Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 12:20 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the reminder of the instability of the Yanukovych period. Good riddance as they say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 05:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Are they REALLY?
That I don't know.
What I DO know however is that the Crimean Tatars were part of the Golden Horde ( originally from Asia) that devastated Russia for centuries, and when the main parts of it were already dissipated/conquered by Russians, Crimean Tatars were the last fragment of the Golden Horde to raid Russian lands and to take people in slavery to their overlord - Osman Turkey, the Islamic nation, ( whose religion Crimean Tatars accepted too.)
That's the "original inhabitants" for you, until Russians had enough of strengths to take care of a problem.
I read in a book a long time ago about the problems the people of the Don and the interior of what is now Ukraine had with the Crimean Tatars for hundreds of years. One big thing was the commodity salt. It was next to nonexistent in the lands north of the Black Sea and the Tatars not only charged exorbidant prices but when a salt merchant was traveling inland just as often as not during some periods the merchant was robbed by aquaintances of the very people he had already bought it from.

The people of the interior had little choice but to deal with them the only other sources being a few futher west in Europe and the Baltic Sea. People were at times forced to sell their children into slavery for salt. The CTs also regularly raided for slaves and booty, stealing all manner of goods. They were a particularly viscious bunch. Even in some instances in WWII.

I have no sympathy for those people.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:14 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Thank you for the reminder of the instability of the Yanukovych period. Good riddance as they say...

Who knows.
The "stability" is still not there, however during Yanukovich times at least the energy was still affordable, there were still jobs around, and Ukrainians were still not sold into slavery to IMF.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:41 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
P.S. Scrat...
Regarding this post of yours

Yeah, I saw Macron speaking too (Russian TV translating/commenting on it,) so checked on the original video to make sure that it was what it was;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Sz...h&index=8&t=0s

It looks like the Frenchie now started realizing what Germans ( well at least part of them) figured out already earlier - that Russia IS a key to survival of the "Old Europe."
HOWEVER: did they all forget why they rejected any possible union with Russia ( or rather the union with the "new Russian elite" or the "new Russians") - that class that was born after the destruction of the Soviet system?

I can remind you about this new class of thugs;

//www.city-data.com/forum/19321122-post144.html

(And then of course will come my next questions; and how this class was born in Russia? With whose help?
How did all these Chubais (and the rest of so-called "economic reformers" ) got their power, that brought this new class of thugs forth?)
No, Europeans made their choice wisely under the circumstances.

It couldn't be any other way at that point.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:19 PM
DKM

Quote:
Who knows.
The "stability" is still not there, however during Yanukovich times at least the energy was still affordable, there were still jobs around, and Ukrainians were still not sold into slavery to IMF.
Well they certainly aren't fighting in parliament or in the streets anymore. Street fighting is a Russian thing now.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:51 PM

More infrastructure upgrades.

https://tass.com/society/1076753

Old 09-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Would you want these people running your country?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=slqly_1567612883

I think Russia has to keep the course they're on. They're making progress of the right kind. JMO.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Excellent video of Moscow

https://youtu.be/wduQiKrS7Wk

Old 09-09-2019, 04:14 PM
DKM

There seems to be an extremely strong negative feeling in Russia towards that video. Apparently this rapper is controversial for being known to produce videos to flatter the country's leadership. . . What is wrong with this country?!?

Old 09-09-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
P.S. Scrat...
Regarding this post of yours

Yeah, I saw Macron speaking too (Russian TV translating/commenting on it,) so checked on the original video to make sure that it was what it was;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Sz...h&index=8&t=0s

It looks like the Frenchie now started realizing what Germans ( well at least part of them) figured out already earlier - that Russia IS a key to survival of the "Old Europe."
HOWEVER: did they all forget why they rejected any possible union with Russia ( or rather the union with the "new Russian elite" or the "new Russians") - that class that was born after the destruction of the Soviet system?

I can remind you about this new class of thugs;

//www.city-data.com/forum/19321122-post144.html

(And then of course will come my next questions; and how this class was born in Russia? With whose help?
How did all these Chubais (and the rest of so-called "economic reformers" ) got their power, that brought this new class of thugs forth?)
No, Europeans made their choice wisely under the circumstances.

It couldn't be any other way at that point.
The French have stated it's time to set down and work things out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFP/statu...25318880129025

Not just France. Hungary, Romania, Norway, Sweden are all taking a different tone. Some guarded, some not so much. Norways own secretary of defense gave warnings of threats from abroad not directed towards Russia but towards the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe