Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 03:24 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times

Advertisements

By the way, I came up with an excellent idea. I think Russia is going the wrong way. Instead of cute European songs, we need to use stereotypes about Russia. Let's send the next time Trubetskoy (they are Belarusians, but we will not tell), they are will sing about Putin and Russia the real truth!

https://youtu.be/yyj6RkZh7fQ

Matrioshka!

Shards of many empires rattle,
Ancient walls fall apart.
Yet, all over the red soviet praries
Devilish changes come.

The fuhrers of GULAG have awoken:
The hungry hounds of Tartarus,
The fist of Ivan Drago,
And Orthodox radars are reaching full power...

Spoiler

Red Khohoma tracery cover Matrioshka,
Bells are pounding in my heart.
The birchwood is dropping its buds,
Just like the feathers from turtledove's wing.

Like young girl, the accordion laughs.
Threre is a fog over Mother Volga.
The men, as they go all chained, are on the trail
Smolensk - Chita - Magadan.

Shanghai is the capitol of Ural.
Baku became capitol of Siberia.
The Cossack patrol drowns its sorrows in vodka
Over many train stations.

Barge haulers go beside the ditch -
They haul the remains of missiles.
The burry midget shall ressurect
Hearing the bells of Olympic victories.

Like the young girl, the accordion laughs.

The feet are in bast shoes, the bonfire is burning bright.
The blades are singing 'till dawn.
The beggars are happy - they're slaying the rich.
Thus Emelyan Pugachev has returned from France.

Like the young girl, the accordion laughs.

Source translate: url
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 03:38 PM

147 posts, read 100,322 times

Old 05-15-2016, 05:04 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Out of all Europeans they share the most with Russians.
From my perspective, I would have said the Sicilians and Russians are most alike, especially in terms of cruelty to their own.

At any rate, overall I agree with serabal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
[The] list is endless.
Humans are cruel.
It really doesn't matter when, where, race, social group, ideology, whatever other superficial distinguishing characteristic.

Humans are ambiguous creatures, including oft-times cruel to their own and to others.

Good Luck!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:39 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, not when the general population is concerned.

Europeans are watching this show?

Who cares? He did the right thing in Crimea - too bad he didn't bring troops to Eastern Ukraine. That was his major failure I'd say.
His economy is down the toilet and despite bombings of all rebels in Syria, his ally the Bashar "Barrel Bomber" Assad still has not captured Aleppo nor entire Syria.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:53 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
what do you mean?
What do I mean?
Well think about history of Russia; think about serfdom that lasted longer than anywhere in Europe ( and you do understand what slavery is all about,) then think about the massacre in 1905 of the crowd that was trying peacefully to deliver a petition to Tzar, think about the civil war that followed, think about the treatment of those who lost the war, think about all the labor camps, GULAG and how many innocent lives were destroyed. Then think about the WWII and Stalin's refusal to sign the Geneva convention ( not that I think that it would have changed much in the lives of the Russian POWS, but still - even the idea that Russian government would deny them this protection,) then treatment of Russian former POWS that survived the war. Even though Khrushev's - Brezhnev's era was relatively benevolent ( I repeat it again - relatively,) comes the post -Soviet era, and here you hear again; "those of you that can't fit into "new revolutionary market economy" are doomed to die."
And so it goes throughout Russian history.
When Russians are pointing now say, at Americans, the way they treated the Native Americans, or the Black slaves, or the Vietnamese - that's the way they treated the "outsiders."
And that's the difference with Russians, that treat badly first of all their own.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
From my perspective, I would have said the Sicilians and Russians are most alike, especially in terms of cruelty to their own.
In a way - yes. Russian culture is a quite unique criss-cross between "North" and "South" - Russians are the only "Northerners" with the "Southern twist."
So yes, there are certain similarities there too ( I mean if it were none, Russians wouldn't be able to excel in painting for example, built mostly on Italian school.)
But there is more than painting that brings the connection of course, unfortunately...
This is just an example -

The Kushchevskaya Massacre & The Putin Era | A Good Treaty

Quote:
At any rate, overall I agree with serabal ...

It really doesn't matter when, where, race, social group, ideology, whatever other superficial distinguishing characteristic.

Humans are ambiguous creatures, including oft-times cruel to their own and to others.

Good Luck!
No-no, I lived in Russia long enough and I lived in the US long enough to know the difference.
At that, I can't say that my experience in the US was all that good - in fact it was downright horrible; I could be a "poster girl" in this respect for Mr. Putin personally , BUT...I've learned to remain objective and to see a bigger picture.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
His economy is down the toilet
It was quite predictable, because in my opinion Putin continued in many ways the policies of the 90ies, that were designed by "American economists" for the future destruction of Russia, even though on a surface he appeared to be a "savior of the nation on the white horse." Truth to be told, it was quite obvious that the conditions on which Russian so-called "elite" signed the "economic contract" with the West, being entangled in Western banking, precluded them ( Putin including) from too much maneuvering in the political field in not-so-distant future.
So it's bad, but not deadly. He ( Putin that is) will have to look for the alternative routs to deal with the situation. He'll manage I'm sure.

Quote:
and despite bombings of all rebels in Syria, his ally the Bashar "Barrel Bomber" Assad still has not captured Aleppo nor entire Syria.
And your gloating is about what exactly?
That Islamic bozos are still in charge of those areas?

Old 05-15-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
By the way, I came up with an excellent idea. I think Russia is going the wrong way. Instead of cute European songs, we need to use stereotypes about Russia. Let's send the next time Trubetskoy (they are Belarusians, but we will not tell), they are will sing about Putin and Russia the real truth!
Don't even try.
We all know what's going to happen to all those Russophobes...

Old 05-16-2016, 12:35 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Interesting article

80% of Brits would be happy to quit UK for RUSSIA after Putin offers free land

Old 05-16-2016, 02:35 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think a lot of those who answered yes are simply too ignorant about Russia, they would be begging to get back to the UK in no time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe