Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Why post this on the Russian thread then? Hoping to convince yourself this is equivalent to Russian police beating people just for wanting fair elections?
Fair elections? Are you saying America has fair elections?

You're out of your league.

Americas have a choice between one self serving idiot and another. A choice not made by them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 06:32 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
A policeman puts a stick in the arrested man’s hand and then breaks his fingers.

https://youtu.be/vT6rw8n9Ys0

What's happening?

ps: it's not Russia, it is Pennsylvania.
Makism, why is policy brutality so common in Russia?

Old 06-01-2020, 07:05 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,861,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Americas have a choice between one self serving idiot and another. A choice not made by them.
A step up from Russia where the only choice is the same self serving idiot of the past 2 decades.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:20 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,933,827 times
Quote:
In that video you see policemen trying to arrest a "protester". The guy has done something to get their attention. He was throwing things or looting. The policeman puts down his baton so he can use both hands. The thug picks tries to get the baton and probably got his fingers broken for trying.

For almost a week now every major city in America has had looters and thugs roaming the streets. Entrepreneurs already destitute due to Covid isolation mandates are having what little they have left destroyed by these "victim of oppression". Were you in America Max these people could come to your apartment block and loot everything around you and walk away. This is what would happen if anyone resisted

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CfQ1v_1590957478

I stand behind the police.

America needs to take lessons from Russia on dealing with this crap. It's gone way too far.
You have to remember there are two groups of protesters, the peaceful ones and those that are taking advantage of the situation to loot. I for one support the real peaceful protesters. Criminal justice reform is greatly needed and the fact we have the largest prison population even larger than China’s says a lot. I respect the Police and as an institution they should exist, but it’s also clear that they abuse their power and protect their own from accountability.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:29 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,023,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Makism, why is policy brutality so common in Russia?
There are customers for this.Grants are allocated for the correct negative image in Russia, people work, and the image is created ))

Photographers, journalists and various bloggers at events, often more than participants ))

Old 06-02-2020, 05:46 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times
Quote:
A step up from Russia where the only choice is the same self serving idiot of the past 2 decades.
Nevertheless, he did a lot of useful things for Russia. And he is not a fool.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Nevertheless, he did a lot of useful things for Russia. And he is not a fool.
If it is not broken, do not try to fix it.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I disagree. America is moving backwards, that is pretty clear to me. Tribalism, poverty, crime, drug use are all rampant. On my way to work this morning I stopped to get gas. I stepped out of my truck and looked down on the pavement and what did I see?

A needle.

It's only these last 3 or 4 years that I have seen such things on the streets of my town. The town where my daughters grew up and where one of them now have invested heavily in. I fear for my grandchildren. I fear for their future.

America is incapable of solving problems. It's our policies of government and corruption which are going to kill this nation.

Russia doesn't seem to be going our way.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
If it is not broken, do not try to fix it.
Russian have a similar saying about it: if it works, don't touch it (Работает - не трожь).

Old 06-02-2020, 03:45 PM

I think they must find horses.

https://youtu.be/l8yaXOrmqVE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe