Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2020, 03:16 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Look at the rats nest I stirred up. There is no breakeven point with a state run aircraft project. The state directs budget funds towards "development" which is actually just copying Boeing same as its been since the 40's. But yes, like other rogue regimes, it is better to have "self reliance" than to have good quality aircraft/cars, etc. Nobody is going to buy a Russian state copied aircraft except captive customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 03:54 PM

651 posts, read 415,764 times
Default The planes which are designed and produced in Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
...to buy a Russian ... aircraft...
Russia is the largest country. There is a need to advance inner air transportation. Russian planes should be sold in Russia first. Yes, there are some economic and technical problems in avia production but they could be solved. In the coming years the politics of protectionism could be effective.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:12 PM
DKM

Russia's only nuclear powered cargo ship broke down in the ocean and endangers European countries as it tries to limp home.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Russia's only nuclear powered cargo ship broke down in the ocean and endangers European countries as it tries to limp home.
It's the Sevmorput. The last remaining nuke bulk carrier out there. It ran over something (?) and busted up its screw and rudder. The rudder shaft seal is messed up but the ship is seaworthy and the nuclear power plant is just fine. The propeller was a 4 blade type. One blade was broken off and the opposite one was removed to better balance the shaft. The ship I was on in the 1980s ran over a wreck in Alexandria Egypt. A storm had moved the wreck into the shipping lane. Tore our screw up real bad. We needed a cruiser and 2 oceangoing tugs to drag us back to Naples Italy where the new screw and shaft was installed. Such things happening are not uncommon.

It's headed for St Pete. Up the Atlantic then through the Baltic at 10 knots under its own power. If the shaft is too out of balance it will have to be towed. It's off the coast of Morocco now.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Look at the rats nest I stirred up. There is no breakeven point with a state run aircraft project. The state directs budget funds towards "development" which is actually just copying Boeing same as its been since the 40's. But yes, like other rogue regimes, it is better to have "self reliance" than to have good quality aircraft/cars, etc. Nobody is going to buy a Russian state copied aircraft except captive customers.
So you're accusing Russia of copying designs now? Sorry to inform you but the laws of aerodynamics are pretty much universal. Same with physics.

Don't believe me? I'm spouting Putins propaganda? Go have a friend throw a brick at your face. That might make certain things apparent to you.

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery too. America copied Russian designs. Look at the *** 141 story and the F-35 VSTOL.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:38 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So you're accusing Russia of copying designs now? Sorry to inform you but the laws of aerodynamics are pretty much universal. Same with physics.

Don't believe me? I'm spouting Putins propaganda? Go have a friend throw a brick at your face. That might make certain things apparent to you.

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery too. America copied Russian designs. Look at the *** 141 story and the F-35 VSTOL.
You know, I'm more and more inclined to think that we need to shove in ass our pride, send away all these boings , microsofts,siemenses, intels, apples and start doing like the chinese: just stupidly copy everything and everything...and in case of claims to make round eyes and to send everyone on "foot erotic journey".. And then, I hope, in 50 years Russia will also be able to fill up the world with all sorts of stuff..

Old 12-16-2020, 09:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:

The MC-21 a copy of what?? You clearly have no idea about aircraft design....

I bet you thing think that the IL-62 was a copy of the British VC-10 right?? Ahahahah

Old 12-16-2020, 09:33 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
One-two punch...today was the turn of the IL-114-300 to get into the sky for the first time....this is also an entirely Russian bird (airframe, engines and avionics)...not bad for the gas station masquerading as a country...LOL

https://youtu.be/DR9ZgOMU1kA

Who they did copy this time DKM?? Ahahahah

Old 12-16-2020, 11:25 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
DCM wrote this post and gnashed his teeth in frustration )))))

Old 12-17-2020, 04:41 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
One-two punch...today was the turn of the IL-114-300 to get into the sky for the first time....this is also an entirely Russian bird (airframe, engines and avionics)...not bad for the gas station masquerading as a country...LOL

https://youtu.be/DR9ZgOMU1kA

Who they did copy this time DKM?? Ahahahah
Ingenious innovation? Or copy of the 1986 ATP from BAE.

https://www.baesystems.com/en/herita...--jetstream-61

The problem you guys have is I know the truth about Russia. And Huilo's annual fake news press conferences don't register with the free world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe