Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 05:53 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

So I'm watching the "60 minutes" today, and Russians look bewildered ( or rather the host of the program is.)
So apparently looking at the skyrocketing number of deaths in US from Covid, the US government finds nothing better than to point finger in Russian direction and to say "No, we don't have the highest number of deaths in the US, it's just Russia is "at it" again and doesn't tell the truth how many people are dying there."
And it offers ( listen to that,) quarter of million $$ grant to anyone who is willing to prove it.

Don't believe me?

Here it is - I checked.

So the host of the program ( genuinely bewildered) is asking "What do people somewhere in Colorado care how many Russians died from Covid? What good does it do for them?"

Good question.
WTH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jVIH1VanQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 06:24 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim Frolov.

Tell me it's part of the business district ( somewhere Krasnay Presnya) and not part of the "center of Moscow," or I will explode.
This is Belorusskaya metro station.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Храм_Николы_Чудотворца_у_Тв ерской_заставы

https://www.google.ru/maps/@55.77777...7i13312!8i6656

Old 05-26-2020, 07:29 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
I was sure I was there before. That station is where you catch the train to Smolenck, Minck and points west.
I also wandered the area for about 2 hours once looking for the office of a logistics company. No one had any idea where it was. I finally talked to an old man in a cobbler shop who took me to the place. Just a door with no sign or number that I had walked by several times. My first experience with the Russian address system.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I was sure I was there before. That station is where you catch the train to Smolenck, Minck and points west.
I also wandered the area for about 2 hours once looking for the office of a logistics company. No one had any idea where it was. I finally talked to an old man in a cobbler shop who took me to the place. Just a door with no sign or number that I had walked by several times. My first experience with the Russian address system.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:49 AM

btw, does anyone remember landing on the Moon?
Did you really watch it live on TV and worry?
Do you remember how your day was at that moment?

Old 05-26-2020, 07:59 AM

I only remember a few things. I was really young then and from 1972 until 1980 there was no " idiot box" allowed in the home. It was a big thing in school.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:01 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Just days after Russian air defenses were destroyed by Ukrainian/Turkish drones in Libya, Russian forces have been evacuated from the Tripolia area of Libya where they have been supporting a siege against the Libyan capital. Seems the UN backed government has been winning ground lately since they picked the right side to help them.

I hope they got their dumb Migs out of there too. They painted over their insignia so they should be shot down on sight. Otherwise Libyans should be prepared for a bombing run on their hospitals.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:15 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
As a side note I may be as anti-russia as Hitler but it's also true America supports terrorists which makes them far from saints, example: Very disturbing and also +21 I just watched a video of terrorists in Cameron who gun down mothers with their children, and the worst: The US government confirmed they're ok with the government of Cameron.

If someone wants the video just google it or dm me but it's too grotesque to put it like this on internet forum open to everyone.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Just days after Russian air defenses were destroyed by Ukrainian/Turkish drones in Libya, Russian forces have been evacuated from the Tripolia area of Libya where they have been supporting a siege against the Libyan capital. Seems the UN backed government has been winning ground lately since they picked the right side to help them.

I hope they got their dumb Migs out of there too. They painted over their insignia so they should be shot down on sight. Otherwise Libyans should be prepared for a bombing run on their hospitals.
Got a good source for what is going on there? Not a lot of time to look into it.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

You do realize those MIGs could have come from many countries don't you DKM? The pics I just looked at are pretty ambiguous too.

Last edited by Scrat335; 05-26-2020 at 07:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe