Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 04:18 AM

46 posts, read 43,824 times

Advertisements

Racism is increasing in Europe sadly

Last edited by dooer; 01-06-2016 at 05:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 05:37 AM

14,825 posts, read 12,078,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooer View Post
Racism is increasing in Europe sadly
What do you base this on?

Old 01-06-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What do you base this on?
Have you seen the news in the last six months?

mosque attacks

rape epidemics blamed on muslims

politicians stabbed by right wingers

muslim refugee centers burnt

thousands protesting against refugees some already sporting swasticas (which had become a thing of the past)

Old 01-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Rising racism worries Council of Europe - The Local

not only germany, in the east of europe, in southern europe, in france after the two terrorist attacks this year, in Sweden SDU has become the second party something unthinkable a decade ago, Marie le pen in france.... in Germany the right is booming!

I have nothing against anyone, but forced multiculturalism is not working.... we need immigrants but we need an ordered system of immigration that allows for migrants to be absorbed into european culture and equal opportunities. Not shoving hundredths of thousands of people (that they don't even bother to identify) and then demand the locals to accept it and get over it!

That is NOT how these things work!

Old 01-06-2016, 08:38 AM

I mean it's really sad

one year ago Cologne was one of the most liberal cities in Germany, overwhelming majority supporting refugees and so on. Now after new years eve two things have occurred.

1. Cologne women are psychologically scared to go out now, at night many are rushing home (good job politicians)

2. The response and solution of the brilliant feminist major. (Keep arms distance from any man (as if all men were rapists) and try to not dress provocatively! SUDDENLY NOW COLOGNE WOMEN WILL HAVE TO MODIFY HOW THEY DRESS TO COMPLY WITH A BUNCH OF THUGS WHO THINK WOMEN ARE THERE TO BE ABUSED SEXUALLY!

This is exactly the type of response that ignites racism! Instead of offering security, due to the habit of having to be PC now they're telling women to modify their daily lives! How do you think many of these german women are going to start feeling towards arabs? do you think they'll be receptive and accepting now?

Oh and the german police has NO IDEA who these men were!

Smart selective immigration that encourages REAL diversity from people from all over the planet, with emphasis on professionals, homosexuals escaping countries where their lives are at risk, women escaping opression= YES

Stampede of Muslims because of Merkel's open doors policy = NO

Last edited by dooer; 01-06-2016 at 08:56 AM..

Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,823,072 times
Quote:

mosque attacks

thousands protesting against refugees some already sporting swasticas (which had become a thing of the past)
There have always been problems, the rise of these so called right wing parties will slow down soon and things will go back to what they used to be in the past. As soon as the economy will pick up, the only reason to vote will be immigration rules and people aren't obsessed enough with them to vote a party for exclusively one reason despite their propaganda.

Quote:
Rising racism worries Council of Europe - The Local

not only germany, in the east of europe, in southern europe, in france after the two terrorist attacks this year, in Sweden SDU has become the second party something unthinkable a decade ago, Marie le pen in france.... in Germany the right is booming!

I have nothing against anyone, but forced multiculturalism is not working.... we need immigrants but we need an ordered system of immigration that allows for migrants to be absorbed into european culture and equal opportunities. Not shoving hundredths of thousands of people (that they don't even bother to identify) and then demand the locals to accept it and get over it!

That is NOT how these things work!
AFP has yet to go past 7-8% in polls, has it?

Anyway, from what it sounds, you want more control on immigration and to simply choose from where the immigrants will come from but that won't happen as it's highly discriminatory. The majority of people of Islamic faith may be just like me or you, it's only a minority who embraces fundamentalist ideals. Why not allow several skilled people or refugees to come into our countries because of their faith?

Old 01-07-2016, 01:19 AM

Improb lives in the south of italy, a region of Europe with little to none immigration problems. (A transition region where migrants pass on their way north)

I invite you to visit Brussels, around Anderlecht or molenbeek my friend.... lf you want bring an attractive female friend of yours or some gay friends you might have, you'll see how accepting and open minded the locals in the area will be! And please don't take with you any jewelry or cash, as muggings are normal almost daily!

NO ONE is saying muslims are different, NO ONE is saying muslims should be banned.... but their immigration needs to be controlled for the sake of diversity!

A stampede of muslim refugees is not sustainable economically.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:00 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,894,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
There have always been problems, the rise of these so called right wing parties will slow down soon and things will go back to what they used to be in the past. As soon as the economy will pick up, the only reason to vote will be immigration rules and people aren't obsessed enough with them to vote a party for exclusively one reason despite their propaganda.
Anyway, from what it sounds, you want more control on immigration and to simply choose from where the immigrants will come from but that won't happen as it's highly discriminatory. The majority of people of Islamic faith may be just like me or you, it's only a minority who embraces fundamentalist ideals. Why not allow several skilled people or refugees to come into our countries because of their faith?
The same reason why you can't just go to the US or Saudi Arabia and pretend to live there: the benefit of the locals come first, simple as that.
Aside that 1 out 5 of the coming people are even Syrian, not even a refugee, your theory calls for just let everybody in?
I mean, you literally wrote: "to simply choose from where the immigrants will come from [...] as it's highly discriminatory".
Do you really think that a continent with the highest density of population, high unemployment, high social tensions almost everywhere and very specific almost mono-ethnic countries should host everybody?
The only people we should host in a limited number corresponding to the needs of the country (like Australia do and is one of the most prosperous country in the world) are: women and children fleeing from war or elderly, highly skilled or qualified people, politically persecuted personalities (for example, some of the journalists persecuted in Turkey).
Most people who our politically-sided mass media label as "refugees" are in fact young men with almost no skills, education or any will to integrate (and it is notorious how well integrated most Muslim are in Europe, I mean, it's not like the killers of November 13 were European citizens) who came to Europe just to seek welfare and benefits (otherwise, explain me why a "refugee", i.e. a man fleeing from war/poverty, would so stubbornly want to go Sweden and/or Germany).
If you really think that such a trend can continue and, worse of all, should continue for the sake of "multiculturalism"/growth (what growth?)/insert something else, then you are clearly out of touch with the reality of our life.
You also said "why not allow skilled people or refugees".
You centred the point: most of those supposed and never proved-to-be "refugees" are NOT like such.
Do you think that the average people opposing immigration is a rabid SS who wishes to exterminate Syrian kids and drink their blood while freeing Jerusalem?
I have no problem in hosting people who are actually refugees: women and children who flees from atrocities, minorities horribly persecuted (like Yazidis or many Kurds), personalities who would die in their regime (like Turkish journalists or bloggers).
Similarly, I have no problem in hosting and integrating highly skilled and/or qualified people.
Do you think that Le Pen would expel a Muslim highly qualified engineer who came here regularly and work, pay taxes and abide the law?
No, she wouldn't, 99% of people wouldn't.
Such massive immigration of people who have nothing in common with Europe, who want only to reap benefits and despise most of our basic concepts of life cannot go on and it won't end well: in history it never had and it will not this time either.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
The same reason why you can't just go to the US or Saudi Arabia and pretend to live there: the benefit of the locals come first, simple as that.
Aside that 1 out 5 of the coming people are even Syrian, not even a refugee, your theory calls for just let everybody in?
I mean, you literally wrote: "to simply choose from where the immigrants will come from [...] as it's highly discriminatory".
Do you really think that a continent with the highest density of population, high unemployment, high social tensions almost everywhere and very specific almost mono-ethnic countries should host everybody?
The only people we should host in a limited number corresponding to the needs of the country (like Australia do and is one of the most prosperous country in the world) are: women and children fleeing from war or elderly, highly skilled or qualified people, politically persecuted personalities (for example, some of the journalists persecuted in Turkey).
Most people who our politically-sided mass media label as "refugees" are in fact young men with almost no skills, education or any will to integrate (and it is notorious how well integrated most Muslim are in Europe, I mean, it's not like the killers of November 13 were European citizens) who came to Europe just to seek welfare and benefits (otherwise, explain me why a "refugee", i.e. a man fleeing from war/poverty, would so stubbornly want to go Sweden and/or Germany).
If you really think that such a trend can continue and, worse of all, should continue for the sake of "multiculturalism"/growth (what growth?)/insert something else, then you are clearly out of touch with the reality of our life.
You also said "why not allow skilled people or refugees".
You centred the point: most of those supposed and never proved-to-be "refugees" are NOT like such.
Do you think that the average people opposing immigration is a rabid SS who wishes to exterminate Syrian kids and drink their blood while freeing Jerusalem?
I have no problem in hosting people who are actually refugees: women and children who flees from atrocities, minorities horribly persecuted (like Yazidis or many Kurds), personalities who would die in their regime (like Turkish journalists or bloggers).
Similarly, I have no problem in hosting and integrating highly skilled and/or qualified people.
Do you think that Le Pen would expel a Muslim highly qualified engineer who came here regularly and work, pay taxes and abide the law?
No, she wouldn't, 99% of people wouldn't.
Such massive immigration of people who have nothing in common with Europe, who want only to reap benefits and despise most of our basic concepts of life cannot go on and it won't end well: in history it never had and it will not this time either.
Your post is absolutely on spot!

I get the feeling Improb is probably a college student with all those idealist beliefs one often gets while at school!

While an ideal utopia would be amazing, the real world does not work such way!

European politicians need to protect the European people FIRST AND FOREMOST! (Not the refugees)

When I say European people I am also including the many hardworking Africans, Asians, Muslims and so on that live in Europe, follow the rules and are part of our society!

Open door policy is a disaster, economically it is NOT sustainable and it is going to have some very serious ramifications in the near future!

Improb certainly comes across as rather naive.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:32 AM

14,825 posts, read 12,078,383 times
Quote:

mosque attacks

This kind of thing has always happened, (holocaust), the thing is the VAST majority of people in Europe are managing to live together side by side in greater harmony than ever before, the 'far right' and ISIS are still tiny minorities that get 99% of religious headlines. There is a program on TV right now where British TV presenter Adrian Chiles has travelled to the Mediterranean in search of the 'silent minority' of religious people to see what they think of 'other' religions and to see if they think they get along OK. I am not religious but I saw the first episode and found it quite interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe