Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 01:50 PM

147 posts, read 100,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Only Russia has pages and pages of it, and it's going non-stop until now.
Really? Do you know any examples?

Quote:
But that's something from MODERN history of Russia - just an example.
You can read it in Russian too.
Your proofs are criminal histories?
Do you think that criminals in Russia are more cruel than in other countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 03:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
Don't tell me about hungarians. They were more cruel than Germans during the WWII.
Do you know that during the battle for Voronezh that lasted 212 days there was a special nonofficial order not to capture Magyars. That was because of their atrocities.
We've captured 75 000 Germans and no one Magyar from 2 divisions. 160 000 Magyars left dead near Voronezh.

And what about 1956. That's how Magyar thought about democracy

We are not sorry for stopping it.
And neither are you sorry for being paid for this stuff, eh?

Ex-Russian 'troll' wins lawsuit against propaganda 'factory' - BBC News

Inside Russia's pro-Putin troll factory - Sep. 3, 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolls_from_Olgino

Old 05-17-2016, 03:48 PM

147 posts, read 100,260 times
Is it difficult for you to believe that a lot of Russians do support Putin?

The reason of my posting here is to practice in English.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:45 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
Really? Do you know any examples?
Your proofs are criminal histories?
Do you think that criminals in Russia are more cruel than in other countries?
I just gave you an example, to show you the cruelty of Russian life, but you immediately referred to this witnessing as the "criminal story." I have no idea where you find the "criminal story" ( unless we are reading some different texts,) but if the text is the same, why should I waste my time on people in denial?

Old 05-17-2016, 10:12 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I came across this Youtube channel and am wondering if it's officially produced by the Russian govt to help boost their image?

https://www.youtube.com/user/RBTHvideo/featured

They are well done, often it's an interview with an American living in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZO2ld4Gr9s
This particular video is produced by "Russia beyond the headlines"

(I am not sure what's so particular about it? It's a short piece on students' life + some Russian monastery. What did you expect to see? )
I'd be paying more attention at things like that to be honest...)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSfzT7uD5U

Old 05-18-2016, 12:23 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
(I am not sure what's so particular about it? It's a short piece on students' life + some Russian monastery. What did you expect to see? )
I'd be paying more attention at things like that to be honest...)))
I think it's a normal reaction. US lobbying for sanctions against Russia and supported a coup in Ukraine. The Russians have access to the articles in the American press (including NYTimes) and see the propaganda gradient of these articles. It's hard to stay out of politics, when the US president (the most influential person of the most powerful country on earth) is pleased that the Russian economy is torn to shreds. But this reaction is entirely on American politics.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:12 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think it's a normal reaction. US lobbying for sanctions against Russia and supported a coup in Ukraine. The Russians have access to the articles in the American press (including NYTimes) and see the propaganda gradient of these articles. It's hard to stay out of politics, when the US president (the most influential person of the most powerful country on earth) is pleased that the Russian economy is torn to shreds. But this reaction is entirely on American politics.
The whole world is generally happy that the Russian economy is struggling. Right now Russia is very aggressive and expansionist, so a slower economy puts the brakes on Russian empire.

If Russia wants a healthier economy, it's a very simple fix. Russia can re-engage with the global community, and become a working partner with other nations. But if it prefers isolation and aggression, it can expect sanctions to continue, and its economy to suffer.

The simplest fix is that Russia end its invasion/occupation of Crimea/Eastern Ukraine. Putin doesn't even have to apologize to the world, he can just make up some domestic propaganda about "we have settled the situation and protected our vital national interests, so finally can go home" or some other nonsense. Once Russia is out of Crimea/Eastern Ukraine the path to normalcy will be secure.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Once Russia is out of Crimea/Eastern Ukraine the path to normalcy will be secure.
Russia protects the state interests. Each country defends its interests. Russia is not prepared this mess. Russia is only reacted to the actions of the West. It is obvious. Do not touch Russia and Russia will not touch you. NATO moves to the borders with Russia. Russia not to establish military bases in Europe.

And by the way, Putin will not return the Crimea. And subsequent rulers will not return. It is excluded. Russians will not understand such actions. You have to stop living in illusion. But you get the pleasure of living in illusions, because that way you can constantly criticize Russia. Good strategy.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:10 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
And by the way, Putin will not return the Crimea. And subsequent rulers will not return. It is excluded. Russians will not understand such actions. You have to stop living in illusion. But you get the pleasure of living in illusions, because that way you can constantly criticize Russia. Good strategy.
Then Russia will continue to be a pariah state, and will continue to be isolated from the global community.

You cannot invade/annex neighboring states and then expect no global reaction.

Every country on earth recognizes Crimea/Eastern Ukraine as Ukraine, and that won't change. So Russia can choose to be poor and isolated, or they can choose prosperity and engagement. It's a simple choice, with clear outcomes.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Then Russia will continue to be a pariah state, and will continue to be isolated from the global community.

You cannot invade/annex neighboring states and then expect no global reaction.

Every country on earth recognizes Crimea/Eastern Ukraine as Ukraine, and that won't change. So Russia can choose to be poor and isolated, or they can choose prosperity and engagement. It's a simple choice, with clear outcomes.
Russians do not feel isolated. All (around the world) sane people understand the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe