Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 01:45 AM

41 posts, read 36,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
How does Russia feel about their hot favourite for Eurovision being pushed into 3rd place by Ukraine, with it's highly political anti-Russian song (and a dreary pile of crap it was) and her asking for the people of Europe to vote for her to show their disgust at where Putin is taking the country?
As for me - I hadn't even watched the EV, and I don't care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:38 AM

147 posts, read 100,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
How does Russia feel about their hot favourite for Eurovision being pushed into 3rd place by Ukraine, .
I'va watched this event. I didn't like Lazarev's song. And I'm not the only one who didn't in Russia.
EV is a political contest. And it always was it.
People vote not for the song but for the country.
I am glad that we are the best by the people opininion.

Ukraininan song is not good either.
Russians say that Jamala has a great voice but her song is not good
And then they ask how could the Ukraine afford to organize such contest? They don't have money for it. They have a frozen civil war at their territory.

I wonder what could you understand from the song of Jamala?
She tells history of deportation of Crimean Tatars.
But she doesn't tell the reasons of such action. The Crimean Tatars supported Nazi during the war.
That was their punishment. And they can claim Stalin for it.

Crimean Tatars are not the angels.
My mother is in Crimea now. And the locals tell her that Crimean Tatars said to them that they would cut all of them. They said that it would be fast and unpainful. That was in 2014

And you need to understand one thing. Russian people do not hate Ukrain. We are sorry for them. They are just pawns in the hands of USA

Last edited by serabal; 05-15-2016 at 07:56 AM..

Old 05-15-2016, 09:59 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
These guys have no support among the Russians. They say that it is Putin's fault, but in fact it is their fault.

+ By the way, Yashin (one of this guys) has not supported the accession of the Crimea. He is a political corpse. The only thing that he can - is be clever in Finland.
Oh, that's Yashin? I thought for a sec that it was... what's his face... - Milonov)))

Old 05-15-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
I'va watched this event. I didn't like Lazarev's song. And I'm not the only one who didn't in Russia.
I saw the dude on FB, and a lot of Russians were casting their doubts regarding him.
His show was good, but if you ask me, the guy has to be MUCH better looking in order to pull this bubblegum off.

Quote:
EV is a political contest. And it always was it.
People vote not for the song but for the country.
I am glad that we are the best by the people opinion.

Ukraininan song is not good either.
Russians say that Jamala has a great voice but her song is not good
No, the song is actually very good too, as good as her voice. But it belongs to its original form. Like this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv71tmv_c7Q

Now it all falls into place. I didn't like much her looks or performance either, and after watching this video - it explains. But voice - yes, her voice is great.

Quote:
And then they ask how could the Ukraine afford to organize such contest? They don't have money for it. They have a frozen civil war at their territory.
They are not much different from Russians and we all know that. Russians often can't afford a lot of things, seemingly. But that doesn't prevent them from putting up a lot of shows in history.

Quote:
I wonder what could you understand from the song of Jamala?
She tells history of deportation of Crimean Tatars.
But she doesn't tell the reasons of such action. The Crimean Tatars supported Nazi during the war.
Yes, that much is true. And in those perilous times there was no ability to sort out who was the potential collaborator, who was not. So they deported them right and left.

Quote:
And you need to understand one thing. Russian people do not hate Ukrain. We are sorry for them. They are just pawns in the hands of USA
Can't argue much with that either.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:22 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Fantastic news from EV. Can't wait to hear the Russian propaganda response.

"It was Obama's fault" "The CIA secretly controls the Eurovision contest" "Blame the Jews" and other Kremlin nonsense is likely over the next few days.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, that much is true. And in those perilous times there was no ability to sort out who was the potential collaborator, who was not. So they deported them right and left.
That was very cruel. I'm not very proud of it.
They could deport them, but not so cruel.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Fantastic news from EV. Can't wait to hear the Russian propaganda response.

"It was Obama's fault" "The CIA secretly controls the Eurovision contest" "Blame the Jews" and other Kremlin nonsense is likely over the next few days.
You don't need any "propaganda response" to see that it was about political choices.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
That was very cruel. I'm not very proud of it.
They could deport them, but not so cruel.
Russia IS a cruel country. Russians can be very kind and generous on one hand, but they can be VERY cruel people on the other. Russian national character is very bi-polar, as I've already said before.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russia IS a cruel country. Russians can be very kind and generous on one hand, but they can be VERY cruel people on the other. Russian national character is very bi-polar, as I've already said before.
We are as cruel as others countries do. It's not a specific character of our country

Old 05-15-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
We are as cruel as others countries do. It's not a specific character of our country
And you know it...how exactly?
Have you lived in other countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe