Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 11:57 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Help. Me. Lord.
Oh the insanity, the Russian kind.
YOU live in the area, that's in top 5 areas in Russian Federation as far as living conditions go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpccoCHk0DU

If YOU and your friends/family are having two cars, that DOES NOT mean that the rest of the country fair well in terms of car ownership and the rest.
Of course "Rosstat" ( or whoever) will want you to believe that "basically there are 2 cars per family," because these funny people divided Russian population into "families," unlike the rest of the world, that count the amount of motor vehicles per 1,000, 000 people.
But count the number of motor vehicles by *family* and you'll see wonders; - in this case practically every third *family* in Russia owns a car; the whole 35% of *families.* And - oh miracle!, every third *family* owns "two and more cars" - the whopping 16,5%. So if we subtract from this number 2,8% of *families* that own 3 cars, and 0.5% of *families* that own more than 4 cars, the figure comes to 13.5% of *families* that own second car. ( Which is "basically two cars per family" in Russia, according to you. )
But if we translate this Kiselyev's math into normal people's math,( that the rest of the world uses,) here is the REAL statistic for car ownership in Russia; 324 cars per 1,000 people.
Yeah, practically 2 cars per every family, just a bit below Trinidad & Tobago and Saudi Arabia. Those probably have 6 cars per *family* with multiple wives and stuff.

When it comes to "travel abroad as usual thing" - according to stats, 80% of Russians don't have foreign passports, and only about 12% go abroad on vacations.

https://ria.ru/tourism/20170202/1487026159.html

And if YOU ( and your friends) are "building the houses from stone," "clinker bricks" or whatever crap, the kind you "couldn't even think of in the Soviet Union," millions of OTHER RUSSIANS are deprived of staple things and protection they used to have under Soviet system, now living from hand to mouth.
Not to mention the latest "pension reform," where in the country with life expectancy of 66 years, people will be forced to retire at what age now?
You tell me, and enough of all your nonsense already.
Yes, this phrase: "it is good only in your region, and in other places everything is terrible ."They are replicated throughout the country.I won relatives called not so long ago, they say come to us, you have everything bad, no money, no work and so on, we were told.Come to us ! We have rules where to live and work, we should not suffer and starve ! And at the same time, the media is telling us about the Northern region,where they call me to live, to work and not to starve, they tell us how terrible it is, because only you have an island of stability and prosperity. But from the United States and Canada, of course I know better) because it's CNN, Ekho Moskvy, TV rain, and so on, they are beautiful headers write, you can cry forever. PS Yes, about the car, it is in large cities,partly in the middle. I also have only one car, I need a car to build my house, for work and for trips to the supermarket. The mileage is 10 000 km per year, despite the fact that sometimes I can go to Moscow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 12:23 AM

Russia's international reserves fell by $2.4 billion in a week
https://russian.rt.com/business/news/539940...valyuta-rossiya

I have news. I caught myself thinking that after reading the headline it's not even interesting to read the news. I think it was $ 2.4 billion a week ago. So, small fluctuations. And then I remembered how economic stability in the country depended on receiving the next IMF tranche, often of a smaller volume. The times are changing . Like and remember, as it was, but already not feel. What is now in the minds of those who are 25. They do not remember anything before Putin. For them, the economic crisis.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:53 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
And if YOU ( and your friends) are "building the houses from stone," "clinker bricks" or whatever crap, the kind you "couldn't even think of in the Soviet Union," millions of OTHER RUSSIANS are deprived of staple things and protection they used to have under Soviet system, now living from hand to mouth.
Not to mention the latest "pension reform," where in the country with life expectancy of 66 years, people will be forced to retire at what age now?
You tell me, and enough of all your nonsense already.
I kind of find that bit amusing, women in Russia retire at age 55 and have a life expectancy of 77.64 years compared to men who retire at age 60 but have a life expectancy of 67.51 years, where is the logic in that?

now it will be 63 years for women and 65 for men. So yes it's unfair for the men, but maybe they would actually live longer if they took care of their health rather than smoking and drinking all day. Also the life expectancy is on a steady increase, even higher than back in the soviet times.

According to the WHO report back in 2008 70.1% of Russian men smoke vs 26.5% of Russian women, and people wonder why men die so early compared to women? If people want to live long enough to see their pension maybe they should stop smoking? I wouldn't be surprised to find a similar discrepancy with alcohol either.

In comparison 26.3% of men smoke in the US and 44.3% in Japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...tion#2008_data

Percentage of men who smoke

percentage of women who smoke

Last edited by grega94; 07-27-2018 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-27-2018, 11:52 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Russia's international reserves fell by $2.4 billion in a week
https://russian.rt.com/business/news/539940...valyuta-rossiya

I have news. I caught myself thinking that after reading the headline it's not even interesting to read the news. I think it was $ 2.4 billion a week ago. So, small fluctuations. And then I remembered how economic stability in the country depended on receiving the next IMF tranche, often of a smaller volume. The times are changing . Like and remember, as it was, but already not feel. What is now in the minds of those who are 25. They do not remember anything before Putin. For them, the economic crisis.
You mean the one that didn't even make it to Russia, and was diverted to private accounts ( Swiss banks and all,) from the correspondent New-York bank? Like it was in 1998-99(?) and the owner of that correspondent bank was none other but the *partner* of William Browder

Yes, THE Bill Browder, to whom current American sanctions on Russia are directly attached, as in "Magnitsky Act."

Yeah, I remember all that.

P.S. You still didn't answer my question.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You mean the one that didn't even make it to Russia, and was diverted to private accounts ( Swiss banks and all,) from the correspondent New-York bank? Like it was in 1998-99(?) and the owner of that correspondent bank was none other but the *partner* of William Browder

Yes, THE Bill Browder, to whom current American sanctions on Russia are directly attached, as in "Magnitsky Act."

Yeah, I remember all that.

P.S. You still didn't answer my question.
The one about pensions? Or what ?

Old 07-27-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
I kind of find that bit amusing, women in Russia retire at age 55 and have a life expectancy of 77.64 years compared to men who retire at age 60 but have a life expectancy of 67.51 years, where is the logic in that?
It doesn't make sense from Western point of view, where women traditionally were much better taken care of than in Russia.
But for Soviet Russia, the ORIGINAL country of women's emancipation, where such law was created, it all made sense. Because women not only worked in all kind of jobs with harsh physical labor, but they were responsible for rearing children of their own, AND later helping raising grand-children, since both parents were required to work. ( It were usually maternal grand-mothers on whose shoulders the responsibility was placed. And often they still kept on working here and there while retired, in order to support their daughters. Because the divorce rate was about 50%, however with the help of the Soviet state their task was still manageable.)
And those were precisely the women, whom Americans kicked in the curb in the 90ies. And then darling Hillary started stealing Soviet ideas of daycares, in order to proceed with her welfare reforms.
She needed those ideas as much as she needed Wal-Mart corporation and Wal-Mart jobs, because otherwise the whole idea of "women emancipation" in the US was not very viable. As I've already said before, American capitalism is not compatible with this idea.

Quote:
now it will be 63 years for women and 65 for men.
Right. And since I am not sure how much things changed in this respect ( apparently not much,) a lot of people are up in arms against this reform.

Quote:
So yes it's unfair for the men, but maybe they would actually live longer if they took care of their health rather than smoking and drinking all day. Also the life expectancy is on a steady increase, even higher than back in the soviet times.

According to the WHO report back in 2008 70.1% of Russian men smoke vs 26.5% of Russian women, and people wonder why men die so early compared to women? If people want to live long enough to see their pension maybe they should stop smoking? I wouldn't be surprised to find a similar discrepancy with alcohol either.
Again - you are looking at it from WESTERN point of view, where the life is more or less stable and predictable.
But in Russia, where all the calamities go in waves, one after another - the wars, the purges, the "perestroykas," the "economic reforms," the defaults, the corrupt police, the judges, the government officials - you will simply not survive the stress of it all, since it affects you in your daily life, on every step.
And that's why Russian men keep their cool but drink and smoke. Women - they simply bury themselves in their worries for children and grand-children, so they smoke less and practically don't drink, traditionally so.

But I still have to respond to Scrat, so may be I'll touch on this subject again later.

Last edited by erasure; 07-27-2018 at 01:11 PM..

Old 07-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
The one about pensions? Or what ?
Yes.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Well, first of all, the law is still under discussion, it is still far from ratification. The fact that the age will be increased is most likely a fact. Sadness? I don't know, maybe sad, maybe not. However, in social networks carefully inflated hysterics, of course.There's always a tantrum about one or the other.But hysteria in social networks.the thing is very interesting, there and ends regardless of whether the problem is solved or not. Yesterday boiled thousands of messages, and the day after tomorrow silence)) how so? ))) As for the need for this law, it is likely that it is needed. Let's see what form it will be. Life expectancy is growing, more and more pensioners, plus the "demographic pit".Everything is very difficult in this regard. I think that in the end, this law will have a positive impact on the amount of pension and life expectancy.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:56 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
It doesn't make sense from Western point of view, where women traditionally were much better taken care of than in Russia.
But for Soviet Russia, the ORIGINAL country of women's emancipation, where such law was created, it all made sense. Because women not only worked in all kind of jobs with harsh physical labor, but they were responsible for rearing children of their own, AND later helping raising grand-children, since both parents were required to work. ( It were usually maternal grand-mothers on whose shoulders the responsibility was placed. And often they still kept on working here and there while retired, in order to support their daughters. Because the divorce rate was about 50%, however with the help of the Soviet state their task was still manageable.)
And those were precisely the women, whom Americans kicked in the curb in the 90ies. And then darling Hillary started stealing Soviet ideas of daycares, in order to proceed with her welfare reforms.
She needed those ideas as much as she needed Wal-Mart corporation and Wal-Mart jobs, because otherwise the whole idea of "women emancipation" in the US was not very viable. As I've already said before, American capitalism is not compatible with this idea.

Right. And since I am not sure how much things changed in this respect ( apparently not much,) a lot of people are up in arms against this reform.

Again - you are looking at it from WESTERN point of view, where the life is more or less stable and predictable.
But in Russia, where all the calamities go in waves, one after another - the wars, the purges, the "perestroykas," the "economic reforms," the defaults, the corrupt police, the judges, the government officials - you will simply not survive the stress of it all, since it affects you in your daily life, on every step.
And that's why Russian men keep their cool but drink and smoke. Women - they simply bury themselves in their worries for children and grand-children, so they smoke less and practically don't drink, traditionally so.

But I still have to respond to Scrat, so may be I'll touch on this subject again later.
And what Eastern Europe, the middle east and Latin America didn't experience similar levels of stress?

Male life expectancy

Female life expectancy

So you are telling me that Russian men have/had it harder than all the other non western countries? There is no need to make excuses, this is embarrassing! Russia is supposed to be this great industrialized power yet the men there only live as long as sub-Saharan Africans. Also WWII ended 73 years ago.

Also the highest life expectancy for men in Russia is in Muslim Ingushetia at 78.58 years, compared to Novgorod oblast at 63.86 years. So please stop with the excuses.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy

Old 07-27-2018, 03:22 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Do you think Russia is eventually going to cave and side with the West? Or does Russia have too much pride for that?

Are the days of conflict between East and West numbered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe