Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 04:15 PM

322 posts, read 481,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
ahhahahahahahahhah

Maybe you're going to say "ethnic" French people look Arabs ??
No but darker, like cyril depres... a guy like that is extremely rare looks in northern germany... or just shorter people.. when I see an average german girl with a italian boyfriend the contrast is quite noticeable, with french is less, but still you can see the differences... unlike if the german girl has a dutch, danish, swedish or norwegian boyfriend, most people would assume the boyfriend to be plain german..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 04:18 PM

184 posts, read 222,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
No but darker, like cyril depres... a guy like that is extremely rare looks in northern germany... or just shorter people.. when I see an average german girl with a italian boyfriend the contrast is quite noticeable, with french is less, but still you can see the differences... unlike if the german girl has a dutch, danish, swedish or norwegian boyfriend, most people would assume the boyfriend to be plain german..
Even Cyril Depres is dark for a French.

I'm french and I'm 1m88, my brother 1m93.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:22 PM

322 posts, read 481,931 times
Quote:
Even Cyril Depres is dark for a French.

I'm french and I'm 1m88, my brother 1m93.
I´m talking about averages, not that there arent blonde french or tall french people.
French are diverse but still are closer to southern europe than to northern europe. at least judging by people I have worked with (from several parts of the country) and the few times I have been to france.

How common is emmanuel petit looks among the french? I cant make estimations because I havent been to most of france.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:29 PM

749 posts, read 859,814 times
Quote:
It doesn't mean that extra-europeans are a majority in France. They stay a minority.

The "largest" part of Africans live in the parisian region.

I'm French and I know well the topic. I see reality.
Like it was said, Blacks are approximately 3 to 5 millions and Maghreb are 7 millions give and take. Just these groups combined tally up to 13 millions. In country of 60 millions that almost 1 out 5 inhabitants. That is far too many people to be ignored. There are probably already more "dark" looking people than blondes, this is even more relevant considering they are often younger and all-French people are older. Give it another 30 years and they will make up half or more of the population.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:30 PM

There are French people who look southern european (principaly in southern France). The other look central / northern europeans. For instance if you want to take "averages", all the régions which border Paris at the north (or even in Bretagne, Alsace Lorraine), French people are light eyed with blond / light brown hair.

If as a whole France is darker than Germany, France is much more lighter than Italy or Spain.

Emmanuel Petit look completely french.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Like it was said, Blacks are approximately 3 to 5 millions and Maghreb are 7 millions give and take. Just these groups tally up to 13 millions. In country of 60 millions that almost 1 out 5 inhabitants. That is far too many people to be ignored. There are probably already more "dark" looking people than blondes, this is even more relevant considering they are often younger and all-French people are older. Give it another 30 years and it will be half the population.
I agree with you, but we cannot say they become a majority, comparing with ethnic French people.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM

820 posts, read 956,554 times
Quote:
I´m talking about averages, not that there arent blonde french or tall french people.
French are diverse but still are closer to southern europe than to northern europe. at least judging by people I have worked with (from several parts of the country) and the few times I have been to france.

How common is emmanuel petit looks among the french? I cant make estimations because I havent been to most of france.
Infact there is not a typical French look thus it is hard to say this one or this one look French.
And I can tell you people from Munich are very dark to me. I know the city very well and many of them can pass for being the average Spanish, same for Welsh and many parts of England.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:31 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,477,211 times
Quote:

Emmanuel Petit, Julie Delpy, Clemence Poesy, Gerard Depardieu, Pierre Richard are light-haired and still look very French. France is not Spain rather in between North and Southern Europe. French people cluster more with Central Europeans than Southern ones! British, Irish people are Northern Europeans. While Basques are an isolate.

Cavalli Sforza's History and Geography of Human Genes divides European Caucasoids into three main groups, N(Northern European), C(Central European), S(Southern European).

Old 08-03-2016, 06:55 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,477,211 times
Quote:
Then you never been in europe if you think a lot of germans look like italians. I see group of italians here and they stick out for their different features and darker hair/eyes/skin complexion compared to the natives over here.

Most Irish people have pretty dark hair (although there is a fair percent of gingers/auburn or strawberry blond) and many of the old celtic strains in the country resemble ancient mediterranean populations.
False, Brits have evolved to have blonder hair and bluer eyes than even their ancestors, according to a new study released recently this year.

They are much closer to the Irish and Dutch than Basques.

They are also not more Mediterranean than the Germans! Germans are intermediates. Results by the National Geographic Genographic Project. The Northern European component increases as one goes from Iberia to the U.K.!
BRITISH (UNITED KINGDOM)

GERMAN

IBERIAN (SPAIN & PORTUGAL)

Old 08-03-2016, 07:21 PM

749 posts, read 859,814 times
Anyone who with some understanding of medical genetics knows that genes may or may not be expressed. Therefore one's physical appearance, the phenotype, may or may not reflect its genetic background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe