Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 10:26 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I trust the intelligence services of the US about as much as I would trust my 5 year old grandson with an AK-47. I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN IRAQ AND THE WMDs. Look where the intelligence establishment got us with that ffs.

The people in our intelligence service do WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THEM BY THEIR MASTERS. They do nothing else.

In the political climate these recent years I not only mistrust them, I think they're traitors and self serving ones at that. I think you don't understand how a government as corrupt as ours works. In my time it's become pretty apparent to me. This mess is dangerous.
Except that the intelligence services weren't the ones who made the claim about WMD's. They warned the government against intervention, which the Bush administration chose to ignore.

Beyond that, a president isn't supposed to air his dirty laundry in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 11:03 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
The World Championship is over, and now, somewhere in faraway lands...)))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWXHyTR5hM

( This is the original - "Moscow-Magadan"...
"Do you know what kind of Northern winds we have here,
Miles and miles of snow...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA-lJu0_otM

Last edited by erasure; 07-19-2018 at 11:17 PM..

Old 07-20-2018, 06:29 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Except that the intelligence services weren't the ones who made the claim about WMD's. They warned the government against intervention, which the Bush administration chose to ignore.

It was the CIA. They were behind the fake mobile chemical weapons lab and the false Niger yellowcake story as well as the other anecdotes Sec. Powell presented before the UN to claim Iraq was deceiving the inspectors. They used the Italian intelligence service as a shield to claim they were duped. They're doing the same thing in the Trump Russiagate case by using a dossier compiled by foreign intelligence services and sources in the UK, Ukraine, Belgium, and Estonia, a dossier that was circulating for a year because it was being rejected for lack of credibility by the media outlets.

Information assessing the wisdom of invading Iraq was buried or killed by the media so the public had no access until the invasion had already occurred.

There were individuals from the CIA and diplomatic community who warned that the information was false (see Valerie Plame) and were attacked by political operatives in the press (see military-industrial complex).

Old 07-20-2018, 08:06 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal2 View Post
I'm from California, born and raised. My question is to Russians and Eastern Europeans in general. If you are so patriotic, nationalist and against the New World Order, why do so many of you decide to immigrate to the states?

I see Russians and other Slavs/Eastern Europeans almost every other day living in Southern California and especially up in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Why don't you just stay in Russia, and stop moving over to the USA? Doesn't Putin want that as well?
I can't answer your question fully, nor for everyone, but what I can say is that most Russians and other Slavs moved to the US in the 90s (before Putin was president) when living standards where much worse and less stable. Also when my parents immigrated in 1989 it was still the Soviet Union, and they heard that the US was a wonderful country to live in and when they found they had an opportunity to move there, they took it since they wanted to experience it themselves. Also from what I understand Russia wants to remain a sovereign nation who is in charge of their own foreign and domestic policy and not be neutered lapdogs like Germany and Japan, though it seems like Germany is fighting back these days and going against US interests (Nordstream II pipeline), other than that they don't really care about new world order. Also a lot of people that move out are not nationalists, they are the people who got fed up with the way things are back home and lost hope, or just want a change of scenery, there are plenty of Americans who move out of the US too, even though there are a lot of very proud patriotic Americans. Also many of them moved with their entire families so are fully rooted in the US and so moving back is a bit impracticable and stressful, though some are moving back. And another think you should pay attention which religion they practice. If you ask most Russian-Americans they will tell you they are either Baptists or Pentecostals unlike back in Russia where most are Christian Orthodox, so just from that point of view the Russian's moving/moved to the US are a bit different than the ones back in Russia.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:08 PM

750 posts, read 907,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The World Championship is over, and now, somewhere in faraway lands...)))))
Very nice - Championship is over, stadium is over and sail away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYXdtQF1Yoc

And one typical day in an ordinary Russian prison (18+)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6QYXvbkkws

Old 07-21-2018, 02:14 AM

12 posts, read 6,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Very nice - Championship is over, stadium is over and sail away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYXdtQF1Yoc
You needed to show at first what flood was in all the city before propagandizing this video. It was the tragedy, but many use it as promotion.

https://youtu.be/W0eJ0NZsLWs

Quote:
And one typical day in an ordinary Russian prison (18+)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6QYXvbkkws
The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation has opened criminal case on the staff of prison. https://sledcom.ru/news/item/1242402/
employees of prison will be punished

Old 07-21-2018, 04:31 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHNm5Vl0O0

Old 07-21-2018, 07:55 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Since we're dragging out the dirt on the state of civil society and institutions in Russia I would recommend you take a walk through just about any city in America and take in the poverty around you, old people sleeping on streets, druggies ODing on the side walks , families living in cars and in Seattle 24ft boats on lake Union.

I see this EVERYDAY.

I see a society that is totally incapable of solving the issues too.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The people in the intelligence service were supposed to give accurate, timely and correct information to the recipients. Unfortunately they CASTRATED themselves and took a best guess at what they though was expected of them, the truth and facts be damned. Like it or not that's the way government here works. I don't know about Canadian politics but here government employees at all levels, in all professions get high up the ladder not by not DISAPPOINTING their masters above them. You, me, no one knows exactly what happened or is happening even to day but governments work in a certain manner, the gears turn and the wheels grind. It doesn't change. I'm sure there was some voices against the war out there but in the end the Intelligent Establishment of America failed in it's mission therefore it is UNWORTHY of the trust and respect of anyone.

Quote:
I don't see Trump airing any dirty laundry. I see the rabid dog media off the leash. I also see why some countries put such tight control on their medias. It's destructive.

The MSM screams that Putin (yes, Putin the almighty himself from behind his desk in the Kremlin) seeks to divide America. He's not dividing America, we're doing it ourselves. I'm sure that a lot of RUssians are getting a great laugh out of this back in Moscow .

Old 07-21-2018, 11:07 AM

Stephen Cohen.

One of the few sane minds out there. He makes some real good points.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jo24fewsFs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe