Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 03:13 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Don't even try.
We all know what's going to happen to all those Russophobes...
Not the time to smile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 03:23 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I think a lot of those who answered yes are simply too ignorant about Russia, they would be begging to get back to the UK in no time.
Russia will not let them back!!!

Old 05-16-2016, 04:51 AM

504 posts, read 465,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
By the way you can't call Putin - Vlad.
Vlad - it's a short name of Vladislav.
Oh, I call him another 4 letter word, but it's not one that is permitted on CityData

Begins with "C".

This is quite a good read, btw. Didn't learn anything we didn't already know, but the scale of cronyism and corruption never fails to stagger. I just regret that we have allowed so much of London to fall into the hands of these thugs in sharp suits.

Nothing Is True and Everything Is Possible: Adventures in Modern Russia, review - Telegraph

Old 05-16-2016, 05:07 AM

504 posts, read 465,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Simon Sharp told Express.co.uk: "As soon as I read about it my wife and I discussed it.

"There's a certain amount of romanticism. The idea of going back to nature in such a remote area. It would be down to us to test our mettle.

"There's also definitely disillusionment with the UK, with British life. We're all subservient, we won't know what's going on."

Oh dear, I need to change my underwear. This is a man who thinks moving to Russia is a good idea! What this shows is the level of intelligence of the average Daily Express reader. The story is notable, however, as it failed to link house prices, Lady Diana or the weather - the only subjects with which the pathetic paper ever concerns itself.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 AM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Simon Sharp told Express.co.uk: "As soon as I read about it my wife and I discussed it.

"There's a certain amount of romanticism. The idea of going back to nature in such a remote area. It would be down to us to test our mettle.

"There's also definitely disillusionment with the UK, with British life. We're all subservient, we won't know what's going on."

Oh dear, I need to change my underwear. This is a man who thinks moving to Russia is a good idea! What this shows is the level of intelligence of the average Daily Express reader. The story is notable, however, as it failed to link house prices, Lady Diana or the weather - the only subjects with which the pathetic paper ever concerns itself.
Got to love the dismissiveness of British kind; "the idiots," the level of intelligence," the "pathetic paper."
But even the fact itself that ppl "with stiff upper lip" are already discussing such opportunity is very telling that Great Britain is indeed in trouble. It's a sign of times.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 AM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Not the time to smile!
That's a spirit))))
This guy ( Vasya Lozkin) is a frigging genius)))
As long as this indomitable spirit is alive and well in part of Russians, all is good, the world can sleep well.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:37 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Would be interesting to see how Brits who can't make a fire or don't know the difference between a pine and spruce will manage -30C winters in Khabarovsk Krai.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:11 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Grac View Post
Hello! I live in Russia. I am ready to answer all your questions and at the same time to correct my English. Can talk on any topics about Russia, and I think that some of it will be interesting. Ask questions :
I heard War and Peace is a good book and I bought it on-line not realizing how long it was, I started it, but only got a few pages before realizing I would never have time to finish it, so I read the last couple pages. I guess it's nice that Pierre finds happiness in the end but what happens in the middle bits?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Would be interesting to see how Brits who can't make a fire or don't know the difference between a pine and spruce will manage -30C winters in Khabarovsk Krai.
I think the reports (especially in the Daily Mail) of Brits ready to decamp to the Russ Far East are grossly exaggerated. It's just a flash in the pan--a temporary media sensationalist phenom, good only for selling papers.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:25 PM

147 posts, read 100,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I heard War and Peace is a good book and I bought it on-line not realizing how long it was, I started it, but only got a few pages before realizing I would never have time to finish it, so I read the last couple pages. I guess it's nice that Pierre finds happiness in the end but what happens in the middle bits?

You can watch a film then.

War & Peace (TV Mini-Series 2016) - IMDb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe