Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 02:21 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Links please.
Mash confirmed this information a couple of days ago:

"Пытки в ярославской ИК-1 расследовали год назад по требованию прокуратуры. Но следователь ничего не нашёл. Рассказываем, как всё было.

По закону о любых применениях силы в колониях руководство должно докладывать в прокуратуру. Правда, год назад о возможных пытках в Ярославле прокуратура узнала чисто случайно, из публикаций СМИ. Дальше началось интересное.

Во-первых, сотрудники прокуратуры поняли, что ИК-1 что-то утаивает и вынесли им представление (читай — предупреждение).

Во-вторых, прокуроры передали дело в СК — именно там должны были расследовать все обстоятельства и проверить, кто и как силу применял. Как проверили, мы уже знаем: ничего подозрительного, применение силы строго в рамках закона.

Теперь ладошки потеют у всех: и у надзирателей, которые пытали Макарова, и у следака, который всё проверил."
(c)Mash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 02:35 PM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Why was the Russian economy never able to launch again after the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Will Russia's GDP be able to improve again?

Old 07-22-2018, 03:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well I know that there is a big Ukrainian lobby in Canada ( mostly Western Ukrainian of course.)
But the question is, lobby or not, would Canada jumped into the action this way without the "big brother" approval or not?
Or it doesn't matter as long as Canada doesn't supply the lethal weapons to Ukraine?
Canadas dog in this fight I think is actually more concerned with the effort to hamstring Russia because of the current situation in the Arctic. Canada has an interest in Russias interests in the far north so getting involved in something/anything to get your street cred up is the way to go for them. Add that to the Ukrainian lobby and you probably have your answer.

Canada is pretty feeble in the Arctic. Russia is expanding it's infrastructure and assets there.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why was the Russian economy never able to launch again after the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Will Russia's GDP be able to improve again?
Russias economy is doing just fine. GDP isn't everything and Russians are doing well. Contrast that with my own which isn't. I just read the number of homeless retirees on Americas streets are growing. the homeless population in general is growing here.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Mash confirmed this information a couple of days ago:

"Пытки в ярославской ИК-1 расследовали год назад по требованию прокуратуры. Но следователь ничего не нашёл. Рассказываем, как всё было.

По закону о любых применениях силы в колониях руководство должно докладывать в прокуратуру. Правда, год назад о возможных пытках в Ярославле прокуратура узнала чисто случайно, из публикаций СМИ. Дальше началось интересное.

Во-первых, сотрудники прокуратуры поняли, что ИК-1 что-то утаивает и вынесли им представление (читай — предупреждение).

Во-вторых, прокуроры передали дело в СК â€” именно там должны были расследовать все обстоятельства и проверить, кто и как силу применял. Как проверили, мы уже знаем: ничего подозрительного, применение силы строго в рамках закона.

Теперь ладошки потеют у всех: и у надзирателей, которые пытали Макарова, и у следака, который всё проверил."
(c)Mash
I'm the first one to say prison should not be fun. There are limits though. Maybe it will handle itself, maybe it won't. If this becomes a plague it certainly will get somebodies attention. Such behavior needs to stop.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:25 PM

New rocket has the go ahead. Better than building warplanes.

https://www.rt.com/news/433955-rosco...-rocket-soyuz/

Old 07-22-2018, 05:46 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
I mentioned it before to erasure in another thread. The countries of the New World are beholden to those of the Old Ones, in part due to multiculturalism. There is a substantial portion of immigrants who still hold ties to the Old World. When they arrive at their new destination, they start playing political games to try and gain influence with the government.
That applies to all "New World" nations, but particularly the US since it's the dominant power.

The US and Canada have strong Israeli, Cuban, Ukrainian, Polish... lobbies.

During the Cold War, the Polish guy Brzezinski played a pivotal role against the Soviets.

A lot of Russian Jews as well have a very negative opinion of Russia. I still remember talking to a number of them in both Canada and the US and when the topic of Russia came they would look at me with disgust as though someone tried to stab them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well yeah..
Just a reminder of what this conflict is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7D4r8OTgTw&t=1234s

I wonder why Canada became so feisty in this conflict?
I don't believe that it's all just the "Ukrainian diaspora" behind it.
Quote:
I don't see how it can be a mystery Erasure.

https://www.cufoundation.ca/

Ukraine has a very powerful lobby in Canada and the US not to mention the MIC of the West and it's money.

There's also the colonial aspect to this.

https://www.railwayage.com/mechanica...ukraine-te33a/

Notice where they were built. No Ukrainian worker built this nor will many maintain/repair or service the older stuff. Europes Banana Republic right next door.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:51 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Canadas dog in this fight I think is actually more concerned with the effort to hamstring Russia because of the current situation in the Arctic. Canada has an interest in Russias interests in the far north so getting involved in something/anything to get your street cred up is the way to go for them. Add that to the Ukrainian lobby and you probably have your answer.

Canada is pretty feeble in the Arctic. Russia is expanding it's infrastructure and assets there.
Of course Canada is concerned about the Arctic. We have a lot of territory in those areas. It doesn't help that Denmark came to Hans Island and planted it's flag over there not too long ago.

With global warming taking it's toll, the north is going to become more attractive to shipping, so you can except a lot of geopolitical tension in the area.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Russias economy is doing just fine. GDP isn't everything and Russians are doing well. Contrast that with my own which isn't. I just read the number of homeless retirees on Americas streets are growing. the homeless population in general is growing here.
Russia's GDP is actually lower than it was in 1989 when it was a Republic of the USSR. To say that is fine... well maybe for those on the top but for the average joe, that sucks.

[Mod cut] and ...you have my situation where grandparents from Russia could not even imagine their offspring would be living the way we do. I probably made more in the past 12 months than your average Russian has made in total since the USSR disintegrated.

Last edited by elnina; 07-23-2018 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 07-23-2018, 08:12 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
This is called 'democracy' and 'human rights'.
Do not bother, such concepts are superior to russian understanding.
Canada wants to sell LNG to Ukraine and EU, same as US. Shipping distance makes LNG economically noncompetitive with Russian gas.

Putin-Trump Ukraine summit offers.

Trump: Ukraine holds referendum on annexing E. Ukraine, Crimea
Putin: E. Ukraine, Crimea hold referendums on whether they stay or leave

Generally, referendums are only held within the territories with which the concerns lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe