Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 05:40 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,456,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Reading this forum, it is Americans who are obsessed with race and color... . What is terrible is what they think about How people look like. They live with stereotypes, it is part of their nature.

I always read in this forum that French are short.... It s not only wrong but exactly the opposite=> we are the tallest in Europe and in the world.

I am sure Americans think French are not tall for instance whereas they are the tallest in Europe with Germans, Letonians and Dutch.
Average in France: 179,7 cm
Average in the USA: 177,1 cm

Dans quel pays est-on le plus grand ? | Actualité | LeFigaro.fr - Santé

I am personnaly trying to restore the truth.
Claiming F.Hollande looks like the average French is wrong. You can hardly be darker. Many Could pass for being Hollande in France but it still the darkest look in France.
Maybe many look like Hollande in Tours or Marseille, but no one Could pass for Hollande in Calvados for instance even if it is very close

But the biggest American stereotype is Frenchies are short and dark skinned.
We are the tallest Europeans and the palest in Europe (palest after the English)
It is true that the ethnic French have a relatively high frequency of skin phototype 1(pale white skin which always burn, never tans) but at the same time, they have a considerable frequency for skin phototype 4. This again shows how variable is the French population, because France is large country in Europe.
The frequency of skin phototypes among ethnic French people are:
Phototype I (always burns, never tans): 11.6%
Phototype II (burns easily, tan poorly): 25.7%
Phototype III ( tans after initial burn) : 30.9%
Phototype IV ( burns minimally, tans easily) : 31.8%
Comparing to a North European population like ethnic Finnish:
Phototype I: 8%
Phototype II: 25%
Phototype III: 57%
Phototype IV: 10%
Comparing to a South European population, ethnic Italian:
Phototype I and II: 10.3%
Phototype III: 45.8%
Phototype IV: 44.5%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 07:06 AM

66 posts, read 63,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Not much, but still overall lighter. Western France is definitely much lighter. Don't confuse Germanic with German. See. Scandinavian influence is also found in northern France especially in Normandy! The Ancient Franks, Burgundians, Allemani, Goths, Teutons, Saxons all these Germanic tribes invaded France and left their impact there too, especially the north.

Additionally not all Germans are blonde-haired, blue-eyed, fair. You know like:

There are dark Germans too like:

Not all germans are blonde but they are generally more blond-blue eyed and tall than anybody in Europe except Dutch and Scandinavians. And Northern germany is practically on the same "league" of blondness of Scandinavia/Netherlands, and definitelly taller than most scandinavians and almost as tall as the dutch...

By the way those german people with dark hair have "germanic" facial structure. they dont look like meds from southern europe or celts from atlantic europe.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,479,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut2016 View Post
Not all germans are blonde but they are generally more blond-blue eyed and tall than anybody in Europe except Dutch and Scandinavians. And Northern germany is practically on the same "league" of blondness of Scandinavia/Netherlands, and definitelly taller than most scandinavians and almost as tall as the dutch...

By the way those german people with dark hair have "germanic" facial structure. they dont look like meds from southern europe or celts from atlantic europe.
Another name to say the same s h y t e. Whatever the Celts are from "Atlantic Europe" they are genetically closest to other Northern Europeans and not Southern Europe. You've never answered me directly about why you have this obsession? Not that I expect you to in any way be honest because you just come back with a different name to say the same things. You are odd in that you want to disparage British and Irish people but want to pull then closer to Southern Europeans like yourself and distance them from populations that they are actually close to.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Another name to say the same s h y t e. Whatever the Celts are from "Atlantic Europe" they are genetically closest to other Northern Europeans and not Southern Europe. You've never answered me directly about why you have this obsession? Not that I expect you to in any way be honest because you just come back with a different name to say the same things. You are odd in that you want to disparage British and Irish people but want to pull then closer to Southern Europeans like yourself and distance them from populations that they are actually close to.

Britain is atlantic world and people, and they look it, sorry . Do you actually live in the UK? Have you seen any of those long legged beauties that you see often in Germany, Czech or the Netherlands in the UK? not even once.. british body types are completely different. Whatever you want to claim, I wish Uk looked more like Germany, or NL or Czech, because then there would be a larger pool of beautiful women in the World, but sadly it is not the case.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:41 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,054,383 times
Quote:
Britain is atlantic world and people, and they look it, sorry . Do you actually live in the UK? Have you seen any of those long legged beauties that you see often in Germany, Czech or the Netherlands in the UK? not even once.. british body types are completely different. Whatever you want to claim, I wish Uk looked more like Germany, or NL or Czech, because then there would be a larger pool of beautiful women in the World, but sadly it is not the case.
Xenophobic, racist, claptrap, I notice you still haven't actually given anything to back up your hateful claims! WE WANT PROOF!

Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Xenophobic, racist, claptrap, I notice you still haven't actually given anything to back up your hateful claims! WE WANT PROOF!
eyes are the best proof, or maybe you need glasses.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
eyes are the best proof, or maybe you need glasses.
Nope that's not 'proof' is it! When I look around the UK I see beautiful people, plain people and ugly people, its exactly what I saw in France, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Belgium, Croatia, Turkey etc etc, its what I saw in EVERY country I have ever been to (and there have been quite a few), everywhere that is EXCEPT Germany, in Germany there are only ugly women, they all have ugly features and very fat knees (see what I did there again!). Take a look yourself! The proof of what I say is my eyes!

Old 08-19-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nope that's not 'proof' is it! When I look around the UK I see beautiful people, plain people and ugly people, its exactly what I saw in France, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Belgium, Croatia, Turkey etc etc, its what I saw in EVERY country I have ever been to (and there have been quite a few), everywhere that is EXCEPT Germany, in Germany there are only ugly women, they all have ugly features and very fat knees (see what I did there again!). Take a look yourself! The proof of what I say is my eyes!
The proportions are way different, croatians are much better looking people as a whole than brits.. in Portugal men are much better looking than the women.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
The proportions are way different, croatians are much better looking people as a whole than brits.. in Portugal men are much better looking than the women.
Erm proof of any of this please?????? Incidently I used to be married to a Croatian.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:21 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,479,906 times
Quote:
No point being sorry as you know there is no such thing genetically as "atlantic". You are just an advocate of the "Atlantic Facade" which has no genetic validity. Anyway as I've said previously I don't know why a Spanish person is so obsessed with blonds, Germans and of course the Irish and the British.

You should be the one who is sad because of your obsession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe