Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't understand what you are saying, sorry.
All "nationalists"," Strelkovtsy" and the other, about which you wrote, is an insignificant part of the population that very little effect on that,including in the elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 12:09 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
All "nationalists"," Strelkovtsy" and the other, about which you wrote, is an insignificant part of the population that very little effect on that,including in the elections.
That is good to hear! I was getting worried that nationalists and neo fascists might take over in the near future similar to Ukraine. I see a lot of hooligans in Russia (and other European countries) on the news and was getting worried that these ideas were becoming popular, such as “Russia for Russians”, which would be fine if they said Россиян (Rossiyan) but instead shout Русских (Rusky), which makes me worried for minorities such as Tatars, Chechens, Karelians, Mordovians, Jews etc.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:34 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
That is good to hear! I was getting worried that nationalists and neo fascists might take over in the near future similar to Ukraine. I see a lot of hooligans in Russia (and other European countries) on the news and was getting worried that these ideas were becoming popular, such as “Russia for Russians”, which would be fine if they said Россиян (Rossiyan) but instead shout Русских (Rusky), which makes me worried for minorities such as Tatars, Chechens, Karelians, Mordovians, Jews etc.
This is a pair of three semi-criminal groups (which by the way is very heavily thinned ),but any action must first come the reporters of the BBC or what they show about our "eternal horror" ))

Old 01-03-2018, 12:38 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Those who support specifically Strelkov ( I'd unite under this banner all those longing for "old, traditional Russia,") - yes, that's relatively a small segment. As for the rest types of "patriots" - no, that's a sizable part of population and they will definitely matter during the elections.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:42 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Why, those people are definitely there, and so is this idea.
But no, they won't take over in Russia ( unlike in Ukraine) for a number of reasons.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:32 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I just don't see a clear means for how things are done there. I probably don't know enough about politcal systems to have a basis for comparison. Churchill said that politics in Russia are like 2 dogs fighting under a rug. You won't know who won until one comes out from under the rug with a bone in his mouth.

It seems to me the means of attaining power and maintaining it does not fall on the support of the people but the influence you and your group holds. It's similar to ours where large groups of special interests propel an individual to the fore in the primaries (regardless of qualifications and peoples will) then put out to the people as the best choice which they must vote for.

Russia seems to do the same thing, groups use influence to gain power in politics by whatever means and the people have little to say on what is offered. In the American system we are granted the choice of stupid and stupider. In the Russian system you get what the system produces and hope it works out for all and better. Both systems create a balance tolerable to the respective populaces.

Neither system seems to be up to snuff when it comes to addressing the ills of their societies but Russia seems to be able to move forward at least. My system seems to be utterly disconnected from the reality of what is happening in America.

I do think Russia needs new blood at the top. The question remains though, who could do it? Who would be better for Russia?

Old 01-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
"The budget showed that 900 workers were being paid to dig caverns for the platforms as part of a 3.5-mile tunnel connecting the historic station to the Long Island Rail Road. But the accountant could only identify about 700 jobs that needed to be done, according to three project supervisors. Officials could not find any reason for the other 200 people to be there.

“Nobody knew what those people were doing, if they were doing anything,” said Michael Horodniceanu, who was then the head of construction at the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, which runs transit in New York. The workers were laid off, Mr. Horodniceanu said, but no one figured out how long they had been employed. “All we knew is they were each being paid about $1,000 every day.” "

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/n...ion-costs.html

Well since the "successful economic model" has been sold to Russians by American economists, that's where "New Russians" learned their tricks. ( And this particular excerpt from the article, the situation it describes is very close "business Russian style" and what it does.
One might say that "it's all the corrupt Unions and the government's fault" ( I am talking about the US now,) and if "private business would be in charge, you wouldn't see such waste and corruption," but on another hand, if you remove Unions and government out of the picture, who is there to stop "private business" from cut throat policies, where all the money will go to the rich, while the rest will be left with pennies?
So when I look at Russia, I know more or less what needs to be done there to fix the situation, but when I am looking at the US, as I've already said the whole situation is much more complex ( since this country has been addicted to cheap labor for so long, the consequences of it are unfixable if you ask me. Unless of course the US will turn to "communism Soviet style" lol)))
This is just an example I was talking about)) -

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...births-21.html
It seems to me systems throughout history have a underlying network of corruption. It doesn't matter who or where or when it's always been there,

I don't know how to solve the problem.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
I don't understand what you are saying, sorry.
I understood him completely. Its Russian English. Among other things, he's saying that a trip to Germany will not be an issue for him in the election. As it should not be... what kind of psychos exist in a country where they hate someone for taking a vacation to europe?

Old 01-04-2018, 02:28 PM

Polina Gargarinas latest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atFJ...JT7VOa44&t=174

Old 01-04-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I understood him completely. Its Russian English. Among other things, he's saying that a trip to Germany will not be an issue for him in the election. As it should not be... what kind of psychos exist in a country where they hate someone for taking a vacation to europe?
I can't agree. America has a huge issue with our politicians prostituting themselves to every ******* that comes down the pike. No one is going to tell me they have the best interests of America in mind. What kind of fool wants the individual that is supposed to represent the countries interests having other obligations?

America is a mess. Our politicians being for sale to the highest bidder is one of the many reasons why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe