Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 07:54 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
MW, they were never charged with vandalism, because vandalism involves the destruction of property. ( There was none.)
They were charged with hooliganism, which is a "catch-all charge for prosecuting unapproved behavior" in Russia.

If you read the rest of the Wiki article, you'll discover for example that that German dude who landed near Red Square in his Cessna back in 1979, was charged with "hooliganism" as well, (among other things) .
Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely look into it a bit more. I think "hooliganism" is somewhat of a grey area as it can often lead to more aggressive behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 09:43 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
This is not a prayer, this is blasphemy. Orthodox fanatics are few, but they exist.

This is not their first performance. They also performed on the Red square before, but they only received a fine.

https://youtu.be/AiWu92wvwm8

Blasphemy, Maxim, is a religious attribute.

The secular society ( that Russia claims to be) can't base its penal code on religion.

So as in the first instance, these people (P.R.) were supposed to receive just fines as the first time around. ( First time around they were supposed to receive fines for climbing onto the stone platform ( Lobnoe Mesto) in my understanding, and not for their horrid song ( yes they sound horrible))) )

As for the rest of anti-Putin's songs - it's impossible to control them all ( short of banning Youtube.)

But some of the acts strike the nerve of the government more than others. Such was this action of P.R. staged in the major cathedral. And yes, it was political, and they were prosecuted for it.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Me and Erasure differ on some aspects of how things should be in Russia. She is a strong advocate of change whereas I believe if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

No system of government is perfect. Some do work better than others. Some are adequate for the purpose in light of the situation at hand which is where I stand in my opinion of the current Russian government.

As for justice and PR I think that with all things considered (including the attitudes, intent and imposed circumstances) the right action was taken. PR was NOT alone in this, it was not a spontaneous "cry for freedom and liberty for the oppressed people of Russia". It was a contrivance, the people involved in it were tools used by outside interests who certainly DO NOT have the best interests of the Russian people in mind.

The reaction was political in nature. As was the provocation.

It sent a message to all of the little big men out there in the world. The Saakashvilis and nummies like the chess champion. No matter how much power and means you have to meddle in Russian society it isn't going to work.

Russian society will change. In it's own good time. Let them alone.

While I would definitely like to see the Left ( people like Grudinin) in charge of the country, ( which would have alleviated the suffering of millions of people in Russia,) I believe that overall the train is gone.

I understand what's taking place in Russia and why.
But that doesn't preclude me from seeing things for what they are, instead of pretending that it's some "democratic society with free press and all."

The main reason that this type of propaganda is successful over there, is because it's rooted in truth - alas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=pMMwBrlwmzI

Old 01-08-2019, 11:43 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Think about it mr. Frolov

Is this a main Ukrainian problem?

Old 01-09-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Blasphemy, Maxim, is a religious attribute.

The secular society ( that Russia claims to be) can't base its penal code on religion.
But secular society must protect religion. Otherwise, religion will defend itself.

Quote:
So as in the first instance, these people (P.R.) were supposed to receive just fines as the first time around. ( First time around they were supposed to receive fines for climbing onto the stone platform ( Lobnoe Mesto) in my understanding, and not for their horrid song ( yes they sound horrible))) )
This is another part of the article (based on religious hatred). This is not a fines.
Quote:
Хулиганство по мотивам религиозной ненависти, совершённое группой лиц по предварительному сговору (ч. 2 ст. 213 УК РФ)

Quote:
As for the rest of anti-Putin's songs - it's impossible to control them all ( short of banning Youtube.)
But it is possible to control the writers, if desired.

Quote:
But some of the acts strike the nerve of the government more than others. Such was this action of P.R. staged in the major cathedral. And yes, it was political, and they were prosecuted for it.
This is only part of the truth.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
New hospitals, schools, roads in Russia.
Don't worry, new hospitals, schools and roads building in Russia. And new bridges. )))

Old 01-09-2019, 07:30 AM

Alec, look.
In 2018 17 bridges built and 8 bridges reconstructed.
sdelanounas.ru/blogs/115849/

Terrible Putin... ((

Old 01-09-2019, 07:57 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Alec, look.
In 2018 17 bridges built and 8 bridges reconstructed.
sdelanounas.ru/blogs/115849/

Terrible Putin... ((
You mean bridges like this bridge across Volga river?

Old 01-09-2019, 07:59 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Is this a main Ukrainian problem?
We don't need crowd of hungry and angry russians near our border.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
We don't need crowd of hungry and angry russians near our border.

So far I see only crowds of hungry and desperate Ukrainians streaming into Russia, looking for jobs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe