Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 01:47 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,916,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
So what? Do you have a problem with Black people. I believe they greatly enriched American culture. Actually there is no group that has been oppressed the way, Black Americans have and to have attained the level of achievement they did in such a short time.
What are you Trying to pull a Donald Trump on me, weak effort bud.

You're the one that jumped to a negative association with the statement "black culture".

No problem here I like soul food and southern food it's pretty clear that's what I was talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 01:57 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,622,532 times
Quote:
So what? Do you have a problem with Black people. I believe they greatly enriched American culture. Actually there is no group that has been oppressed the way, Black Americans have and to have attained the level of achievement they did in such a short time.
In fact I think so too.
In Europe this wouldn't be necessary, since Europeans have their own distinct ( and rather rich cultures,) where American White culture is more *bland,* so Black culture definitely made its valuable input, in terms of jazz, "soul food," gospels, and "soul music" in general.
That's on a positive side.
On a negative side I don't find Black culture to be particularly compatible with "White American culture."

Last edited by erasure; 08-26-2016 at 02:27 PM..

Old 08-26-2016, 02:49 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,458,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What are you Trying to pull a Donald Trump on me, weak effort bud.

You're the one that jumped to a negative association with the statement "black culture".

No problem here I like soul food and southern food it's pretty clear that's what I was talking about.
What are you talking about? What does Donald Trump have to do with anything I said? I am not here to discuss political affiliations or preferences!!! All I asked you was, that do you have a problem if Black people influenced the White culture of the Deep South? This is normal, since historically it was in the South of the U.S., that had a higher ratio of African-Americans, thus inevitably their presence would have an impact anyhow, despite the fact that racism in the form of slavery was enforced to always put them down, later came racial segregation and so on.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:59 PM
AFP

Quote:
What are you talking about? What does Donald Trump have to do with anything I said? I am not here to discuss political affiliations or preferences!!! All I asked you was, that do you have a problem if Black people influenced the White culture of the Deep South? This is normal, since historically it was in the South of the U.S., that had a higher ratio of African-Americans, thus inevitably their presence would have an impact anyhow, despite the fact that racism in the form of slavery was enforced to always put them down, later came racial segregation and so on.
No problem.

You seem to have difficulty picking up subtleties that are obvious to most Americans.

What state do you live in?

Old 08-26-2016, 04:36 PM

136 posts, read 129,777 times
Southern Germany is more like Switzerland, Austria.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Southern Germany is mostly Catholic, that's one way they're more Southern European, is that not a cultural similarity? I'd say they're somewhat more dark-featured, but still more Germanic than Mediterranean of course.
True like Volker Pisper

Old 10-22-2016, 04:28 AM

Southern Germany is linguistically and culturally more similar to German-speaking Switzerland, Austria and German-speaking South Tyrol than to Central and Northern Germany!
While Northern Germany from a linguistically and cultural perspective is linked to the Netherlands, Scandinavia and Great Britain.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:55 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,333,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut2016 View Post
Britain is atlantic world and people, and they look it, sorry . Do you actually live in the UK? Have you seen any of those long legged beauties that you see often in Germany, Czech or the Netherlands in the UK? not even once.. british body types are completely different. Whatever you want to claim, I wish Uk looked more like Germany, or NL or Czech, because then there would be a larger pool of beautiful women in the World, but sadly it is not the case.

Sorry, for a moment I thought you were Ginger Strogonoff, but you have a sense of humour..

Old 10-22-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Sorry, for a moment I thought you were Ginger Strogonoff, but you have a sense of humour..
I am a ginger and extremely proud of it, do you have a problem with that?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:06 AM
AFP

Quote:
I am a ginger and extremely proud of it, do you have a problem with that?
What's there to be proud of? You were born with red hair so what! Who gives a ****. Are you proud of having two nipples as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe