Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 01:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times

Advertisements

Japan is currently joining the sanctions regime against Russia. Putin is hoping to break the sanctions by offering the islands. You can guess what the result will be... nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 03:20 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,380 times
Why Russia is enemy of USA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQNZOd8_40

Old 01-14-2019, 04:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Another tidbit.

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russia

Old 01-14-2019, 04:06 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,380 times
russian national anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ROksmXWg7g

Old 01-14-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Japan is currently joining the sanctions regime against Russia. Putin is hoping to break the sanctions by offering the islands. You can guess what the result will be... nothing.
Ummmm. Yeah right. The sanctions are working too....................

Life is usually a matter of what you convince yourself of isn't it?

I'm the handsomest sumbitch in the world.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:49 PM

A video on Electronic Warfare. It's widely accepted that Russia is extremely capable in this and anti aircraft warfare. I beleive they go hand in hand. A simple video of a very complex subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLHZwEXKeA&app=desktop

i think Russians are doing it right, targeting the right things in their efforts. Air superiority requires tremendous effort to acquire and maintain. They focus on DEPRIVATION of air superiority and mission interdiction.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:44 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

"We pointed out to our Japanese friends that the sovereignty over the islands was non-negotiable. This is Russia's territory" he ( Lavrov) stressed.

The Russian minister stressed that Japan did not make any objections to Russia’s statement that the results of World War II are not subject to review.

More:
TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russia

Ah, OK, thanks.
( There were rumors on FB, but I never looked into the whole situation.)

Meanwhile, I am watching this young couple - a guy from the city of Voronehz with upbeat personality and his wife traveling in Iran. ( I watched them making through Georgia-Azerbaijan-Armenia- Turkey and now they are in Iran as we speak.)
Their video blog is intended for Russian audience of course, so it's in Russian; the food, the prices, the hotels, the bathrooms, the gas stations and so on. But it's interesting to watch;

0:58 Mamma mia - a museum in Tehran; former jail for political prisoners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTY8TNbKb3k&t=96s

They've got stuck in the desert with camels, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlH6...Vv308nl4AaABAg

The beginning of the journey in Iran - Tabriz, ( i.e. Southern Azerbaijan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxYK...coFweg&index=4

Last edited by erasure; 01-14-2019 at 07:12 PM..

Old 01-16-2019, 06:31 PM

The guys wife is the twin of my sister in law. Same smile and facial features, common in the Bryansk region.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:31 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The guys wife is the twin of my sister in law. Same smile and facial features, common in the Bryansk region.

Really?!
This type looks totally unfamiliar to me - in fact I wondered whether she has some Northern Caucasians in her family, because of those very dark eyes and very dark hair. ( This is very unusual for ethnic Russians - at least from what I am used to.)
And it's not only me now when I think about it, but other Russian guys were joking there in the comments that Dasha ( girl's name) "looks like a Turkish girl in all those scarves" and Alexander ( guy's name) should keep an eye on her, so that the locals wouldn't steal her.
No, I haven't seen Russians looking like this, and you are saying "Bryansk region?"
I looked it up - it's on the border with Ukraine. ( And yes, they are from Voronezh, which is close to Bryansk.)
They say ( according to DNA and all this stuff) that Ukrainians have some Turkish admixture. ( From the times of the Osman Empire I guess?)

I wonder may be it's the case here too, since it's as close to Ukraine as it gets?

But anyways, I talked to the guy a bit - a nicest person ever.
I hope they will come back home safe and sound.

Last edited by erasure; 01-16-2019 at 08:59 PM..

Old 01-17-2019, 06:47 PM

Just heard a rumor that Russia has been doing ship to ship transfers of Yamal LNG off the coast of Norway. Apparently to get around sanctions or something. 3 in the last 3 days. Apparently the English don't like it. Whole thing is unclear.

https://worldmaritimenews.com/archiv...ent-in-norway/

Erasure. My ex wifes/sister in law father claimed a Greek heritage. The mothers family comes from further north, in between Smolensk and Tver. She claims Mordvinian heritage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe