Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 12:24 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAYC4Nx_qwo

Ordinary city of Belgorod 3 days ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 12:26 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
DKM is so excited about the wrong video about life in Russia ))) You can't you can't ! Oh, oh !
Ahah )))))
No I don't really care about some video of a random neighborhood. I was just pointing out the false claims Ziggy was making as usual. Its pretty easy to do and also entertaining so I do it.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
No I don't really care about some video of a random neighborhood. I was just pointing out the false claims Ziggy was making as usual. Its pretty easy to do and also entertaining so I do it.
Yes, yes, we all noticed how much you didn't care ))))

But I have some bad news for you. These are the areas that have grown around all Russian cities over the past 15 years.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:42 AM
DKM

Wonderful, I am happy for them. Why would this be bad news for me... I don't live in propaganda land where this is supposed to make Americans angry to see Russian suburbs. Y'all some strange people

Old 05-12-2021, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Wonderful, I am happy for them. Why would this be bad news for me... I don't live in propaganda land where this is supposed to make Americans angry to see Russian suburbs. Y'all some strange people
You see. As usual. And why worry about the supposedly rich neighborhood? You can't, you can't ! You can't make such a video,it's not true !
And now you've got it all right.
Rejection, anger, bargaining, humility )))))

Old 05-12-2021, 01:37 PM
DKM

Quote:
You see. As usual. And why worry about the supposedly rich neighborhood? You can't, you can't ! You can't make such a video,it's not true !
And now you've got it all right.
Rejection, anger, bargaining, humility )))))
Umm sure, I am so angry that Russian cities have suburbs like everywhere else in the world. So

They have the same kind of neighborhoods in Lvov:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.7770...!7i3968!8i2976

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.7763...!7i9000!8i4500

What is the big deal anyway. Its cool to see videos about Russia but framing them as some shock to westerners and Ukrainians... nah I'm going to call out such nonsense.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Umm sure, I am so angry that Russian cities have suburbs like everywhere else in the world. So

What is the big deal anyway. Its cool to see videos about Russia but framing them as some shock to westerners and Ukrainians... nah I'm going to call out such nonsense.
There are Americans that couldn't point to Russia on a map DKM. And yes they also think Russians live in caves, are starving to death and have no toilet paper. Many are utterly ignorant.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAYC4Nx_qwo

Ordinary city of Belgorod 3 days ago.
At 8:00 minutes.

I remember that square. It hasn't changed much but the buildings seem different. I took a nap on a stone bench behind where the cranes were. There's also a lot of nice restaurants and cafes up the wooded street. Hotel Belgorod is the opposite direction from the theatre.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:18 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
So aren't you shouting at all corners that Putin and his friends has robbed all Russians, they live practically in poverty and hunger? Where, then, do these beggars, who supposedly have enough money only for bread, get the money to build houses and buy cars?
Cottage villages are growing like mushrooms after rain, and new cars are scattering like hot cakes ..

Old 05-12-2021, 08:50 PM
DKM

No I am not claiming he robbed all Russians. There are many doing just fine. The upper 5 to 10% (that's 7 to 15 million people) are living well. There are a lot more living on $500 a month, and it should not be this way in my opinion with such a GDP which means there are billions of dollars directed to his circle and going who knows where. If you want to claim that's a good life anyway, because its better than 1998, okay great. Not my problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe