Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 09:04 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,454,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Do they could pass for being French?
Because they are French too. It shows you they vary a lot. You can find very light French people and you will never find that kind of look in Switzerland or even Austria. But they could easily pass for Norwegians.

- Jean-Baptiste Bernaz (Southern French from Marseille)
https://www.google.fr/search?q=Jean-...w=1600&bih=775

- François Gabart (Central France)
https://www.google.fr/search?q=-+Fra...3%A7ois+Gabart

- Mathilde de Kerangat (Central France)
https://www.google.fr/search?q=Mathi...w=1600&bih=775

But I knew that American don't know how French look like.
When I go to Spain, England, Germany, and especially USA and I say I am French. They say "Really?" "But where your parents come from?"
Like if there was a typical French look...
What are you talking about Amarow? There are millions of Americans who are of French ancestry and there is even a town where I went to six years where the majority of Whites have French ancestry either from France or Quebec. I lived with my parents in northern France, Lille, Douai, Rouen and I speak French too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
In my opinion, F. Hollande looks very dark compared to the average French.
Nope Hollande is not dark, rather still intermediate. By looking at his facial features/morphology, he's actually "quite French-looking" and I'd say he would fit in within the Alpinid-Dinarid phenotype. Alpinid phenotype is very common to some extent predominant among ethnic French and usually mixed with the Nordid giving rise to the Subnordid which is common in northern France going through adjacent parts of Germany to the Benelux.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F...ande_2015.jpeg
Other well known French people who would within the Alpinid phenotype are J.Chirac, F.Mitterand, Giscard D'estaing.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Speaking in general terms of course.

I knew one girl from Munich and she looked like she could be from Italy or Spain with her somewhat dark skin, dark hair and dark eyes.

Is this common with people down there and are they reserved like northern europeans or are they more open like southern europeans?

Weather - how sunny and warm is it in Southern Germany compared to the North?
Now to go back to your question. No, Southern Germans are still culturally Germanic, dark hair, dark eyes, "darker" complexion have absolutely nothing to do with it. They are not culturally Southern European.

This is a southern German.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
The graph means nothing, spanish people are clustering with czech and slovak and I know very well we dont know like czech or slovak at all but far closer to Welsh or the Irish, so this map makes no sense. Also the genes that dictate physical traits are only a subset of traits. And British , Irish are not much related to Scandinavians, or Dutch or GErmans, they are easily recognizable, I work with them and see them everyday. I frankly see more French who could pass for Nordic or Teutonic peoples than Brits who have the "celtic"(Brythonic) features imprinted all over their phenotype.
Oh, I am laughing at your Teutonic jokes! Not all Ancient Germanic people were blonde-haired, many were also dark-haired and had skin which could easily tan, so they weren't so pale either.
Here is a reconstruction of the appearance of people whose remains in the Harz moutains, Lower Saxony, Northern Germany who lived around 1000-700 BC. There were 40 people (21 women and 19 men) and 40% were lactose intolelant among them were people with light and dark hair.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:38 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,270,664 times
Quote:
Do they could pass for being French?
Because they are French too. It shows you they vary a lot. You can find very light French people and you will never find that kind of look in Switzerland or even Austria. But they could easily pass for Norwegians.

- Jean-Baptiste Bernaz (Southern French from Marseille)
https://www.google.fr/search?q=Jean-...w=1600&bih=775

- François Gabart (Central France)
https://www.google.fr/search?q=-+Fra...3%A7ois+Gabart

- Mathilde de Kerangat (Central France)
https://www.google.fr/search?q=Mathi...w=1600&bih=775

But I knew that American don't know how French look like.
When I go to Spain, England, Germany, and especially USA and I say I am French. They say "Really?" "But where your parents come from?"
Like if there was a typical French look...
These people look very light in regard to the french avearge tone. these kind of features can exist in French population but still rare (i knew only one or two people in my all life that have these tones). François Hollande or Chirac are closer to the french "average" or most common look than these people. You have much more statistical chance to find black french people than people as white as them.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:15 AM

43 posts, read 65,966 times
Mitterrand and Chirac are very good representation of the average French look.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
The graph means nothing, spanish people are clustering with czech and slovak and I know very well we dont know like czech or slovak at all but far closer to Welsh or the Irish, so this map makes no sense. Also the genes that dictate physical traits are only a subset of traits. And British , Irish are not much related to Scandinavians, or Dutch or GErmans, they are easily recognizable, I work with them and see them everyday. I frankly see more French who could pass for Nordic or Teutonic peoples than Brits who have the "celtic"(Brythonic) features imprinted all over their phenotype.
You are simply having illusions, North Africa is much closer to Spain than to the British Isles would ever be. It is only an inferiority complex you have. British and Irish people are by far much more related to their northern neighbors than to Iberians. Brythonic people were Northern Europeans, your point is?

Old 08-06-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2050 View Post
Mitterrand and Chirac are very good representation of the average French look.
I can add also Alain Juppe, Edouard Balladur, former president in the 70's Pompidou, Dominique de Villepin.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:23 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,196,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
These people look very light in regard to the french avearge tone. these kind of features can exist in French population but still rare (i knew only one or two people in my all life that have these tones). François Hollande or Chirac are closer to the french "average" or most common look than these people. You have much more statistical chance to find black french people than people as white as them.
as white as them? are you serious? hey, put down the champi, okay?
who are you to tell what the "average" French person look like?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:28 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,196,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I can add also Alain Juppe, Edouard Balladur, former president in the 70's Pompidou, Dominique de Villepin.
you, stop your crap, Balladur has Armenian ancestry, did you know? the only one I "agree" with is de Villepin.

the both of you are crazy.
ps -- you never answered to me saxon, i wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe