Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2017, 08:17 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yes he has pointed out that he would be more than happy to keep Lavrov and Shoygu as he has a deep respect for them. He also used to be part of the United Russia party and so he is aware of how to play the political game in Russia. Btw would Zyuganov end up being the Prime Minister if Grudinin wins?
You know, *grandpa Zy* ( as Russians call him) doesn't come across as a particularly ambitious person, who is craving to be "on stage." Plus he is getting old - he is... about 74 now? His ideals/convictions are more important to him I think, and if someone else will put them to life for him, he'll be satisfied.
So no, Zyuganov as a Prime Minister might not be even a case, but he will keep on providing Grudinin with all the data and the help he needs I'm sure. Grudinin is under Zy's wing, so obviously he is receiving a lot of valuable "insider's" information when it comes to presidential elections - no doubt about it. Plus, unlike Navalny, he is supported by a party, which is officially sitting in the government. Even though he is NOT a member of that party, as Putin himself is not a member of the "United Russia," - the ruling party. And that's a very interesting twist in a story, when it comes to Putin's challenger.
And while I am at that, I've learned some interesting things about Zuganov, that I was not aware of before. Such as..

"Hungarian-American billionaire George Soros, along with Russian oligarchs such as Boris Berezovsky, Vladimir Gusinsky, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Anatoly Chubais, and others feared a Communist resurgence in Russia while witnessing Zyuganov present himself as a kinder, gentler Communist while attending the World Economic Forum at Davos in 1996. Chubais recalled, stating "I saw many of my good friends, presidents of major American companies, European companies, who were simply dancing around Zyuganov, trying to catch his eye, peering at him. These were the world's most powerful businessmen, with world famous names, who with their entire appearance demonstrated that they were seeking support of the future president of Russia, because it was clear to everyone that Zyuganov was going to be the future president of Russia, and now they needed to build a relationship with him. So, this shook me up!" The oligarchs set aside their differences and held several private meetings in Davos hotel rooms, where they strategized over how to defeat the perceived Zyuganov threat. The result was the "Davos pact", an agreement between Chubais and the oligarchs that he would lead an anti-Communist campaign against Zuyganov, that they agreed to fund. The subsequent months saw a massive media offensive as "money poured into advertising campaigns, into regional tours, into bribing journalists", all supported by the oligarchs who owned the major media. Yeltsin's subsequent victory in that election can be traced back to the events that took place in Davos between Chubais and those Russian oligarchs.[2]

In the election on June 16, Zyuganov finished second with 32%, trailing only Yeltsin, who captured 35%. Zyuganov prepared for the July 3 runoff election with confidence. He ran a campaign focusing on the president's ill health and pledged to return Russia to its Soviet days of glory. Yeltsin, however, relentlessly exploited his advantages of incumbency, patronage, and financial backing. Yeltsin gained from the elimination of the many smaller parties, as well as the support of Alexander Lebed, and eventually won the two-man showdown by 53.8% against 40.7%.

It has been alleged that Yeltsin may not have legitimately won the 1996 presidential election, but instead employed electoral fraud. Some results, largely from Russia's ethnic republics of Tatarstan, Dagestan and Bashkortostan, showed highly unlikely changes in voting patterns between the two rounds of voting.[3][4] At a meeting with opposition leaders in 2012, then-president Dmitri Medvedev was reported to have said, "There is hardly any doubt who won [that race]. It was not Boris Nikolaevich Yeltsin."[5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Zyuganov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 11:07 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes-yes, he got the endorsement of both far-left and moderate left forces (and even people who don't think about themselves as your typical "left wing," praised him.)
The more I am listening to Grudinin, the more it becomes clear that it's not the "Communist," but a representative of medium-small Russian business is talking. ( This is for example his fearless ( if not to say shocking) speech at Moscow Economic forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDnC9gAzKDk

These are bad news for Navalny, because big chunk of his voters will go to Grudinin ( I see from the small poll sample - 55% of Navalny votes goes to him, and only 15% to Sobchak most likely.)

So something is definitely shaping and taking place in Russia - unexpectedly, the "last minute" so to speak, but spreading fast, like a fire. ( Sort of like with Trump? lol))) But in the opposite - that is "left" direction.)
I can only start making guesses - is this for real, which comes as unpleasant surprise to Putin, or Putin is looking for the way out of the game and will be content to see someone like Grudinin taking his place?

P.S. Grudinin has an interesting view on the whole current "Ukraine" problem btw, (a view which is basically close to mine.) He believes that once Russia is a prosperous, non-corrupt country, Ukrainians won't be as hostile to it, as it is today.
About a big chunk of voters Navalny is it? His rating was 0.02% , in some cities of 0.5% . What part of these voters in question?

The hostility of the "Ukrainians" is directly proportional to the welfare of Russia.So as it is imposed from the outside.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:13 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
About a big chunk of voters Navalny is it? His rating was 0.02% , in some cities of 0.5% . What part of these voters in question?

The hostility of the "Ukrainians" is directly proportional to the welfare of Russia.So as it is imposed from the outside.
Source please?

Old 12-28-2017, 10:17 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Very interesting article about how journalists can pay a steep price for stepping out of line. Say the wrong thing, careers are ruined. This woman wrote a book that shoved noses into unpleasant cracks. Stephen Cohen is another. No one will publish his books, no one will publish his articles in the MSM. He's an advocate of better relations with Russia critical and outspoken of western policies towards Russia. He's been forced into the shadows.

So much for free media.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...ers-livelihood

Old 12-28-2017, 11:43 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Russian girls singing folk music. I think the song is a Ukrainian folk song. Not sure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZNo2HEFgg

Old 12-28-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Source please?
Source, math. Let's see how many people ( in percent) was collected in different cities. It is his electorate.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:03 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Very interesting article about how journalists can pay a steep price for stepping out of line. Say the wrong thing, careers are ruined. This woman wrote a book that shoved noses into unpleasant cracks. Stephen Cohen is another. No one will publish his books, no one will publish his articles in the MSM. He's an advocate of better relations with Russia critical and outspoken of western policies towards Russia. He's been forced into the shadows.

So much for free media.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...ers-livelihood
Interesting article, but has really nothing to do with anything in your post, but that the Lithuanians haven't washed their dirty laundry and have no intent of doing that either.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:00 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
Russian girls singing folk music. I think the song is a Ukrainian folk song. Not sure.

From what I can tell that is Russian. If it were Ukrainian I would have a hard time understanding the song, their words were very clear to me.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:

Russian is the song.the text,the motive and everything.It is something of Astrakhan .

Old 12-29-2017, 12:45 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Source, math. Let's see how many people ( in percent) was collected in different cities. It is his electorate.
Here are the 0.02%

https://cdnph.upi.com/sv/ph/og/upi_c...tion-rally.jpg

They don't really exist, those are all paid to be there by the CIA lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe