Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 04:53 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think they must find horses.

https://youtu.be/l8yaXOrmqVE
Something similar happened in our country in the early 90s, when the US was our best friends and advisers and everything was falling apart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 03:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Something similar happened in our country in the early 90s, when the US was our best friends and advisers and everything was falling apart
I do not think so. The USSR collapsed because many people were opposed to the political system. It was an ideological defeat. In the US, monkeys of all colors and kids just rob shops and play revolutionaries. I think that tough guys in bulletproof vests will post slaps them in 10 minutes and all these robbers will scatter like cockroaches.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:23 PM

Nothing new. Again, Russians are to blame.

Quote:
Listen to
@AmbassadorRice
back in October talk about Russia's efforts to exacerbate & exploit our differences, leading to exactly the kind of chaos that is tearing our nation apart.

She really gets the big picture & would be perfect to help lead us out of this mess.
https://twitter.com/justinonymus/sta...20479442460681

Old 06-03-2020, 03:26 PM

But this time we introduced agents in both warring parties.

https://i.ibb.co/2FQ1Ysy/photo-2020-06-04-00-23-53.jpg

(inscription "Russia")

ps: Hopefully I won’t ruin this guy’s career with my post.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
It is video where a former policeman talks about the reasons for the event (Russian language). He worked for many years as a police officer in Oakland (San Francisco), now retired.

https://youtu.be/kgKy41Rklnk

Old 06-03-2020, 09:37 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
But this time we introduced agents in both warring parties.

https://i.ibb.co/2FQ1Ysy/photo-2020-06-04-00-23-53.jpg

(inscription "Russia")

ps: Hopefully I won’t ruin this guy’s career with my post.
Don't worry. This guy has been discussed on Reddit for a long time.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
I think that tough guys in bulletproof vests will post slaps them in 10 minutes and all these robbers will scatter like cockroaches.
Hm.

https://youtu.be/9eHOIwb7pHI

Old 06-04-2020, 01:09 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
I do not think so. The USSR collapsed because many people were opposed to the political system. It was an ideological defeat. In the US, monkeys of all colors and kids just rob shops and play revolutionaries. I think that tough guys in bulletproof vests will post slaps them in 10 minutes and all these robbers will scatter like cockroaches.
The fact that people were dissatisfied with the political system is not a reason, but rather one of the secondary reasons.But it was much deeper.People stopped believing in themselves and their country for a while.And everything else is secondary. And Trains began to Rob, at the beginning of the mess, which I wrote about.Of course, in the US, everything happens in its own way and with its own characteristics. But Max, history is spiraling , it's always been that way.Guess where the loop is now in America?

Old 06-04-2020, 09:49 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:

You don't understand what's going on here Maxim?

No you won't, because that cop in your video in Russian represents only ONE point of view, the kind he supports himself, but there is yet another point of view in America, which is widely spread, represented on governmental level and thus strongly and legally supported by another part of the society.

And THAT's the major difference between Democratic Western societies ( US including) and authoritarian societies (Russia.) The working multi-party system.

I know that Putin's propaganda machine made a darn good job to convince Russians that there is no difference between Russia and Western democracies, but no, THERE IS a difference, big time.
And without knowing all these details, it's difficult to understand what you see in this video I suppose, ( instead of *predictable scenario* in your mind, when the governmental force is involved.)

Old 06-04-2020, 01:46 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
That difference is what's behind these protests. Americans hold their government accountable. We double down when the government resists this. Police are an instrument of the government. In Russia, authorities tell people what to do and they try to pick a position that most people agree to so its works for them. Its slave mentality vs independent mentality.

We will make policy and political changes as a result of this mini revolt. That's how this system works. To a person raised in authoritarian world, they see chaos where we see beneficial change. Their TV and propaganda networks push cases of criminality to imply we are in chaos like their 90s where the reality on the ground here is 99% of the country is now peaceful and getting back to figuring out how to recover from the virus situation.

But Putin will keep pushing his "stability" doctrine as he consolidates power for life this summer. And Russians will continue to get poorer as their government stimulus was mostly for compensating oil companies for the production slowdown (but this was a good policy for the nation overall). It just seems odd to me that they aren't in the streets demanding better than having a rich country but poor personal outlooks. If police in the USA acted like Russian police, for example stealing money from the budget or shakedowns on the highway, we would be protesting more than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe