Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2021, 06:42 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
There's also the factor of Ukraines gas transport infrastructure. It has not been properly maintained since Soviet times and it has seen better days.

Yes, that too.

And from what they are saying, if the gas won't be constantly pumped through those Ukrainian pipes, they will become inoperable pretty quick and will be sold for the price of the metal scrap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 08:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, that too.

And from what they are saying, if the gas won't be constantly pumped through those Ukrainian pipes, they will become inoperable pretty quick and will be sold for the price of the metal scrap.
That's just sad. Especially for the people because that means the lines going to the cities will be affected too or are already.

Just heard gas is nearing $1200 p/1000.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
That's just sad. Especially for the people because that means the lines going to the cities will be affected too or are already.

Just heard gas is nearing $1200 p/1000.

Well by now you/we know why.
It's all about the "Ukraine" factor.
At least big part of it.

American LNG is shipped to Asia now ( China?) that can't have enough of it too.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:49 PM

Couple of news coming from the "eastern front."

Number one - Iran is starting its military drill on the border with Azerbaijan; Baku expresses the "concern" or "indignation" or whatever it's expressing.
Which wouldn't be a big deal on its own, except for I am discovering now, that Azerbaijan was not supported by Turkey only during the recent conflict with Armenia, but by ISRAEL as well.

And Iran as it turns out, was supporting Armenia - the Christian country. ( They were supplying them with fuel.)

What can I say?

Israel supporting Islamic country in a conflict plays dangerous games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2s4IIf7D3A

And in other news;

It seems that the war of words (so far) is escalating between the Taliban and the neighboring Tadjikistan.
Tadjik president Rakhmanov is not happy that Taliban doesn't have the "inclusive government," and "since ethnic Tadjics ( along with other ethnic groups in Afghanistan) comprise 46% of the country's population, they have to be represented in the government too, not just Pushtun ethnic group ( i.e. Taliban.)"
Taliban is responding that Rakhmanov himself has been president of Tadjikistan for the last 27 years, he is unlikely to be replaced, and he is not the kind of person to teach them "democracy."

The troops are drawing nearer to the Tadjik-Afghan border from both sides ( Taliban denies that anything like that takes part on their side.)

Moscow is calling both Kabul and Dushanbe to "cool it off," ( at least some mid-level Russian official makes such statements,) but the role of Moscow is very unclear in all that I'd say.

On one hand - Russian ambassador took part in whatever event Talibs threw yesterday for the "diplomatic corps" in Kabul, on another hand Taliban is still the "prohibited organization in Russia," which the Russian TV channels are not tired of repeating.

And Dushanbe (i.e. Tadjikistan) exchanging the hostilities with Kabul without Moscow's consent?

Things that make you go "hmmm.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hgkRnYGpJ4

Last edited by erasure; 10-01-2021 at 01:59 PM..

Old 10-01-2021, 04:59 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,566,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes most likely, but by the sound of it ( judging by that annoying Peskov ( Putin's spokesperson,)) Russians want to stay tight lipped about it.

The reason for it (just a guess,) is that they want something in return for this cooperation, be that US concessions in Syria or Ukraine.

However whatever it is, the fact remains; without Russian cooperation the West can't succeed in fighting radical Islam.

And with Afghanistan in particular things are even more straightforward, because this is the place where ( historically speaking) Russian interests clash with Anglo-Saxons'.

The jihadists benefit directly because of it.

P.S. Meanwhile - yet another fun fact.
I know someone close to the Fort McCoy ( or rather people that are directly involved with the Afghan refugees there. So I hear quite a few *interesting* stories, including the latest one that about 500 or so of the Afghans disappeared from there in a thin air.

I.e. they left the base and never came back.

No one knows so far about their whereabouts, since they are the refugees, and they can come and go as they are pleased.

Fun fact, yep.
Any word on the whereabouts of the 500 missing Afghans?

Old 10-01-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Any word on the whereabouts of the 500 missing Afghans?
I've heard nothing. There was a lot of Haitians (1000s) just disappeared into thin air too. The whole border/immigration thing is such a mess it's astounding. We need to be concerned, not all these people came here to better their lives.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:37 PM

That sewer rat Shakeasswilly is back in the news.

https://tass.com/world/1344965

Old 10-01-2021, 08:49 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
That sewer rat Shakeasswilly is back in the news.

https://tass.com/world/1344965

Yeah...two rats enjoying the media limelight again...

Two clowns made for each other, a match in heaven....

Old 10-02-2021, 08:30 AM

I think this was a stunt, just like Navalny. Groups (NGOs) give these clowns money and if they don't keep their faces in the media for what ever purpose they can't justify their paychecks and the money dries up or worse things can happen like with Boris Nemtsov who was more valuable to the cause a corpse than breathing.

Navalny is special though. His main ambition in life is to become immortal in the glare of the limelight and achieve martyrdom for all mankind.

This Georgian is just a dumbass, what in the world is he trying to achieve? I have to say that being thrown in jails throughout the world is not the best way to make a living.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:29 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,566,686 times
Quote:
I've heard nothing. There was a lot of Haitians (1000s) just disappeared into thin air too. The whole border/immigration thing is such a mess it's astounding. We need to be concerned, not all these people came here to better their lives.
It was a rhetorical question. I don't for one minute believe 500 Afghans disappeared from Fort McCoy. As if they said to security on the way out, we're just going to pop down to Starbucks for a Big Mac, and then got abducted by aliens.
People go missing at the border all the time. Some are turned loose by the authorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe