Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 04:18 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
You do realise who you are replying to don't you? If anything it is CliffofDover aka Juggernaut aka Don Cabellero aka Traveller who is the one stirring the pot on all these threads. He is the one always posting about blonds. Most posts (mine included) are in response to his direct trolling. I've had some posts deleted in the past from Admin on the subject. Not sure why people can't call a spade a spade?

Anyone wanting to know who starts threads on blonds check the above poster's history so he is bascially a hypocrite. He has a fetish on blonds, Germanics etc and is without fail derogatory about the British (he lumps the Irish in there as well). I'm not really interested in the anthropology aspect of populations because I believe now that we have genetics alot of this anthropology is passe. Who needs anthropology, which IMO is pseudo-science, when there are so many genetic studies on modern populations and ancient genomes. Genetics shows what populations have the closest links. Even on the subject of Anthropology CliffofDover is basically biased and a troll. He is not an objective observer whatsoever but is extremely agenda driven. He will just post the same thing over and over again and will pop up with another name. People can say what they want about Saxonwold but most of his posts are in reponse to CliffofDover and his other online identities and he also does cite studies. CliffofDover has never posted any genetic or scientific support of what he says (because he can't find anything to support it) and he posts just as many pictures as Saxonwold.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of genetics knows what populations are more similar to each other. This is also unbiased but some old myths die hard.
So Saxonwold is the good guy here?

This blonde hair fixation is over the top. I can't see what the Germans have over the Brits tbh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 06:51 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
Are you a Saxonwold alter? because if you realize half of post alone are made by this guy? we could make a post count, and you are the only one coming in on his defense, Im not the one posting funny pictures of redheads, I just prove my point that there is not a big difference between central and north europe as saxonwold tries to display. If saxonwold would stop posting in this forum then most of those threads would be long dead... And who brought you to this conversation, the guy is talking to saxonwold and I was commenting on both of them, nobody brought you to this talk, and whatever fetish you have for saxonwold keep it for yourself. I can bring oppenheimer study and many other studies if I want, I have done it in the past.
Oppenheimer studies, as well as Bryan Sykes are obsolete. It's time for you to get an upgrade!!! Oppenheimer based his theories on the assumption that the R1b was from Iberia, well it wasn't and it isn't also the oldest Y-Dna haplogroup in Western Europe. that the We already know now that the R1b haplogroup didn't originate in Iberia or the Basque country but rather in the eastern parts of Europe and came to the British Isles in the Bronze Age via Central Europe! We also have to note that there are various subclades of R1b, the ones most frequent in the British Isles are quite uncommon in Iberia and vice-versa. Nobody ever say that there was such a great difference between Northern and Central Europe, actually the difference between Northern and Central Europe is much smaller than that between Northern and Southern Europe! Get your facts straight. Yes, I have been posting various pictures to support and many times back by studies, unlike some people who based on their insignificant bias. This was only in response to the many liars who wanted to portray British, Irish as mere Iberians, that is simply nonsense! The British Isles are located in North-Western Europe. Dutch people are not Central Europeans, rather North-Western Europe. I am of Dutch ancestry through my maternal lineage. All my posts are indeed in response to the likes of you, Caballero, Traveller 86 who wanted to sort of spread lies about British, Irish and other English-speaking peoples!

Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
So Saxonwold is the good guy here?

This blonde hair fixation is over the top. I can't see what the Germans have over the Brits tbh.
I don't know about being the "good guy", all I come with is facts, not bias. I might various way to express my points. Others have before me as well.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:51 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,059,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The " dark" Welsh type is only a stereotype. Yes, there are dark Welsh people and they generally tend to be better-looking than Germans( e.g. Catherine Zeta Jones), however the difference between the English and Welsh are never as great as that between Northern and Southern Germans or Northern and Southern French. First of all , the commonest eye colour in the U.K. is blue(ScotlandsDNA project) and the frequency of blue eyes in Wales is slightly higher than in Southwest, East and even Southeast England. The frequency of red hair in Wales is about the same as Ireland. Blond hair is not exotic in Wales, it is common, though people usually have brown hair, not black ( though some do). Many Welsh I have seen are blond/fair-haired as children, though this darkens as they grow older. This is why the majority still have blue or light eyes even when their hair colour is not blond! The most beautiful combination is that of dark hair, light eyes and pale skin which is seen in Celtic countries, but doesn't comprise of the majority of the Welsh who are more mousy-haired. It is just more striking. Central Europeans never strike me as light, they usually not pale-complected, many even when blond have brown eyes and are not like blond people from the Nordic or Baltic countries. Brown hair, brown eyes hold sway there.
Yeah... of course... carry on...

I see that you have mentioned Catherine Zeta-Jones yet again, as 'the' example of a Welsh woman. There are other Welsh women, you know!

If you are such a huge fan of CZ-J, I can think of two that have a similar 'look' to her. There is Marina Diamandis (singer with Marina And The Diamonds), and Imogen Thomas (reality 'star' and... er... 'model').

Old 11-11-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Yeah... of course... carry on...

I see that you have mentioned Catherine Zeta-Jones yet again, as 'the' example of a Welsh woman. There are other Welsh women, you know!

If you are such a huge fan of CZ-J, I can think of two that have a similar 'look' to her. There is Marina Diamandis (singer with Marina And The Diamonds), and Imogen Thomas (reality 'star' and... er... 'model').

Katharine Jenkins

Mary Hopkins

Old 11-11-2016, 04:07 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,059,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Katharine Jenkins

Mary Hopkins

Ah, I see that the 'blondes' have got a mention too...

Old 11-12-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Strange thread, don't know if you are still reading here. But my point of view:

First of all, Southern Germany is homogenous, you have Bavaria who is predominantly Catholic, other parts are very Protestant (Württemberg) and have strict work ethics whereas Catholic countries are said to be more idle, I don't know if this applies to modern times and I guess (Catholic) Austria has as strict work ethics as (protestant) Germany. Catholic regions I guess have similar customs no matter if in Italy, Austria or Bavaria. Other than that, nobody in Germany makes a siesta for example, there is no mediterranean lifestyle in S-Germany if you mean that, cuisine is very different also.

Usually people from North-Rhine-Westphalia are said to be more open, not so much we in the South, but maybe we are still more open than people in Northern Germany.

As for the looks, ethnic Germans with dark hair and dark eyes are quite prevalent in Baden-Württemberg, Bavarians I think are less dark. I think in the past they were refered to as Alpinid and Dinaric race, they were not considered mediterranean races.
Yeah in the past, anthropological phenotypes said to be most frequent in southern Germany was is the Alpinid, Dinaric and the Noric ( Keltic Nordid+Alpinid).

Old 11-18-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Speaking in general terms of course.

I knew one girl from Munich and she looked like she could be from Italy or Spain with her somewhat dark skin, dark hair and dark eyes.

Is this common with people down there and are they reserved like northern europeans or are they more open like southern europeans?

Weather - how sunny and warm is it in Southern Germany compared to the North?

Southern Germany is obviously warmer than Northern Europe, but if you consider south-Central Europe Southern Europe, then only perhaps southern Germany would be in "Southern Europe". Yes, southern Germans tend to have slightly more pigmentation in their skin than North-West Europeans and in fact "Celtic" skin phototype 1 is not that common in Germany as a whole (2%), but for sure it's more common amongst the north Germans than southern Germans. However southern Germans are as a whole lighter-pigmented than Italians and Spaniards. Dark hair + dark eyes + dark ("Olive") skin complexion may be found in any European populations, but is least common in North-Western European populations. Thus I would not consider southern Germans as Southern Europeans, rather as Central Europeans. Blonde hair is not rare there, but as a whole less common than in northern Germany where the stereotypical German with usually (dark) blond hair, blue/gray eyes, fair skin is more frequent. Then again, we should never assume that most Germans are blond, because they aren't.

This is an example of the "Celtic" skin phototype 1.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM

Southern Germans are more relaxed than their northern counterparts. Look at them!

Old 11-22-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
none of them has black or darkbrown hair which is very common in the UK. All of them have fair or blond hair just very bad lighting...good trick

You who usually tend to say that Northern French people only look British or Irish. I am here to let you know that is complete nonsense. Germany and France share a common border, thus there has been much more migrations between both countries than with Britain for thousands of years!
1.) French

2.) German

3.) French

4.) German

5.) German

6.) French

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe