Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 01:50 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
On May 8, 1945, America and Great Britain had victory over the Nazis!

"America's spirit will always win. In the end, that's what happens."
(c)The White House

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...42411524132865

Looks like I found the rarest photo! American and British soldiers place the Soviet flag over the Reichstag after the fall of Berlin.

https://games.mail.ru/pic/pc/gallery.../90b28ef8.jpeg

It is propaganda and the rewriting of history. Very sad. I'm disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 02:03 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
(c)The White House

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...42411524132865

Looks like I found the rarest photo! American and British soldiers place the Soviet flag over the Reichstag after the fall of Berlin.

https://games.mail.ru/pic/pc/gallery.../90b28ef8.jpeg

It is propaganda and the rewriting of history. Very sad. I'm disappointed.

I wouldn't worry about THAT part Maxim.
Let them think whatever they like, who the" real victor" of that war is.

The bigger concern are the latest attempts to re-write the history by Poland ( and the rest of *Intermarium* -i.e. Eastern Europeans, ) and particularly UKRAINE (the nationalists as usual of course) - well, their latest attempts to claim that Soviet Union was equally responsible for unleashing this war along with Nazi Germany.

Germans made a very honorable and decent thing recently, stating that Germany and Germany alone was responsible for unleashing this war.
I think at this point they understand the possible consequences, if the historic truth is going to be twisted.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What does Poland have planned? It's an aggressive power, they've meddled in Belarus and Ukraine both. This is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mvNfkx210

Yet again - I wouldn't worry about the "Intermarium" or "Third Europe" or however one can call it.

The contest between Russia and Poland ( or Catholic "Commonwealth" as it has been called back then,) has been settled already back in the 17th century, when Poland tried to claim Russian throne ( and diminish Russian Orthodox state even more) back in the "Time of Troubles."

Prince Pozharsky and citizen Minin attested to that.

The Third Rome ( i.e. Russia) is still standing.
The attempt to replace it with the "Third Reich" didn't work out, (basically that's what today's Victory Day is all about,) and "Third Europe" suggested by Poland is an unrealistic project, unless the US would agree to do the Polish bidding and to go in direct arm conflict with Russia - that much is clear.

What I found interesting though ( yet again) is while watching the "Caspian reports," I came across an interesting piece of information, that I've missed, since I never really followed the events in Asian part of the world.
Yet there it was - the reaction of American corporate Democrats to certain actions of China. ( Or rather - the absence of such.)
Watch from the 7:29 the Chinese takeover of some strategic point in the sea, that used to belong to Philippines. And Obama's reaction to THAT.

( We have to remember that it was Bill Clinton's push that brought China into WTO, and it was Hillary Clinton that was sitting on the board of directors of the Wall-Mart corporation, which is all about China yet again.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcFiJwpvmq0&t=528s

And then, of course, compare it to American reaction to Russia's takeover of Crimea, which is historically the utmost strategic point to Russia.
(Of course here we have to remember that it involves Ukraine - yet another anti-Russian project that the corporate Democrats were concocting already for long time.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJZbS3hwGuU

Last edited by erasure; 05-09-2020 at 05:03 PM..

Old 05-09-2020, 04:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Considering the predisposition of those Polish officers I would not have let them go. Why? They would have shown up at a later date in a German uniform.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Considering the predisposition of those Polish officers I would not have let them go. Why? They would have shown up at a later date in a German uniform.

While it's true that practically all "Intermarium" ( i.e. Eastern Europe) were Hitler's allies/minions, in case of Poland in particular - there was no danger of Polish officers wearing German uniforms, I don't believe so. ( Finns, Balts - yes, very possible.)

What Stalin suspected I think, is that Polish government ( the one in exile) wanted Great Britain ( and possibly the US) to do their bidding, which would have complicated Russia's situation even more.

That's why he ( Stalin that is) wanted to make damn sure that Polish army ( and future Polish state) were as weak and subservient to Russia as possible.
And that's where the Katyn massacre came from.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yet again - I wouldn't worry about the "Intermarium" or "Third Europe" or however one can call it.

The contest between Russia and Poland ( or Catholic "Commonwealth" as it has been called back then,) has been settled already back in the 17th century, when Poland tried to claim Russian throne ( and diminish Russian Orthodox state even more) back in the "Time of Troubles."

The attempt to replace it with the "Third Reich" didn't work out, (basically that's what today's Victory Day is all about,) and "Third Europe" suggested by Poland is an unrealistic project, unless the US would agree to do the Polish bidding and to go in direct arm conflict with Russia - that much is clear.

What I found interesting though ( yet again) is while watching the "Caspian reports," I came across an interesting piece of information, that I've missed, since I never really followed the events in Asian part of the world.
Yet there it was - the reaction of American corporate Democrats to certain actions of China. ( Or rather - the absence of such.)
Watch from the 7:29 the Chinese takeover of some strategic point in the sea, that used to belong to Philippines. And Obama's reaction to THAT.

( We have to remember that it was Bill Clinton's push that brought China into WTO, and it was Hillary Clinton that was sitting on the board of directors of the Wall-Mart corporation, which is all about China yet again.)

And then, of course, compare it to American reaction to Russia's takeover of Crimea, which is historically the utmost strategic point to Russia.
(Of course here we have to remember that it involves Ukraine - yet another anti-Russian project that the corporate Democrats were concocting already for long time.)

I think Poland has an itch to scratch. I don't think some of the minds there have forgotten about those glory days of the PLC and the assets that came with it.
Hitler was not the first person who had certain ideas. His particular kind of expansionist thinking when staring into the morning sun has went through many minds.
We just need to remember that it only takes a few of those minds to drag a continent and the world into war.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I think Poland has an itch to scratch. I don't think some of the minds there have forgotten about those glory days of the PLC and the assets that came with it.

From little that I know, Polish so-called class of "intelligentsia" is not all that different from Russians.

I don't know about the rest, and I have no idea what's going on through the mind of their government.

It's not the country I am well familiar with.

Quote:
Hitler was not the first person who had certain ideas. His particular kind of expansionist thinking when staring into the morning sun has went through many minds.
We just need to remember that it only takes a few of those minds to drag a continent and the world into war.
I still think that Hitler is a particular case.

Normally, when you think of wars, it's all about the expansion and subjugation.
In Hitler's case it was all about "replacement" and racial ideas that go all the way to the bible.
He was thinking about himself as some kind of "messiah" more than anything - that's what it looks like, and that's why this war scarred/affected Russians and shaped their global outlook/mindset for years to come.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:22 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,309 times
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about THAT part Maxim.
Let them think whatever they like, who the" real victor" of that war is.

The bigger concern are the latest attempts to re-write the history by Poland ( and the rest of *Intermarium* -i.e. Eastern Europeans, ) and particularly UKRAINE (the nationalists as usual of course) - well, their latest attempts to claim that Soviet Union was equally responsible for unleashing this war along with Nazi Germany.

Germans made a very honorable and decent thing recently, stating that Germany and Germany alone was responsible for unleashing this war.
I think at this point they understand the possible consequences, if the historic truth is going to be twisted.

https://i.redd.it/w7a36x3awxx41.jpg

Old 05-11-2020, 01:17 AM

Quote:

P.S. OMG I feel so avenged. Corporate Democrats in action.

Bill Clinton again.

On his watch. ( All while he was "fighting Communism" in Russia - yeah right. )

( And other things that I've been talking about for long time regarding China.
It's here, in nice details. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuAk6eaZBFM

Old 05-11-2020, 12:16 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,502 times
Quote:
While it's true that practically all "Intermarium" ( i.e. Eastern Europe) were Hitler's allies/minions, in case of Poland in particular - there was no danger of Polish officers wearing German uniforms, I don't believe so. ( Finns, Balts - yes, very possible.)

What Stalin suspected I think, is that Polish government ( the one in exile) wanted Great Britain ( and possibly the US) to do their bidding, which would have complicated Russia's situation even more.

That's why he ( Stalin that is) wanted to make damn sure that Polish army ( and future Polish state) were as weak and subservient to Russia as possible.
And that's where the Katyn massacre came from.
Well, yes there is still quite a widespread perception among certain nationalist circles of the "Intermarians" that being Hitler's allies / participating in the II ww war in the German forces the right thing/less bad thing was done and there is quite a widespread attitude that seeks to downplay the USSR's victory. Unfortunately, the criminal nature of Hitler's Nazism is sometimes not fully understood. (There are also those who do not even want to do it, but I do not recommend drawing too many general conclusions from it.) Hitler had no intention of freeing these countries from the sphere of influence of the USSR and Hitler simply took advantage of the nationalism of these peoples. I do not know when the view of the history of World War II, which has spread to the West and the rest of the world and, of course, to Russia, will reach out to these "Intermarium" people.

----------

Thinking about the 9th May, I know that this is the biggest national holiday of the Russian people. Possible that Putin's propaganda seems to have taken advantage of Victory Day, but in the end it does not diminish the importance of it.
There's a song that I always associate with that, and that's one of the first things that comes to mind when someone tells me the keyword "May 9".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnn-yTmYWxs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_Pobedy

No one performs this song as well as this man here and I like this old original version of 1975 of this certainly outstanding song the most. ( There's something "haunting" in the melody of this song - once you've heard it, you won't forget it.)

Last edited by Anhityk; 05-11-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe