Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2020, 01:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

This guy calls it as he sees it.

https://www.rt.com/russia/501041-nav...a-credibility/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 03:49 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OK, so no facts, just usual general phrases.

To do WHAT exactly?!
I can't even understand what you are saying here.
So you are not even following the situation at all here. of course, because your job is to push the regime propaganda about why Germany is threatening to cancel NS2. Their foriegn minister made it very clear that it is related to Russia's refusal to cooperate in the investigation. Same thing with Ukraine's sanctions, Russia fought for years to conceal that the sanctions were for its war in the Donbas. Same with Olympics, they are banned from it because they refused to share data from athletes samples. On and on, they block investigations and then turn around the reasons for sanctions as some conspiracy instead for the actions they keep doing.

Old 09-18-2020, 06:31 PM

Tedious.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:54 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
So you are not even following the situation at all here. of course, because your job is to push the regime propaganda about why Germany is threatening to cancel NS2. Their foriegn minister made it very clear that it is related to Russia's refusal to cooperate in the investigation.

Huh?
No, I follow the events more or less, what I don't understand though, is what kind of "cooperation" and what kind of "blocking" we are talking about here.

So from what I understood, Germans found something ( whatever they found,) which makes them claim that they have the "full proof that it's all Russian government fault."
So the Russian government is telling them "OK then, send us your findings - lab results and so on," to which Germans are basically saying "No we are not going to send you anything, because you will deny our findings/twist them to your own liking. But let's continue with investigation."

And now it's the Russians that are "blocking the investigation."
That's what I've heard so far.

Now please DO tell me what I am missing here.

Quote:
Same thing with Ukraine's sanctions, Russia fought for years to conceal that the sanctions were for its war in the Donbas.
Russia "fought for years to conceal?"
Why would it make any difference?
If it were not sanctions for Donbass, it would have been sanctions for Crimea, if it were not for Crimea, then it would have been for Osessia.

As I've already mentioned, in order to not to deal with all this nonsense, Russia has to have someone like Stalin at helm, not Putin with his "liberal economy."

Quote:
Same with Olympics, they are banned from it because they refused to share data from athletes samples. On and on, they block investigations and then turn around the reasons for sanctions as some conspiracy instead for the actions they keep doing.
Oh I am sure that whatever you call "conspiracy," plays certain part in it all.

I am sure that the West is not squeaky clean in these matters as well - it just assumed the role of the "righteous one," and tries to boss Russians around, getting more and more aggressive in the process.

And the reason it can do that, is precisely the one I mentioned before - that part of the Russian "elite" ( so-called "New Russians,") sold itself to Western interests.
Once you get hooked, it's very difficult to wiggle out of this situation, because every time you make the "wrong step," ( according to the West,) you are immediately threatened with repercussions.

And that's why I already pointed out that Putin is not Stalin.
Someone like Stalin would have never tried to bargain Donbass for Crimea - he would have taken both, and fast.

Which was the only right thing to do under the circumstances, to stomp the Nazi out right away, so that they wouldn't be multiplying like roaches.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:46 AM

Stephen Cohen has died. Age 81. One less sane voice in the world.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:54 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russians move to second place in all of Europe in car sales. Germany is first.

https://www.rt.com/business/500274-e...st-car-market/
Lada Granta and Lada Vesta are the best-selling models. The base price of the former is around 6,200 EUR . I feel sorry for the poor customers .

Old 09-19-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Lada Granta and Lada Vesta are the best-selling models. The base price of the former is around 6,200 EUR . I feel sorry for the poor customers .

I wanted to feel sorry for them too, until I went and checked the reviews - both on Lada Granta and Lada Vesta.

(Both over 1,000 reviews)

I expected it to be around 3 the most on average, but it's actually solid 4 for both, with both pluses and minuses that people describe.

Overall they are saying that it's a good family car and a good first car for young people.

So if Russians could come up with something that serves the purpose, affordable, that's Russian-made and keeps their economy going - that's the way to go.

Good for them.

Last edited by erasure; 09-19-2020 at 12:55 PM..

Old 09-19-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I wanted to feel sorry for them too, until I went and checked the reviews - both on Lada Granta and Lada Vesta.

(Both over 1,000 reviews)

I expected it to be around 3 the most on average, but it's actually solid 4 for both, with both pluses and minuses that people describe.

Overall they are saying that it's a good family car and a good first car for young people.

So if Russians could come up with something that serves the purpose, affordable, that's Russian-made and keeps their economy going - that's the way to go.

Good for them.

P.S. Sorry - I looked closer; no, looks more like 7 out of 10 on average.

Still not bad.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:29 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctIb...ature=youtu.be

From good news for me. in my city, very close to my home (15 minutes by car). construction of a new 10,000-seat sports arena is being completed. )) The bloody regime of ruthless ! )))

Old 09-21-2020, 02:20 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post

м
мhttps://i.ibb.co/5W121qj/photo-2020-08-26-08-50-56.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe