Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 08:57 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Also have you ever heard the concept where if you think everyone is out to get you, that everyone hates you, that all you’re relationships fail even with family members, maybe just maybe you are the problem and not them since you are the common denominator?

Not only "I've heard" about it - I was in this situation myself while in the Soviet Union))
But you know what?

Everything I've said back then turned out to be true, and the very members of my family that chastised me for "insubordination" to the Soviet system turned into the shrewdest capitalists overnight.
But I was already long gone by then.

So no remorse for me whatsoever, particularly that I never really cared who thought what of me.

Quote:
I think this applies to Russia (as it does with other countries). I think this is something that Russia needs to recognize and grapple with if it wants wider global appeal.
Bad example yet again Grega, bad parallel, because then the major concerns of Russians ( where the West is involved) are very legit and very true.

Last edited by erasure; 01-21-2021 at 09:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 09:29 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
BTW. Russia is already widely respected by most of the world. Putin and Russian people are generally highly respected throughout the world too.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:13 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Oh, Putin, Putin, Putin...

https://i.ibb.co/rZ9r36K/photo-2021-01-22-10-01-35.jpg

"The German army is not an enemy of Russian people. The German army is fighting only against the criminals in the Kremlin. You have to suffer because of the criminal policies of Stalin and his henchmen. If you eliminate them, then raids of German pilots will stop."
Moscow,1941

Replace Stalin with Putin or Lukashenko, and raids with sanctions and you will receive a modern methodological guide.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 01-22-2021 at 12:31 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 12:38 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
I think this applies to Russia (as it does with other countries). I think this is something that Russia needs to recognize and grapple with if it wants wider global appeal.
Russia does not think the everybody hates them...far from it....The EU, the US and a couple of other vassals is not the entire world.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:24 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Yes Erasure people on the right in the US use Venezuela to scare people from universal healthcare and vote against their own interests
https://youtu.be/RtKSjLujXM8

The same thing happens in Russia they use the west to scare people from holding their leaders accountable.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:37 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Yes Erasure people on the right in the US use Venezuela to scare people from universal healthcare and vote against their own interests

The same thing happens in Russia they use the west to scare people from holding their leaders accountable.
Not not. We have already believed in this fairy tale once. We still haven't fully recovered.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:54 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
In a neighboring country, people have held their leaders accountable. What came of it?

https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-z...11b/scale_1200

Russians (with exception of stupid children) don't want this in Russia, because this already happened in the late 80s. That's enough. This will bring poverty, hunger and civil war. All this has already happened quite recently. Putin got the country after a default (1998) on brink of collapse with civil war in the Caucasus. Big racing will be in Moscow tomorrow. I think 99% of protesters don't remember this because they were born later. But many people remember this.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:42 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
European Court on Human Rights rules Georgia, not Russia, initiated hostilities in August 2008 (Russo-Georgian War)

https://southfront.org/after-12-year...n-august-2008/

Old 01-22-2021, 10:58 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
In a neighboring country, people have held their leaders accountable. What came of it?

https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-z...11b/scale_1200

Russians (with exception of stupid children) don't want this in Russia, because this already happened in the late 80s. That's enough. This will bring poverty, hunger and civil war. All this has already happened quite recently. Putin got the country after a default (1998) on brink of collapse with civil war in the Caucasus. Big racing will be in Moscow tomorrow. I think 99% of protesters don't remember this because they were born later. But many people remember this.
I’m not saying to start a revolution and throw the baby out with the bath water. I’m just saying people shouldn’t be politically apathetic. Despite what the west says elections still exist in Russia and sometimes oppositionary candidates do win (usually at the local level), so all I’m saying is maybe start voting something other than United Russia party, it’s not good when one party holds a monopoly on power for many decades, it leads to tunnel vision and stagnation. Russia needs fresh ideas and new blood.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:05 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:

And this works, because...?
Because Russians are stupid, or because Russians have actual experience what the West is after, when they bring their guard down?

And if the latter is true, then whose fault is it, that this reminder works?

("Fool me once" you know...)

When it comes to "Venezuela"...

Wait, I actually watched your video with Trump.
Donald likes to be a bit dramatic - after all he used to be on the "sliver screen," and I think that's the part to him that was not understood by many, particularly his adversaries.

And he can be very funny too, which was missed by many because of their blind hatred towards him.
I've mentioned before, that I LOATH some republicans (those around Trump including,) but not him personally.

And I DO understand their weariness about certain changes forced by the "progressives" among the democrats.

When it comes to the whole issue of the healthcare, I think that the reasonable part of republicans would agree that things can't go the way they go, and I think they would figure out a compromise with someone like Sanders.

But when you have the "progressives" pushing from another side for universal health care AND unlimited immigration simultaneously, that's when things become unrealistic if you ask me.

Overall you can't NOT to take the concerns of the "right wingers" in consideration, and write these people off as "inconvenient" and their ideas as "outdated," because they represent big chunk of America's very foundation.

You can't "cancel out" this foundation and to hijack the country from them, with the help of corporations, ( that are the very essence of capitalism,) and to climb on top of the world as the ultimate "democratic" ( left-wing) country.

This is wicked, and as I've said, if this is not the coming of antichrist, then I don't know what IS.
America is not Russia; when it comes to Russia, then I am your normal generic "left," because in Russia things are pretty straightforward and simple, when it comes to the "left" ideas.
No "women emancipation" attached to it, no 35 genders, no racial issues.

But I digress, since it's a thread about Russia...

Last edited by erasure; 01-22-2021 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe