Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 01:09 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
People perhaps need reminded the Nola is simply a paid troll. He typically distorts or omits and at times outright lies.
Ah, yes. I am a "paid troll"...

Apparently the OECD, the UN, the World Bank, the IMF, the EU, and the US are all "paid trolls" too, as their official stats are exactly the same as I indicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income

Basically the only countries in the world that have equivalent middle class wealth as in the U.S. are tiny places like Switzerland, Luxembourg and Norway. Everywhere else, the middle class is poorer, with a lower median income. Again, we're talking medians, not means. Has nothing to do with whether there is one wealthy person or a billion wealthy persons. We are only looking at the very midpoint of incomes around the world.

Quote:
I'm middle class American and in just the last 5 years I have seen many of my fellow Americans fall.
LOL!

The last five years have been one of the biggest job/wealth expansions in U.S. history, so no. There are 75 straight months of job growth, and well over 14 million jobs created. Income growth is among the highest in the developed world. The U.S. is currently in the longest job creation streak in American history per the U.S. labor department. Are you claiming the U.S. labor department is lying and only you have the real data?
https://blog.dol.gov/2016/01/08/rema...t-jobs-report/

According to you, we should ignore official data and listen to a random trolling internet poster, just because you say we should do so.

Sorry, but no. The data indicates EXACTLY what I previously claimed. Deal with it. If you don't like the official economic data reported around the world, argue with the data sources, not those posting the data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 01:27 PM

147 posts, read 100,309 times
Quote:
At least in Russia people have means to make ends meet without ending up in servitude unlike most Americans. I've seen the poor of Russia and most of them were better off than most Americans forced onto the street. I know the middle class of Russia (there is one) is doing much better than here.
That's why every Russian tries to get his OWN roof under his head. That is safety for us. Whenever happen to you it's easier to get along with a roof under your head.
So our middle class save money for apartments.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Hola, keep your tiring drivel to yourself. It has nothing to do with reality.

Serebel. That is a key thing, property. Here in America it is far out of reach of many. Its ,the difference independence and servitude . That should tell you something.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Serebel. That is a key thing, property.
Yes, money are nothing. They can dissapear in a moment. Stocks are nothing - it's just a virtual money.
Property is more reliable. But it can dissapear in a moment too.
What is really precious is a present moment of your life.

If you live in Russia will understood it from childhood

Old 05-21-2016, 06:03 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Hola, keep your tiring drivel to yourself. It has nothing to do with reality.
I think you mean to say "Nola".

But, really you mean to say "world, keep your tiring reality to yourself; I prefer my fantasies".

Everything I wrote is directly from multinational global organizations that track economic trends using armies of PhDs. If you prefer ignorance, be my guest. I expect no less from a Kremlin propagandist. If you prefer to think Congo is rich and Switzerland is poor and up is down and right is left, that's your prerogative.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:57 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The middle class in the U.S. is shrinking because incomes are rising. You are saying it would be better if the U.S. would be poorer, so there would be a bigger middle class.
Yes, yes - the incomes are rising for the top 10 % that are taking "half of the country’s overall income" - this has been noted already in 2012, and this trend is not changing, Nola)))

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...wing-too/?_r=0

Quote:
Again, the U.S. has among the highest MEDIAN incomes on the planet. This means that the very MIDDLE of the income spectrum is higher than almost anywhere.
Yes, but does it tell us what percentage of households are actually at this "middle" mark?

Quote:
During good economies, the middle class shrinks faster than during bad economies, because households rise from the middle class definition to the upper class definition.
This is nonsense Nola, because middle class should actually grow during "good economies," with more people of the lower class being able to "join in." Remember such thing as an "upward mobility," that indicates a healthy society? I have news for you; upward mobility is not all about "middle class moving to the upper level," it's about the upward mobility for those on the bottom as well. And that's what should happen during "good economy." The "bad economy" usually produces few on top hoarding all the wealth. And that's what you increasingly see in the US lately. So the middle class in the US doesn't shrink because it somehow miraculously moves upward ( very few manage to do that,) but the majority actually are going down. So enough of your fantasies/wishful thinking, better read Kremlin's propaganda for example in New York Times on a subject))))

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/up...hest.html?_r=0

Quote:
Too bad Russia abandoned the Western capitalist model, which resulted in huge wealth gains,
Why are you spouting nonsense yet again Nola?
"Huge wealth gains" by whom?
This "huge wealth gains" by few in Russia, with the rest sinking in poverty as the pattern has been set in the 90ies, was extremely destructive for the country. Unfortunately this trend didn't change much, only somewhat.

Quote:
and decided to go back in time to Stalin.
Some wish it would go back to Stalin's times for real, and I can understand why.

Quote:
Russia wanted a poor, angry dictatorship, and they got it.
Russians first of all don't want any return to the nineties, and they have no desire to end up in Ukraine's situation, with their internal opposition being financed by the US. And if "a poor angry dictatorship" is the way to prevent it, they'll take it over "Ukrainian" version any day.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:08 AM

erasure, we had Ukraininan scenario in 90s

Old 05-22-2016, 03:25 AM

Does it really often happen when people loose their homes and live homeless?

Old 05-22-2016, 03:58 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Russians talking about Russian wrongdoings:

Spoiler

Old 05-22-2016, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Russians talking about Russian wrongdoings:
Each country has its wrongdoins. And we admitted a lot of them.

What is about Finnish "white terror"?
When did your coutry receive its independentment?
Whom side did your country chose in WWII?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe