Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 04:45 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times

Advertisements

"Russia will die when the Ukrainian sun will rise"(c) Dzhokhar Dudayev.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 04:49 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Germans had started both World Wars, what to like about them? They also host several russophobic media channels such as Radio Freedom, DW in russian and such.
There never be a unanimous attitude towards Germans in Russia, but the rule of thumb in this case is usually - the less educated people are, the more they talk about the destruction that Germans wrecked upon Russia; the more educated Russians are, the more they are aware of organizational role of Germans in history of modern Russian state. And I am not talking about "Volga Germans" - those were the ones that settled in order to get benefits and privileges, but the other ones, that settled among Russians ( mostly among the "middle class,) and were tirelessly working for the success of the Russian state. You'll find their imprint all over the place - art, science, system of education, military, governmental structure; whenever you go - you'd trip over German name soon enough. Starting from times of Peter the Great - they were organizing, classifying and overall working for the betterment of Russian state, side by side with Russians. Check the data, check the names - are you aware that even the Academy of Sciences in Russia has been founded with the blessing of a German philosopher/mathematician Gottfried Leibniz?
So as I've said - Germans invested in Russia intellectually through and through; my latest discovery was that even the pre-reformed Russian language that didn't have a unified set of rules, has been organized in terms of orthography by someone of German origin as well.

As far as "russophobic media channels" go - German government has to toe American "party line" - that's number one, and number two - don't confuse "Russophobia" with "anti-Putinism." This is not necessarily one and the same thing. As much as anti-Sovietism and "Russophobia" are not necesserily one and the same thing either.

Quote:
There were lot of Germans and French in Russia before 1917 revolution, because pay was much better than in Europe.
Not always, but it's true that many Westerners were looking for opportunities in Russia.

Quote:
They mostly worked as handymen, doctors and babysitters - that's their "contribution".
You are obviously ignorant of a subject.

Quote:
Though it's true that some Russians with German ancestry have become high profile military commanders.
Look above what I wrote about German contribution to Russia.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As far as "russophobic media channels" go - German government has to toe American "party line" - that's number one, and number two - don't confuse "Russophobia" with "anti-Putinism." This is not necessarily one and the same thing. As much as anti-Sovietism and "Russophobia" are not necesserily one and the same thing either.
Most powerful russophobic media is Russia Today, 1st russian channel, Russia24, LieNews, radio Vesti etc.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I'm not sure, but maybe there are 2 reasons.
1. The Russian Empire annexed the vast eastern territory of Central Asia. Since the residents of these areas have become citizens of the Empire (and later the Soviet Union), the set of elements of the Eastern culture has come to Russia.
I see. Haji in Moscow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPBj49DfiPM

Old 11-07-2016, 05:09 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
And what exactly comes after the "sun rise"?

Old 11-07-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
And what exactly comes after the "sun rise"?
End of the imperial inhuman regime and freedom for oppressed nations.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
What the dead leader of a failed Islamic state said makes no difference.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What the dead leader of a failed Islamic state said makes no difference.
This "failed" Islamic state sits on the neck and sucks Russian money. Russian money is coming to end. The end is near my friend!)))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDgS5bc5OZ8

Old 11-07-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
This is a bit off topic but I've been always curious as to the relationship between Russia and India. I know historically that Russia and India have been very close politically, but what about on a personal and cultural sense. Does the average Russian person think of Indians in positive, negative or neutral light? I've been wondering about this because there seem to be quite a few Russian music videos imitating/inspired by Indian music/dance.
The "personal".. - no, "cultural sense" - this goes back to the 50ies or 60ies ( can't remember now off top of my mind,) but that's when Bollywood made it big in Russia, ( I remember Raj Kapoor with his "Бродяга" ("Tramp?") movie in particular.)
It was all the rave of our parents generation, for the reasons not understood by me, but yes - this India-Russia closeness goes back to earlier decades of Soviet period in Russia.

Last edited by erasure; 11-07-2016 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
This "failed" Islamic state sits on the neck and sucks Russian money.
Yes it does, but precisely for a reason that it's not RADICAL Islamic state as it was planned to be, see? That's the difference.
That's number one, and number two - of course in corporately-run country everything is bought and sold, Islam including.

Quote:
Russian money is coming to end. The end is near my friend!)))
Not as near as you wish.
There are few factors that you are not familiar with yet, that's why you can't key them into your "formula of Ukrainian success."
Be patient and watch the unfolding events starting with tomorrow's elections in the US. This is important.
The next thing I'd advise you to watch is the oil price, but that's - a bit later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe