdst0

And first place in the category "BEST MUSIC VIDEO"

https://youtu.be/ddnjNMv6-Ts

+upd: and a dozen more prizes in other categories. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY all 3 places from Russia.

Your wonderful world has crashed against reality again. )))

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 07-08-2021 at 02:58 PM..

Old 07-08-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, Afghanistan is a problem, of course.

I predict it will play in Putin's hands yet again.

With Americans gone out of there, it sets Russian military free to pound the area if need to be.

I see Russia is already bringing India on board, as I have guessed.

( But I am looking more in the unfolding situation all together.)

Old 07-08-2021, 04:04 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,420 times
A few photos of the new airport named after cosmonaut Alexey Leonov.

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/142253/

Old 07-08-2021, 06:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"General Asadullah Kohistani told the BBC that the US left Bagram at 03:00 local time on Friday, and that the Afghan military found out hours later...

The Americans left behind about 3.5 million items, Gen Kohistani said, including tens of thousands of bottles of water, energy drinks and military ready-made meals, known as MREs. They also left behind thousands of civilian vehicles, without keys, and hundreds of armoured vehicles, the Associated Press reported.

They took heavy weapons with them and detonated some ammunition stocks, but left behind small weapons and ammunition for the Afghans, Gen Kohistani said...

...The late-night withdrawal by the US hands control of the base to a much less well-equipped force that could struggle to defend it from the Taliban, which has made swift advances in recent weeks across the country, seizing rural districts and surrounding some larger cities."

And the last but not least -

"About 1,000 Afghan soldiers fighting the Taliban in the north of the country fled over the border into Tajikistan on Monday, according to officials, raising fears over the military's ability to stave off further advances by the group."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57682290

OK, so from what I see now, the pressure is mounting on Tajikistan, which is a part of the ODKB agreement with Russia.

So I assume sooner or later Russia will have to react to all this mess, and THIS most likely will bring Iran ( and possibly India) to the table of negotiations.

I have been seeing some crazy things over there. A lot of the Afghan Defense force appears to be press ganged conscripts. I saw the same thing a few years ago when the Houthis whipped the Saudi attack in Yemen. The small amount of Saudi forces went from village to village and forcibly conscripted men of fighting age to use as cannon fodder. Then they immediately surrendered or ran away and apparently the Afghan forces are doing the same thing in areas threatened by the Taliban.

20 years and 2.7 trillion dollars plus the other NATO countries contributions all wasted. It was just a huge money laundering operation is all. That staggering sum of money and there isn't even a functioning military in the country.

For 3 trillion plus dollars you can rebuild entire small countries from the ground up yet the Afghans expected to fight for their "freedom" still live in mud huts ffs.

History repeats itself in this case. Just like VietNam, people needed to make money off the war and bought the politicians to keep it going. This was even better.

What could 2.7 trillion buy for Americans?

I want to puke.

When the Soviets left in the late 1980s the government left behind at least survived for about 3 years. It doesn't look like this one will survive for the summer.

Last edited by Scrat335; 07-08-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe