Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM

147 posts, read 100,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What do I mean?

And that's the difference with Russians, that treat badly first of all their own.
Each contry have it's own bloody pages.

Have you ever seen Instruments of torture in Europe??? We never had so many of them.
What about bloody French Revolution? What abot Civil War in the USA?

You can read it in Russian

Сравнительна я история зверств Запада и Ð*оссии - Patriotka
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 01:23 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
Danes kill dolphis each year.

Russians are not so cruel as a nation.
They didn't erased any nation. But they saved a lot of them.
Mmm; I recall a kid in my grade 6 class in who showed me a picture of him standing behind sandbags watching while his father manning a heavy machine gun against Russian tanks visible in the background that ultimately rolled right over his father. That was Hungary 1956.

Yep, those Russians "saving" nations that are tired of Russian boots being on their throats; an old story.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yep, those Russians "saving" nations that are tired of Russian boots being on their throats; an old story.
Don't tell me about hungarians. They were more cruel than Germans during the WWII.
Do you know that during the battle for Voronezh that lasted 212 days there was a special nonofficial order not to capture Magyars. That was because of their atrocities.
We've captured 75 000 Germans and no one Magyar from 2 divisions. 160 000 Magyars left dead near Voronezh.

And what about 1956. That's how Magyar thought about democracy

We are not sorry for stopping it.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:51 PM

Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
Each contry have it's own bloody pages.
Right, right.
Only Russia has pages and pages of it, and it's going non-stop until now.

Quote:
Have you ever seen Instruments of torture in Europe??? We never had so many of them.
Of course not, because Russia was not on the "front lines" of establishing Christianity in Europe ( and hence - inquisition.) There was nothing wrong with Ivan the Terrible as well and his oprichnina, since he belonged to medieval times. But medieval times are medieval times; other European nations learned their lessons and progressed in this respect. Russia - not so much. And that's where the difference is.

Quote:
What about bloody French Revolution?
What's about it? Isn't it like 1789?

Quote:
What abot Civil War in the USA?
What's about it? Did they ( Americans) sent the Southerners that lost the war to the labor camps, or executed in droves those who didn't manage to escape abroad?

Yep-yep, back to the middle ages, the OLD history of Europe.
But that's something from MODERN history of Russia - just an example.
You can read it in Russian too.

Î ëþäÿõ, êîòîðûå ñðàçó ñòàëè äðóãèìè - Êóëüòóðà - Íîâàÿ Ãàçåòà

Old 05-16-2016, 07:01 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
PS. And about that Putin's photo "going to the next EV in Kiev" - phleease.
Going for what? To negotiate with *Ukrainian partners* the next sale of oil, while Donbass is bombed yet again? ( You know that so-called "truce" is on the paper only, don't you?)
Or what would be any other reason for him going to Kiev?
He can sing all he wants, but did they ever find the money from the so-called "fundraiser" with him being a "guest star" ( yeah, what a great singer ) or those children in hospital are still waiting for them?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:03 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Well. just as I predicted, the Kremlin is blaming the U.S. for Eurovision.

I am so shocked that Putin would blame the U.S. for a silly European singing contest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/wo...-article-click

Old 05-17-2016, 06:55 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Russian regime is cranking up prison terms for internet posts. They started with fines and conditional jail terms, and now it's 4.5 years in prison for the crime of voicing an opinion. May 9th, victory day madness continued its transformation into a full fledged zombie sabbath detached from the events of 1945. A new victory cult is new phenomenon reflecting on the sad state of Russian society.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:11 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well. just as I predicted, the Kremlin is blaming the U.S. for Eurovision.

I am so shocked that Putin would blame the U.S. for a silly European singing contest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/wo...-article-click
Yea, as if the NY Times is some reliable media outlet. As usual with them, they probably changed up some words to match whatever agenda the writer felt at the time, and strategically left out statements to spin the context.

Even the left wing Politico is calling out the NY Times on its lying.

And yea, Russia won the popular vote, so there is that.

In any case, I have no idea why the Russian gov is crying over this, it is a non-issue except for some 13 year old girls.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:32 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Mmm; I recall a kid in my grade 6 class in who showed me a picture of him standing behind sandbags watching while his father manning a heavy machine gun against Russian tanks visible in the background that ultimately rolled right over his father. That was Hungary 1956.

So, in 1956 the USSR crushed a Hungarian revolt, Hungary, a country who a little over a decade earlier joined Germany in the invasion of the USSR; and all of this has to do with Russia today how?

No blame towards the numerous Hungarians who were in fact supporters of the communist system, solicited Soviet support, and were benefactors of the communist system? All the blame on the Soviets, but no blame levied to those Hungarians who assisted in the Soviets having influence in Hungary, and benefited from the communist regime for decades?

And again, all this has to do with Russia today how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe