Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 12:52 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,615,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Drafts: you can catch cold from drafts, it's happened to me. This is related to a sort of tabu against going barefoot in the apartment, especially if there's a cement floor. It's related to health. Tibetan doctors have warned me against the same things.

You visit grandmothers in the village for advice and healing because hands-on healing sometimes works! And you see them for advice because that's ancient tradition.

The USSR didn't have psychologists and psychiatric help for most citizens, you know. If people needed someone to talk to, they'd go to the local clairvoyant or healer. They still do.
Yes you are right. It is connected with health. and it is natural. So when you have a draft wind blows from all sides and you get sick. This is natural. As for psychologists. Then in the USSR were psychologists and very good, but people did not like him to go because of the quirks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Russian public swimming pools have dolphins in them? What a country!
No. In your country pools with dolphins? There oceanarium that have dolphins and other fish as in any other country.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonfly View Post
It was 4-5 years ago in Saratov, now probably there are another prices.

I didn't say that all these videos are Russian, so the third video taken in Ukraine, I had no aim to shame Russia because I'm Russian as well, and posted it for fun only.
$ 300 is the price 12 years ago in my area. With this you have to appear in exams and be part of the auto school. Today you can buy the rights, but it is very difficult. Price from 1.500 -2000 dollars. Despite the fact that you'll include in the auto-school and appear on the exam. today there is no reason to buy the rights, as the cost of training is 1000-1500 dollars. * Corruption every year fewer and police are afraid of being caught taking bribes. But we always find a Russian and an extraordinary legal way out

Old 04-01-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a good topic. Tell us, please, what is the process for getting a driver's license in Russia?
I
Ruth. For rights you have-1. undergo a medical examination. 2. be accepted in the auto-school 3. Price varies by country training in my area is 1000-1500 dollars, while learning from 3-6 months (it was 3 months). 4. There is a theory-written examinations with the use of computer 5. Practice driving. 6 after 3-6 months training in the automotive school you must pass exams on the theory (written in response to questions from the inspector or computer) and practice (driving instructor). if you passed the exam, you get a driver's license.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,299,663 times
In the US, pediatricians specifically instructed us not to expose babies to others, not even take them outdoors, in first month. Sounds like common sense.

Buying driver's licenses (in my experience in South America and Italy), drunkenness, fist-fights among young men, but even in Parliament, road rage, conservatively protecting babies from micro-organisms in first month (aka the evil eye), avoiding drafts and cold, and consulting elderly people for wisdom are common behaviors to humans throughout planet Earth, nothing particularly Russian about any of these.

So far, nothing particularly Russian in this thread, except the language of some of the videos.

In my experience, across some three continents, fifteen countries, about two dozen cities and five languages, it is common for each group - family, tribe, village, city, state, nation, you name it - to believe that it is exceptional in one or more ways when in reality most of what we do and believe is quite common among ordinary humans across the globe.

Having said that, I would like to know what are the economic prospects - in terms of education, career opportunities, income potential, taxation, and standard of living (e.g. access to housing, heating and cooling, telecommunications, electronic gadgets of all kinds, transportation - private car, bus, rail, ferries, airplanes -, medical care) - for the average Russian, i.e. young people without any particular political and/or family-business connections? I imagine that it could vary from region to region.

Does Russia still have flat tax at around 12%? Does that apply to personal incomes or businesses?

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:01 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Buying driver's licenses (in my experience in South America and Italy), drunkenness, fist-fights among young men, but even in Parliament, road rage, conservatively protecting babies from micro-organisms in first month (aka the evil eye), avoiding drafts and cold, and consulting elderly people for wisdom are common behaviors to humans throughout planet Earth, nothing particularly Russian about any of these.

So far, nothing particularly Russian in this thread, except the language of some of the videos.
Drunkenness yes, street-violence has been dropping straight the last 30 years and is not a big problem, but those others don't exist in my galactic neighborhood (Scandinavia).

Old 04-01-2014, 03:56 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Hi Jeff, this is a culture and not only. World, though full of scientific discoveries, but there are many phenomena that can not explain. As for the child does not show up to one month is that the child is not jinxed. You may laugh, but the whammy is a real phenomenon.
I have a Father's adoptive mother is Hungarian and is able to treat people (witch).
She saved my life. then when the doctors could not help me. me jinxed in Central Asia when I was 10 years old.
To my grandmother came from the first persons of the country. Minister Primakov Russia when he was sick came to her treatment.
This superstition Russian trait is inherited more from pagan ancestors. Habits and mentality of the Gentiles were so strong that they will not get lost even under the pressure of a thousand years of Christian history .Recall the features of nature , the harsh climate , the country's history , the Byzantine Russian tendency to mysticism . Much comes from the faith of people in the dark force, devilry , which could ruin their plans to intervene in the normal course of life.Until now, many Russian fear of the evil eye (hence - jinx ), and to protect it from wear cross body or pins in the seams of clothing. About what I told you above , and it is a reality . which can not be explained . People who have black eyes , capable whammy on people.
Now, this is an answer. Thanks, Grey!

Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Now, this is an answer. Thanks, Grey!
Always glad to you, Jeff!

Old 04-01-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
In the US, pediatricians specifically instructed us not to expose babies to others, not even take them outdoors, in first month. Sounds like common sense.

Having said that, I would like to know what are the economic prospects - in terms of education, career opportunities, income potential, taxation, and standard of living (e.g. access to housing, heating and cooling, telecommunications, electronic gadgets of all kinds, transportation - private car, bus, rail, ferries, airplanes -, medical care) - for the average Russian, i.e. young people without any particular political and/or family-business connections? I imagine that it could vary from region to region.

Does Russia still have flat tax at around 12%? Does that apply to personal incomes or businesses?

Thanks.
Yes, you are right! Some superstition in Russia stronger, some weaker than in Europe.

Yes, in Russia remained flat tax . It's called income tax and it is equal to 13.8 percent of total personal income less documented expenses in accordance with applicable law.13.8 for residents of the Russian Federation.With regard to legal persons and individual entrepreneurs under the Tax Code of the Russian Federation , there are three types of tax systems : the basic tax system (DOS) , simplified ( USN ) and the unified tax on imputed income ( UTII ) . When choosing a tax system must consider several factors , including the type of activity , the ratio of income and expenditure , etc. Everyone can choose the system which is more suitable for you or your company. Prospects for making a good enough business in Russia. I have worked in this area for quite some time and successfully.The main thing to understand the laws and do not violate them . Otherwise the consequences could be very expensive .

Old 04-01-2014, 05:49 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,339 times
Quote:

In my experience, across some three continents, fifteen countries, about two dozen cities and five languages, it is common for each group - family, tribe, village, city, state, nation, you name it - to believe that it is exceptional in one or more ways when in reality most of what we do and believe is quite common among ordinary humans across the globe.

Thanks.
13+% flat tax on income.

Diversification is the operative word as concerns Russia's economic prospects. As it stands, it is essentially a petro-state, and if the price of oil drops precipitously, the Russian economy will be hit hard; if the price of oil stays steady, the country will be fine in the shorter-term.

Concerning the rest of your post: I, too, have lived around the world (as have many on this forum), and in each culture there are superstitions. However, some cultures are more superstitious than others. My question was why Russia is one of them (this being, of course, a thread about Russia). Grey Karast was kind enough to address the question with some actual information, not just "well, people like them." So, I learned something, which was the reason I asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe