Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 12:20 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
DKM just trolls on this subject. He should become a politician. All he has to offer is nonsense.

Anyway the proportion of the population which would support a Russian invasion in eastern Ukraine is very high. 80%? This would make a Russian invasion very easy on one hand but potentially very chaotic and costly in civilian lives.

That's a reason Russia is hesitant so far. Todays weapons are terribly destructive and when a Grad rocket leaves its launcher it does not discriminate between civilian or soldier.

The Ukronazis would cause huge problems too.
This is absolutely false. They are ready to kill invaders and float their bodies down the Dnieper. I would really hate to see this lie become some sort of truth in Russian minds and they march in expecting some rewards. It would be a bloodbath... None of you calling for war know anybody in the Southeast of Ukraine. Again, this would be a big mistake and the last mistake a lot of Russian soldiers would make. I still think they know more than you do and realize the danger of this idea. Luhansk would be a different story, but all of Eastern Ukraine no way. I cannot overestimate the level of violence those in Kharkov to Zaporozhye are ready to inflict on invaders.

People defending their cities from Russian invaders are not nazis no matter how many times you guys use that stupid title to describe anyone against Kremlin control. Calling me a Nazi is equally stupid and shows how angry Russians are getting that this latest provocation isn't generating the response they wanted. They will act like nazis though if your troops try to force their way in. Worse even...

Fortunately for all, Russia is not going to invade. They are simply trying to destabilize Ukraine and its failing. Propaganda victories only.

Last edited by DKM; 04-14-2021 at 12:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 12:49 PM
DKM

Another fantasy post. No hope for Russia if this represents their world view. Russia's role in the world economy is to sell the developed countries raw materials. Russia's fortunes depend on the quantity and price of those materials delivered. That's it, quite simple.

As a result of hostile foreign policy making trade a non-priority, Russia's economy has been stagnant for the past 10 years now. People seem to be okay with that, while those pointing out those connected to the top get all the money are occasionally killed or imprisoned.

1. It's army is in no way comparable to NATO's. Not even remotely close.

2. Food independence, this is false if you believe Russia no longer imports food.

3. You really think 80% of Russian roads are totally renewed? You have an interesting way of measurement. But okay, they are mostly in an adequate state. Congrats! What advantage does this give?

4. Already had energy infrastructure.

5. Never going to happen. There is no market for or demand for Russian manufactured goods except in captive economies, like those under sanctions or some former republics. Problem is, the purchasing power of those including Russians is small, so there is no growth possible here.

6. Is this a joke? You can't just pour money in. There are no laws protecting ideas in Russia, so nobody with half a brain will invent anything useful there.

Thanks to this hostility, Russia's main customer - Europe - is starting to see why they need to wean themselves off of Russian energy. This happens to conflate with their climate goals.

Last edited by Yac; 04-15-2021 at 12:07 AM..

Old 04-14-2021, 01:07 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This is absolutely false. They are ready to kill invaders and float their bodies down the Dnieper. I would really hate to see this lie become some sort of truth in Russian minds and they march in expecting some rewards. It would be a bloodbath... None of you calling for war know anybody in the Southeast of Ukraine. Again, this would be a big mistake and the last mistake a lot of Russian soldiers would make. I still think they know more than you do and realize the danger of this idea. Luhansk would be a different story, but all of Eastern Ukraine no way. I cannot overestimate the level of violence those in Kharkov to Zaporozhye are ready to inflict on invaders.

People defending their cities from Russian invaders are not nazis no matter how many times you guys use that stupid title to describe anyone against Kremlin control. Calling me a Nazi is equally stupid and shows how angry Russians are getting that this latest provocation isn't generating the response they wanted. They will act like nazis though if your troops try to force their way in. Worse even...
Maybe we'll see if I am right. Biden called Putin out of the blue. Seems the mighty US war fleet was not scheduled to enter the Black Sea after all? Maybe Biden called to buy time?

Zelensky seems confused, he doesn't know which set of orders to follow from DC because it seems there's different factions all pulling his strings in different directions. He talked **** about kicking butt and taking back Crimea and Donbas by force, begged the EU and America for funds and support and got words while the Russians acted to prevent more deaths.

Recent info on Russian deployments besides the 50 tactical brigades is 3 regiments of the RuAF and 2 airborne assault divisions on high alert with 2 divisions of tactical missile troops.

Putin lets them off the leash they might just be sunning themselves on the Dneipre in 3 days, not 3 weeks.

And DKM, your gangs of hoodlums and gopniki are just that. They aren't going to put up much of a fight other than to be the first over a bridge heading WEST. That' a fact and if the real Ukrainian citizens don't string them up from bridges they'll be lucky. Terrorizing people does not win their loyalty. Only their hatred.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:26 PM
DKM

I don't know why Ze created the Crimea forum. I suspect political reasons to support the Tatars in Ukraine? To make a show? I don't know a single person in southern Ukraine who ever cares about rejoining Crimea... so who cares? If you are saying this was Ze's mistake I would agree.

We'll just have to disagree on the hypothetical invasion scenario. Maybe the Russian army is very effective at taking and holding land and would defeat Ukraine's defenses more easily than I predict. That could be possible. I believe that the defender has enormous advantages in a land war. Where you are wrong is the zeal at which eastern Ukrainians would resist. So it all depends on capability, not motivation.

You don't know people there. Right now they are feeling terrorized by Russian rhetoric about "denazifying" them, meaning killing off all opposed to Russian control. Russia needs the denazification. In any case, their loyalty is to their home and it would bring a lot of death to both sides. Enough so that I am comfortable knowing Putin wouldn't dare try. He only wants to move on something he would win. An attack on the north side of luhansk would work. Ukraine's army would withdraw towards Kharkov pretty quick and only fight a rearguard action. Most of the army in Luhansk are from the Kharkov area...

Old 04-14-2021, 01:31 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
I don't know why Ze created the Crimea forum. I suspect political reasons to support the Tatars in Ukraine? To make a show? I don't know a single person in southern Ukraine who ever cares about rejoining Crimea... so who cares? If you are saying this was Ze's mistake I would agree.

We'll just have to disagree on the hypothetical invasion scenario. Maybe the Russian army is very effective at taking and holding land and would defeat Ukraine's defenses more easily than I predict. That could be possible. I believe that the defender has enormous advantages in a land war. Where you are wrong is the zeal at which eastern Ukrainians would resist. So it all depends on capability, not motivation.

You don't know people there. Right now they are feeling terrorized by Russian rhetoric about "denazifying" them, meaning killing off all opposed to Russian control. Russia needs the denazification. In any case, their loyalty is to their home and it would bring a lot of death to both sides. Enough so that I am comfortable knowing Putin wouldn't dare try. He only wants to move on something he would win. An attack on the north side of luhansk would work. Ukraine's army would withdraw towards Kharkov pretty quick and only fight a rearguard action. Most of the army in Luhansk are from the Kharkov area...
No he owns the apartment in Crimea - his wife is still paying for it.
He wants it back))

So NATO to the rescue)))

Old 04-14-2021, 01:48 PM
DKM

A sign of great Russian development
https://twitter.com/znak_com/status/1381977979849347075

Люди, пугавшие возвращением 90-Ñ…, вернули в наÑтоÑщее Ñредневековье.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:07 PM

168 posts, read 128,808 times
Quote:
A sign of great Russian development
https://twitter.com/znak_com/status/1381977979849347075

Люди, пугавшие возвращением 90-Ñ…, вернули в наÑтоÑщее Ñредневековье.

https://www.znak.com/2021-04-14/vlas...ezaet_pavodkom

Old 04-14-2021, 02:50 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Another fantasy post. No hope for Russia if this represents their world view. Russia's role in the world economy is to sell the developed countries raw materials. Russia's fortunes depend on the quantity and price of those materials delivered. That's it, quite simple.
You have a monumental ignorance about how the economy works for a currency issuing sovereign country that pretty much has any amount of energy and raw material under the sun...zero..
Russia does not need dollars, euros and whatever, its budget does not "rely" on energy sales (sovereign currency issuing currency do not need to borrow or taxing to fund programs)...this is still, in part, the real weakness of Russia, some of the mandarins dictating economic policy still rely on this nonsense...I guess still some leftover from the 1990s.

Here, educate yourself once and for all about the operational realities of the finances of the Government of Russia, similar to all other sovereign currency issuers with debt denominated in their own currency.
From the research department of the Bank of Russia. It will take half hour of your time (if you are familiar with accounting concepts) and will prevent you from spouting nonsense over and over again.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...RY_SOVEREIGNTY

Quote:
1. It's army is in no way comparable to NATO's. Not even remotely close.
Please stop it.....you are going to make my stomach hurt from laughing...pretty much any war games run by western military think thanks concluded that in, God forbid, a conflict situation, NATO would get its ass handed to them....assuming they would be willing to fight in the first place which is a big if (recent Ukraine events being a good hint where Putin went from "killer" to "let's talk together" at the drop of a hat).

Quote:
2. Food independence, this is false if you believe Russia no longer imports food.
It is definitely true for some food (no bananas in Russia) and it's not really necessary because they can always trade and there are many countries willing to trade with Russia.

Quote:
3. You really think 80% of Russian roads are totally renewed? You have an interesting way of measurement. But okay, they are mostly in an adequate state. Congrats! What advantage does this give?
Next time some country in the wonderful West can build something like the Crimea bridge within the timeline it was built let me know...in Seattle they are still "monitoring the situation" almost two years after they discovered cracks and shut down the West Seattle bridge....barely half mile in length and a major urban artery.

Quote:
5. Never going to happen. There is no market for or demand for Russian manufactured goods except in captive economies, like those under sanctions or some former republics. Problem is, the purchasing power of those including Russians is small, so there is no growth possible here.
At least here you are kinda of halfway correct only regarding to consumer goods...again, a leftover ideological cage from the 1990s when "The West is the best" was the motto.....Russia makes a lot of high tech products (nuclear energy, armaments, etc...) not many consumer products.

Quote:
6. Is this a joke? You can't just pour money in. There are no laws protecting ideas in Russia, so nobody with half a brain will invent anything useful there.
No, the joke is on you...Russia is probably in the top 3 spots after the US in terms of innovative software companies and services.....I could literally (I use them in some circumstances) use only Russian services for all my daily internet/social media needs (multimedia, searching, geo-location services, various apps, etc...)
People were shocked to see the level of IT services in Moscow or St. Petersburg...it puts Seattle to shame, one of the presumed IT capitals of the US.

Last edited by saturno_v; 04-14-2021 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-14-2021, 03:11 PM
DKM

I wasn't talking about software or IT services. My congratulations on Russia's other fine achievements. None of these are reasons or excuses to lash out at Ukraine at the moment. Its just sad that this is Putin's reaction to Ukraine rejecting his desires.

Hmm let's see, we're worried about Ukraine joining NATO. Oh, I know, let's threaten them with military force! yes, that will make them not want to join a defensive pact! Brilliant and pathetic.

Keep on moving the army around and shooting targets pretending they are western invaders. Great, what a show. NATO isn't scared by this even one bit but okay, pretend all you want that they are. Okay Biden wants to talk with Putin. What an achievement, while driving your customers away from wanting more deals with your economy of selling resources.

Turkey says they will keep supporting Ukraine to defend itself. Putin bans Russians from going to Turkey now. Great, that was the last half civilized place Russians could visit. I'm sure they are all glad to be allowed to continue trips to Egypt though.

Its just sad, a declining state lashing out in anger like this. Nothing good will come of it, except for Putin getting more Russians to support him against an imminent attack that was never going to happen. Punishing average Russians and blaming it on the west AGAIN. They never learn do they...

Old 04-14-2021, 03:19 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
against an imminent attack that was never going to happen.
Maybe or maybe not.....in doubt, better safe than sorry...and it worked, now Old Joe "wants to talk"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe