Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 08:57 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia preparing to dump the dollar and Western controlled payment systems.

https://tass.com/politics/1277021

Is it about SWIFT?
Because that's what Russia is constantly threatened with - "if you dare to attack Ukrainian Army in Donbass, we'll cut you off from Swift."
That kind of thing.

Oh my...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 09:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
I will never forget the episode in Georgia. I went to bed thinking it would take 3 weeks and woke up late the next morning and when I checked the news the Georgian army had ceased to exist as an effective fighting force.

That dope with his tie is just classic.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Is it about SWIFT?
Because that's what Russia is constantly threatened with - "if you dare to attack Ukrainian Army in Donbass, we'll cut you off from Swift."
That kind of thing.

Oh my...
China is working with Russia and other countries also. They want to be done with Swift.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:19 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Is it about SWIFT?
That kind of thing.

Oh my...

Russia has long had your own Swift - the Financial message transmission system. If suddenly these idiots still decide to disconnect Russia from Swift, then the only thing that this can lead to is some problems with settlements with foreign counterparties.It's a double-edged sword. How will they then buy Russian grain, oil and gas? But I think the Chinese will be only too happy to provide their own platforms for these purposes.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1...BD%D0%B8%D0%B9

As of mid-2018, the SPFS users were more than 400 organizations-mainly Russian banks (almost all regions of Russia are represented)[1]. Thus, the number of Russian SPFS users exceeded the number of Russian SWIFT participants[2].

Old 04-12-2021, 09:23 PM

Then there's this episode. Dragged from a rooftop in Kiev.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1DnQ0AeUpE

Old 04-12-2021, 09:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
what I would like to see or rather eat is Russian fish,all thetime we keep complaining of farmed salmon,tilapia and mercury,they have great seafood-the sturgeon and other fish and King crabs,why cant they send us some?
I may have seen frozen King CRAB LEGS from the RUSSIAN side of the water across from Alaska in a middle Eastern Supermarket called Phoenician Market in Houston .only once.
I bet their seafood is not polluted

Old 04-12-2021, 09:37 PM

Well good to hear that Russia is ready ( if necessary) to take the necessary steps as it was in case with Georgia.

Because when I am watching the news, and when *Ukraine* is blowing children to pieces, or brings the heavy weapons to the front line and destroys the civilian infrastructure there, there is a deafening silence coming from the West; "Nope, we haven't heard anything, we haven't seen anything."
But when Russia finally makes a move - OMG, what howling it brings.

Enough is enough already.

I can't see those people being killed any longer.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
what I would like to see or rather eat is Russian fish,all thetime we keep complaining of farmed salmon,tilapia and mercury,they have great seafood-the sturgeon and other fish and King crabs,why cant they send us some?
I may have seen frozen King CRAB LEGS from the RUSSIAN side of the water across from Alaska in a middle Eastern Supermarket called Phoenician Market in Houston .only once.
I bet their seafood is not polluted

Huh?
Why wouldn't it be not polluted?

( But yes I miss sturgeon cooked "Moscow style" and smoked fish, both "cold smoked and hot smoked."
I guess I need to make it to the Russian stores one of these days... ( Damn they are too far from me)))

Old 04-12-2021, 09:43 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
You guys need to find new hobbies. Big bad Pooty isn't going to invade Ukraine. His bluff failed. Ukraine wasn't destabilized by his show of force. What will he try next? Nobody knows... Throw another tantrum I guess.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You guys need to find new hobbies. Big bad Pooty isn't going to invade Ukraine. His bluff failed.

He was never interested to begin with.

But if the crazies will get the wrong ideas...
( And they might by the sound of it.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe